Glaiveathon Rewards Weekend 4/21 to 4/24

Comments

• HipsterDyozHipsterDyoz ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    @Spacecats @Noesis
    Noesis wrote: »
    No joke. Spacecats and I talked about it, and I put the big "NO" on Ruinous Manor for the awards weekend. We have known for a while now that there is a method by which players can exploit Ruinous Manor and not use reset scrolls. We have a patch for this coming next week, but I made the call that we are not going to take a dungeon currently suffering from an exploit and then adding additional rewards to it.

If we did that, the rewards would have to be so terrible as to simply be not worth it unless you were one of the people doing the exploiting. And if we made the drops good enough to be worth it for the honest players, the exploiters would benefit massively, and that's not ok.

With Tuesday's maintenance we will have the dungeon fixed so that the known exploits will be addressed and loopholes closed, and Ruinous Manor will be included in future dungeon weekend events.

What about fix it first then only start the triple drops event????! no triple drops in RMHM = dead game.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    depressed about those cosmetic jackpots, none are very desirable cosmetics... the double bun is the most 'okay' i'd say, sometimes those can get scarce.

i guess the nicest thing about this is the diamond chance. hope the rng on it isn't complete booty.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    Melyodis wrote: »
    they calling it exploit when it was designed that way it's just that some player figured it out, or are they using third party programs to do what they are doing in respect to the reset scrolls?
    Players are using a third party program to do it.
  • HunHanHunHan
    edited April 2017
    Gameforge looks so much better than Enmasse now. Lol. Pathetic~~~ I HOPE THE UPCOMING 5TH ANNIVERSARY EVENT WILL BE GOOOOOOOOD~~~
  • MagraalMagraal ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    HunHan wrote: »
    Gameforge looks so much better than Enmasse now. Lol. Pathetic~~~ I HOPE THE UPCOMING 5TH ANNIVERSARY EVENT WILL BE GOOOOOOOOD~~~

NA Community finds glitch -> NA community actively abuses glitch, creates/uses third party programs to do so -> EME doesn't give glitched dungeon additional rewards -> NA community blames EME...

Seriously guys, if you want to be mad at someone, direct your rage at the people actively creating new ways to cheat in the game, and those shameless enough to use and/or spread them.
  • edited April 2017
    So wait
    I'm a returning player who's taking my time and still isn't even at end-game, so correct me if I'm wrong....
    EME excludes one out of /multiple/ opportunities for event awards for a reason that it looks like if out of their control, so the game doesn't literally break, and that makes the event "POINTLESS AND UNPLAYABLE!!!!!" and "EME IS TERRIBLE!!!"
    ....?
    Look, I know you guys have been apparently wronged in the past, but maybe take some time to think about your logic. They seemed like they're really trying their best here. if BHS didn't give the patch in time, they're forced to either delay the event (which would no doubt cause just as much backlash) or go through with the event but exclude a single dungeon (I mean, I guess two?) when there are still LOTS of other opportunities out there...?
    Again please educate my ignorance if I'm wrong lol
  • Best option would probably be to just delay the event until everything is fixed, instead of removing the one dungeon people want to farm the most.
  • @Spacecats Is it possible there could be a triple drop weekend for RMHM & RM after this patch has fixed the issue? I know a lot of people who don't use this exploit would greatly appreciate it if something like this were done.
    I completely understand why it's happening and even if this option I'm suggesting is a no go I'd understand too it's just sad when other people ruin something that could be really great for other players who don't abuse things.
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    > @Malachitenecklace said:
    > So wait
    > I'm a returning player who's taking my time and still isn't even at end-game, so correct me if I'm wrong....
    > EME excludes one out of /multiple/ opportunities for event awards for a reason that it looks like if out of their control, so the game doesn't literally break, and that makes the event "POINTLESS AND UNPLAYABLE!!!!!" and "EME IS TERRIBLE!!!"
    > ....?
    > Look, I know you guys have been apparently wronged in the past, but maybe take some time to think about your logic. They seemed like they're really trying their best here. if BHS didn't give the patch in time, they're forced to either delay the event (which would no doubt cause just as much backlash) or go through with the event but exclude a single dungeon (I mean, I guess two?) when there are still LOTS of other opportunities out there...?
    > Again please educate my ignorance if I'm wrong lol

Wouldn't be a big deal, but this is the only dungeon you can run to get certain materials for vision maker gear.
  • I'd rather it be delayed too, im a returning player and rmhm is the only dg that has ladies. wish there was another dg like before they had dreadspire too for endgame mats aside from fihm.
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    @Noesis @Spacecats put ladies handkerchief in LKH then if you "say a big NO" for RM. Because if you haven't noticed, its an essential part for any VM gear.
    It has been discussed in many forums that double and triple drop doesn't affect the glitched versions of RM from the 2nd round, so this whole hysteria is for nothing again. Like the emporium one. Maybe you want to implement a way to investigate something before ruining any even or shutting down systems.

Or else, make BHS code their dungeons better. RM has the same problems as many dungeons before them, i wouldn't blame all these on the players who has been around for more years than you.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Noesis wrote: »
    No joke. Spacecats and I talked about it, and I put the big "NO" on Ruinous Manor for the awards weekend. We have known for a while now that there is a method by which players can exploit Ruinous Manor and not use reset scrolls. We have a patch for this coming next week, but I made the call that we are not going to take a dungeon currently suffering from an exploit and then adding additional rewards to it.

If we did that, the rewards would have to be so terrible as to simply be not worth it unless you were one of the people doing the exploiting. And if we made the drops good enough to be worth it for the honest players, the exploiters would benefit massively, and that's not ok.

With Tuesday's maintenance we will have the dungeon fixed so that the known exploits will be addressed and loopholes closed, and Ruinous Manor will be included in future dungeon weekend events.

Thank you for all the detail here. It helps to feel in the loop a bit.
  • MagraalMagraal ✭✭✭
    Shikine wrote: »
    @Noesis @Spacecats put ladies handkerchief in LKH then if you "say a big NO" for RM. Because if you haven't noticed, its an essential part for any VM gear.
    It has been discussed in many forums that double and triple drop doesn't affect the glitched versions of RM from the 2nd round, so this whole hysteria is for nothing again. Like the emporium one. Maybe you want to implement a way to investigate something before ruining any even or shutting down systems.

so wait, is it confirmed that it doesnt apply the drops after glitched? cuase if thats the case then why not have triple drop in it? well i guess it might be way too late for them to change thier minds but if they can confirm it themselves cant they turn it on for the rest of the weekend? id like to farm some ladies please.

It would be difficult for them to confirm given that it's not an intended way to run the dungeon. At best they might agree to do an event for RM next weekend once the glitch has been patched.
  • edited April 2017

so wait, is it confirmed that it doesnt apply the drops after glitched? cuase if thats the case then why not have triple drop in it? well i guess it might be way too late for them to change thier minds but if they can confirm it themselves cant they turn it on for the rest of the weekend? id like to farm some ladies please.

What I've been told, anyway, is that there is a way to exploit it during multi-drop events (and someone did it last time), but I can't validate it. I assume either EME has validated the claims, or they just don't want to take the risk while this bug is in the wild.

Or else, make BHS code their dungeons better. RM has the same problems as many dungeons before them, i wouldn't blame all these on the players who has been around for more years than you.
    Whatever the root cause is, it is never a valid excuse to use exploits. The players who cheat are to be blamed.
This discussion has been closed.