[PS4/XB1] We will be entering maintenance dowtime on 6/17 at 7pm PDT (2:00 UTC). For more information, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/2IoSgVW

Glaiveathon Rewards Weekend 4/21 to 4/24

13468914

Comments

  • edited April 2017
    sanj66 wrote: »
    Stricera wrote: »
    Ohoho EME is still killing their game I see. Whats the point in doing x3 if rmh doesnt count

    What's the point of doing a x3 for a dungeon where people will just exploit it to run it endlessly, thus rendering everything else in the game pointless unless you're maximizing your time doing that one thing all weekend...? (And everyone who is not exploiting loses...)

    how do we lose? we lose by it not being triple drop and they exploit anyways, we still get something if it is included......
    You lose because the people abusing the exploit are getting that much more as a result, and are that much more motivated to do so while the going is 3x as good.

    sanj66 wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Angeline wrote: »
    What is even the point? You all knew this event was coming up for presumably at least two weeks; why not fix RMHM before the event...........!?!!?!??!!?!

    All I can say is that it takes development time to identify and fix things like this.

    then why wasnt it patched today with the cash shop?

    The cash shop is not a "patch". It's a web store.
  • AngelineAngeline ✭✭✭
    I mean, we all knew about the RHM exploits for weeks. I'm pretty sure at least one of them was posted HERE IN THE FORUMS...
  • Noesis wrote: »
    No joke. Spacecats and I talked about it, and I put the big "NO" on Ruinous Manor for the awards weekend. We have known for a while now that there is a method by which players can exploit Ruinous Manor and not use reset scrolls. We have a patch for this coming next week, but I made the call that we are not going to take a dungeon currently suffering from an exploit and then adding additional rewards to it.

    If we did that, the rewards would have to be so terrible as to simply be not worth it unless you were one of the people doing the exploiting. And if we made the drops good enough to be worth it for the honest players, the exploiters would benefit massively, and that's not ok.

    With Tuesday's maintenance we will have the dungeon fixed so that the known exploits will be addressed and loopholes closed, and Ruinous Manor will be included in future dungeon weekend events.

    No joke this is a stupid post, you just told the community that nothing will happen to the exploiters, now people would rather hunt for the exploit and use it to do rmhm this weekend instead.
  • DesuBeanDesuBean ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    There wouldn't be an exploit if there weren't 5 hour reset scrolls. But... That's just what a active player of this amazing game thinks.
    I love waiting 5 hours before doing the same dungeon, to farm minimal mats!
    ^-^
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    sanj66 wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Angeline wrote: »
    What is even the point? You all knew this event was coming up for presumably at least two weeks; why not fix RMHM before the event...........!?!!?!??!!?!

    All I can say is that it takes development time to identify and fix things like this.

    then why wasnt it patched today with the cash shop?

    The cash shop is not a "patch". It's a web store.

    you still get an update to dl when certain things get added also it could have been done today, an emergency mainty to patch that so the event to take place. so first you remove our bonus enchantment rate to host and enchantment event, then you remove the one dungeon worth running from the triple drop event, what is even the point atm. this is on the level of treesharks promised make up enchanting event that never happened.
  • LuL when the only dungeon that drops the main vm8 mat and belt gets cucked
  • At least gives us triple drops for ghillieglade now that RM is not even on the list for triple drops or jackpots.
  • AngelineAngeline ✭✭✭
    I guess we can take solace from the fact that RMH would have been too laggy to play anyway.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    Boymin wrote: »
    At least gives us triple drops for ghillieglade now that RM is not even on the list for triple drops or jackpots.
    How is GG comparable to RM? :| I need mats and a belt and those dont grow on trees. ha ha
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    sanj66 wrote: »
    Stricera wrote: »
    Ohoho EME is still killing their game I see. Whats the point in doing x3 if rmh doesnt count

    What's the point of doing a x3 for a dungeon where people will just exploit it to run it endlessly, thus rendering everything else in the game pointless unless you're maximizing your time doing that one thing all weekend...? (And everyone who is not exploiting loses...)

    how do we lose? we lose by it not being triple drop and they exploit anyways, we still get something if it is included......
    You lose because the people abusing the exploit are getting that much more as a result, and are that much more motivated to do so while the going is 3x as good.

    sanj66 wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Angeline wrote: »
    What is even the point? You all knew this event was coming up for presumably at least two weeks; why not fix RMHM before the event...........!?!!?!??!!?!

    All I can say is that it takes development time to identify and fix things like this.

    then why wasnt it patched today with the cash shop?

    The cash shop is not a "patch". It's a web store.

    but you still gain, where as now you gain nothing.
  • sanj66 wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Angeline wrote: »
    What is even the point? You all knew this event was coming up for presumably at least two weeks; why not fix RMHM before the event...........!?!!?!??!!?!

    All I can say is that it takes development time to identify and fix things like this.

    then why wasnt it patched today with the cash shop?

    There was no patch today. Shop changes can be made without restarting TERA servers. A an exploit fix like this is a more major change.
  • YoyomaYoyoma
    edited April 2017
    @Spacecats I really hope you actual take action against those that abused this exploit and ruined the event for the rest of the community, and not just some slap on the wrist but have accounts banned. If nothing is done that just seems like the company is too afraid they will lose money which is sad.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    LHMG4YDWYJ wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure out of 300 people, about 15 inject. Essentially 285 people are getting rocked because 15.
    It's a lot more than that, unfortunately.
  • LHMG4YDWYJ wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure out of 300 people, about 15 inject. Essentially 285 people are getting rocked because 15.

    I honestly just don't get it. When people cheat and abuse mechanics to get more rewards for themselves, it's the people who don't cheat who lose the most -- they lose by being honest while people who cheat get ahead of them. It seems to me they should rightfully be the most upset that people are cheating. This idea that "just because other people cheat doesn't mean I have to suffer" requires a tortured logic -- how do you play content "the right way" when you know for a fact that others are cheating and gaining way more than you will be for being honest? It just encourages more people to cheat! I mean, I suppose you can say they should be worried enough about the Sword of Damocles hanging over their heads, and you're content being morally/ethically free from that threat. But it seems to me that the wider view is that it's better that cheaters don't prosper more than they otherwise might, even if that comes at the expense of my own comfort.

    Of course, I want to believe the cheaters will have their comeuppance, and that the sword will actually fall.
  • EastiEasti ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    The community warned of these "exploits" and "bugs" of RMHM, but you never did anything about it. Now that there will be a triple drop come to say that RMHM did not enter because of a mistake of you hurting people who had already planned to run RMHM runs to get the set ambush.

    Btw the players using exploit are junk
This discussion has been closed.