Glaiveathon Rewards Weekend 4/21 to 4/24

Comments

• xoBarb wrote: »
    Magraal wrote: »
    HunHan wrote: »
    Gameforge looks so much better than Enmasse now. Lol. Pathetic~~~ I HOPE THE UPCOMING 5TH ANNIVERSARY EVENT WILL BE GOOOOOOOOD~~~

NA Community finds glitch -> NA community actively abuses glitch, creates/uses third party programs to do so -> EME doesn't give glitched dungeon additional rewards -> NA community blames EME...

Seriously guys, if you want to be mad at someone, direct your rage at the people actively creating new ways to cheat in the game, and those shameless enough to use and/or spread them.

The glitch & injecting has been around for ages with no stance or acknowledgement by anyone from EME, even majority of the mods in the unofficial tera online discord that has EME staff in it are publicly pro-injector even with sending DL links. With the lack of effort and care being shown by EME you can't really question why people are STILL going out of their way to exploit when the staff themselves have shown no intention of upholding the games integrity.

I think the key word there is "unofficial." Actually there are a lot of key words here so let me clear things up for anyone unsure about our forever and undying stance on this topic...

Hacking, 3rd party programs, and the exploitation of bugs are against the TERA Terms of Service and are bannable offenses. By using/doing these, you risk losing access to your game account. It doesn't matter if you think EME might be silently watching and giving their unspoken approval, and it doesn't matter if you're a moderator of a Discord channel, a guild leader, a founder, etc... There is never a reason to violate the Terms of Service you agreed to when you created your account, and if you do violate that agreement you should expect there to be consequences.

Discussing these 3rd party programs and exploits is also against the forum rules, so I'd like to get the thread back on the topic of this weekend's activities and the Glaiveathon rewards. I've removed some content from this thread that describes, references, or quotes comments that describe how to exploit, where to get hacks, or encourage the activity of exploiting.
  • Yea, titans ember in jackpot was worst reward, some noctenium infusion will be better :confused:
  • @Spacecats what about adding the triple drop to RMHM after it get patched? Can you guys think about that? That way we have a normal triple drop for all the other dungeons, and get one for rm once it's fixed... could be a good thing to think about
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    xoBarb wrote: »
    Magraal wrote: »
    HunHan wrote: »
    Gameforge looks so much better than Enmasse now. Lol. Pathetic~~~ I HOPE THE UPCOMING 5TH ANNIVERSARY EVENT WILL BE GOOOOOOOOD~~~

NA Community finds glitch -> NA community actively abuses glitch, creates/uses third party programs to do so -> EME doesn't give glitched dungeon additional rewards -> NA community blames EME...

Seriously guys, if you want to be mad at someone, direct your rage at the people actively creating new ways to cheat in the game, and those shameless enough to use and/or spread them.

The glitch & injecting has been around for ages with no stance or acknowledgement by anyone from EME, even majority of the mods in the unofficial tera online discord that has EME staff in it are publicly pro-injector even with sending DL links. With the lack of effort and care being shown by EME you can't really question why people are STILL going out of their way to exploit when the staff themselves have shown no intention of upholding the games integrity.

I think the key word there is "unofficial." Actually there are a lot of key words here so let me clear things up for anyone unsure about our forever and undying stance on this topic...

Hacking, 3rd party programs, and the exploitation of bugs are against the TERA Terms of Service and are bannable offenses. By using/doing these, you risk losing access to your game account. It doesn't matter if you think EME might be silently watching and giving their unspoken approval, and it doesn't matter if you're a moderator of a Discord channel, a guild leader, a founder, etc... There is never a reason to violate the Terms of Service you agreed to when you created your account, and if you do violate that agreement you should expect there to be consequences.

Discussing these 3rd party programs and exploits is also against the forum rules, so I'd like to get the thread back on the topic of this weekend's activities and the Glaiveathon rewards. I've removed some content from this thread that describes, references, or quotes comments that describe how to exploit, where to get hacks, or encourage the activity of exploiting.
    Tell BHS to next don't make lazy works, we already have enough recycled content and now they're making the same mistakes, this is unacceptable and dumb.
    Also make something about the Ambush materials, a lot of people changed their schedule to farm these in the triple drop and will get nothing, not only it but people who abused of this exploit that are supposed to be punished are the ones who will "win" cause they already have their banks filled with Ambush crafting stuff.

It always like that, people exploit the game and get no punishment, it was like that with the diamonds exploit, crucible exploit, alliance exploit. You guys take actions and tell us that you're trying make it fair to everyone, but what's the meaning of fair for you? Leave some people with perks while the others don't?
  • JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Except that we dont get to experience the whole reward that was community earned because of this exploit-that-shall-not-be-named. What is this volde-he who should not be named? The very reason for the thread.

Just to be clear, that is outrage for us ethical tera players that RMHM isnt included .. the ONLY location to get hanker-chiefs
  • AetonaAetona ✭✭✭
    Pipiro wrote: »
    Yea, titans ember in jackpot was worst reward, some noctenium infusion will be better :confused:
    I still have thousands of noct, I'll pass on that.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Report the glitches next time sooner, don't be a toxic player, don't exploit stuff.

