[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Glaiveathon Rewards Weekend 4/21 to 4/24

Comments

• honestly, i don't understand why people are complaining so much. it's a difficult situation for gm and dev to deal with either way. easy for us commentors to just sit back and type type type away every little dissatisfaction we have with the game (although i'm seriously really dissatisfied with the fact that we have to expect server lag to be normal, but that's already been a topic discussed billion times). there's no triple drop in rmh so what? it's not like they're turning the regular loot off. just farm like normal and farm other days. yes i understand some people have lives and may not have as much time to play; well that sucks but that's their own problem to deal with. these events are a REWARD. you can farm and grind ambush like anyone else without the need of a triple drop event. how many rmh runs do you have? if you're busy irl, do you actually make the time and effort to grind when you do have time to play? it's not like we're obligated to have these events, jfc. people complain, gifts or no gifts. chill
  • honestly, i don't understand why people are complaining so much. it's a difficult situation for gm and dev to deal with either way. easy for us commentors to just sit back and type type type away every little dissatisfaction we have with the game (although i'm seriously really dissatisfied with the fact that we have to expect server lag to be normal, but that's already been a topic discussed billion times). there's no triple drop in rmh so what? it's not like they're turning the regular loot off. just farm like normal and farm other days. yes i understand some people have lives and may not have as much time to play; well that sucks but that's their own problem to deal with. these events are a REWARD. you can farm and grind ambush like anyone else without the need of a triple drop event. how many rmh runs do you have? if you're busy irl, do you actually make the time and effort to grind when you do have time to play? it's not like we're obligated to have these events, jfc. people complain, gifts or no gifts. chill

The point is this; they have known about the "exploit" for a while yet nothing is being done until Tuesday AFTER the event. So they are leaving "regular loot" active right? So you mean to tell me it's acceptable for exploiters to gain an advantage in farming RMHM under normal circumstances but not with a triple drop event? It's the same flippin' thing, just 3x the loot for exploiters and legit players alike. It's fractured logic imo.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Report the glitches next time sooner, don't be a toxic player, don't exploit stuff.

With the things I saw seems RM was always has its own event for you people.

So, how is it a bad thing that actually EME's staff are taking action against exploits? Those using it get mad, that is an absolute.

@Dhrizzit said, don't glitch it, made threads, seems he is a better community member than many of us.

Be a responsible community then expect good from EME.

Community's crying continues w/o even pointing their fingers at them for being very negative on many aspect of the game.

EME needs also to take actions against these kind of toxic players.

you dont seem to get it, it was reported many times in the past, i remember our guild took a stance on some of these things, we made a report about someone using a 3rd party program and we were blatantly told by cs staff, do you have any pictures of them activating the program or any other proof along those lines? how do they expect us to get pictures of someone activating an injector or macro on their pc? or video evidence? unless you literally stand behind them and record/take pictures or they do it themselves and send it to you. it was mathematically shown that it has humanly impossible at one point for certain guilds to be accepting the rally quest that fast, as the reaction time needed to click accept was far beyond any human limitations and it was jsut shrugged off as well.
  • i think people who use the exploit for multiple runs get less/no loot for those runs. i tried it once cause people in my party set it up. hell, i may be self incriminating right now, but i'm just speaking honestly. i didn't think much of it and didn't even know it was a bannable thing, so i just went with it. i don't remember any loot being on the floor unless the dungeon was reset, and if you reset, it defeats the purpose of the exploit. when i do get the occasional person who wants to bug it now in lfg (i either say no, kick, or leave party) they want to do it just cause they're too lazy to fight the first boss..
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    IronCloud wrote: »
    Noesis wrote: »
    No joke. Spacecats and I talked about it, and I put the big "NO" on Ruinous Manor for the awards weekend. We have known for a while now that there is a method by which players can exploit Ruinous Manor and not use reset scrolls. We have a patch for this coming next week, but I made the call that we are not going to take a dungeon currently suffering from an exploit and then adding additional rewards to it.