With the things I saw seems RM was always has its own event for you people.

So, how is it a bad thing that actually EME's staff are taking action against exploits? Those using it get mad, that is an absolute.

@Dhrizzit said, don't glitch it, made threads, seems he is a better community member than many of us.

Be a responsible community then expect good from EME.

Community's crying continues w/o even pointing their fingers at them for being very negative on many aspect of the game.

EME needs also to take actions against these kind of toxic players.
  • JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    The point is they are not, until they do.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    Jenieve wrote: »
    Except that we dont get to experience the whole reward that was community earned because of this exploit-that-shall-not-be-named. What is this volde-he who should not be named? The very reason for the thread.

Just to be clear, that is outrage for us ethical tera players that RMHM isnt included .. the ONLY location to get hanker-chiefs
    Are you sure it's the only place?

8e6a6e292f.jpg
    68e0f9704e.jpg
  • JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    is there a 3x bg weekend? and even if there was its a 200k per week cap so .. next year we can get another character geared for HH ...
  • edited April 2017
    @Spacecats a few players asked but still unanswered is Ghilleglade included in x3? Also on the stream it said extra special reward login reward which was suppose to be on the post and wasnt. As seen at 5:34 of https://twitch.tv/videos/134290357 and the event time given on stream was friday 21st til tuesday maintainance as seen in stream
    https://twitch.tv/videos/134050463 at 1:20 when Noesis was with you.
  • StarSprite wrote: »

8e6a6e292f.jpg
    68e0f9704e.jpg
    160k is like 1 day farming bgs with power hour and there is a 200k cap.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    JasonLucas wrote: »
    StarSprite wrote: »

8e6a6e292f.jpg
    68e0f9704e.jpg
    There's also the devalued chests.
  • Yamazuki wrote: »
    JasonLucas wrote: »
    StarSprite wrote: »

8e6a6e292f.jpg
    68e0f9704e.jpg
    There's also the devalued chests.
    RNG, you can open 100 and get 50 or 0.
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Shikine wrote: »
    Shikine wrote: »
    It is human and gamer nature to explore the game look for holes and exploits you can use for your own advantage, and if the game allows it then therefore its allowed because you can do it. [...] This is clearly just bad design, nothing else for which the players cant be blamed for.

MMOs aren't the same as single-player games where the consequences are isolated. If an MMO allows something and you do it, but that something is an exploit, it can still be against the rules and can still get you banned. If people devise third-party tools to help them take advantage of that exploit, it's all the more reason to see action be taken (since it violates even more rules). The only reason people really think it's "allowed" is because they haven't heard of people being banned for it yet. If people were getting banned, they would come to the conclusion that it is not allowed, whether "the game allows it" or not.

Honestly, the lengths at which people go to defend cheaters and exploiters is baffling. When you signed up for an account, you agreed not to cheat or exploit the game. If you cheat or exploit the game, you deserve the blame, whether "the game allowed you to do it" or not. And it's clear from EME's comments in this thread that it is considered an exploit, and not a "hidden feature," in case there was ever any doubt.

Of course BHS should still fix it and not make these rookie mistakes in the first place. But it's not an excuse.

?_? i still don't get you, this was known YEARS, but it only gets this much uproar when ALL people get to know it? C'mon, hypocrisy at its finest.

What hypocrisy? If it were up to me, I would have pushed to fix it right from the start and ban all those who knowingly exploit it. How long people have known about it or how many people are able to do it make absolutely no difference to me. If EME is aware that people are actively exploiting this and want to exclude the content from a reward event because they believe there's a potential benefit to the exploiters, fair enough.

I think it's a reasonable suggestion to either a) have the key rewards available in other content, or b) add this benefit to this content at another time once the exploit is fixed. I think those ideas need to be brought forward to EME. But that has nothing to do with trying to justify/rationalize the people who are cheating as if it's the game's fault or the game made them do it by being poorly designed. Everyone knows the rules (and even if they don't, they agreed to them when they signed up).

I agree with you there about putting rewards or holding a special triple drop in an other time. Because thats fair and square for the rest of the community.
    I don't care how not-hypocrite you are we are talking about EME and BHS here, don't try to personalize it.

But you can see this goes deeper, if they fix this exploit then they should fix the bugs making OUR lives miserable. 3rd party programs can prevent ghosting and desynching which in case of brawlers is a [filtered] big problem, or meele dps getting hit behind the boss from front attacks.
    Just paying attention to bugs that affects a tiny bit EME from making more money while paying 0 attention to ones that dont affect them in such a straightforward way is just plain disgusting. (refering to heavy lagging in dungeons, desynching, skill ghosting, rubberbands, controller problems, mechanics not working properly like spiders in RM, being killed from full hp by hits which in log only takes half my hp, yellow dragon uber powered up giga hit when in fact it has 0 stacks, the list goes on...)
This discussion has been closed.