If we did that, the rewards would have to be so terrible as to simply be not worth it unless you were one of the people doing the exploiting. And if we made the drops good enough to be worth it for the honest players, the exploiters would benefit massively, and that's not ok.

With Tuesday's maintenance we will have the dungeon fixed so that the known exploits will be addressed and loopholes closed, and Ruinous Manor will be included in future dungeon weekend events.

So unfortunate.... you're allowing the few bad players to ruin it for the many good players. This event was supposed to be a reward for showing support for the game via Twitch. Honest players are being penalized either way by your logic, it doesn't make sense. Not to mention we are nearing the end of a patch and coming into a new gear/content patch soon are we not? What's the big deal if a few more vm8 mats are laying around on the servers at this point?

its funny cuz i am sure if people knew this was the case upfront they would never have bothered to watch the stream......
  • i think people who use the exploit for multiple runs get less/no loot for those runs. i tried it once cause people in my party set it up. [filtered], i may be self incriminating right now, but i'm just speaking honestly. i didn't think much of it and didn't even know it was a bannable thing, so i just went with it. i don't remember any loot being on the floor unless the dungeon was reset, and if you reset, it defeats the purpose of the exploit. when i do get the occasional person who wants to bug it now in lfg (i either say no, kick, or leave party) they want to do it just cause they're too lazy to fight the first boss..

They wouldn't be disabling RMHM's eligibility for rewards during a 3x drop event and stating it is getting fixed during upcoming maint. if exploiters weren't gaining some kind of advantage for sure.
  • IronCloud wrote: »
    i think people who use the exploit for multiple runs get less/no loot for those runs. i tried it once cause people in my party set it up. [filtered], i may be self incriminating right now, but i'm just speaking honestly. i didn't think much of it and didn't even know it was a bannable thing, so i just went with it. i don't remember any loot being on the floor unless the dungeon was reset, and if you reset, it defeats the purpose of the exploit. when i do get the occasional person who wants to bug it now in lfg (i either say no, kick, or leave party) they want to do it just cause they're too lazy to fight the first boss..

They wouldn't be disabling RMHM's eligibility for event rewards during a 3x drop event and claiming to patch it on maint. if it didn't actually give exploiters some form of advantage... Thanks for sharing your experience with us though, you may want to edit that out..

haha its ok i'll just leave it. it was a one time thing weeks ago when i wasn't entirely sure what was going on. now i literally sit at the entrance of the dungeon until the person who wants to bug it decides to run normally or leaves party. if gms have problem with me i'll talk to them directly through support.
  • ArcherOfEnvyArcherOfEnvy Netherlands ✭✭✭
    You all just really need a chill pill. Cheaters/Exploiters ruined a single dungeon instance being included. The exploit itself is something that EME cannot fix, this is up to BHS. Instead, report third party players, abusers through tickets and screenshots. (Don't even get me started on the DPS meters and players using them.) The terms of service is clear about 3rd party applications. The website Moongourd holds dps stats of everyone playing Tera, I still wonder what EME will do about this, because it breeda toxicity and elitism. Packet injectors and or capturing them for these kind of thing is illegal. Thanks to people using DPS meters every player is findable on Moongourd, causing more complication on who to ban and punish for breaking ToS.

But back ontopic: You should all be happy instead of complain: Triple XP, Triple drops and dungeon Jackpots simulteanously. What more do you guys want for a weekend event that was done in liue of Valkyrie releasing? We have in May upcoming the anniversary event and even then most of you will be complaining when they announce their plans for May.
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    You all just really need a chill pill. Cheaters/Exploiters ruined a single dungeon instance being included. The exploit itself is something that EME cannot fix, this is up to BHS. Instead, report third party players, abusers through tickets and screenshots. (Don't even get me started on the DPS meters and players using them.) The terms of service is clear about 3rd party applications. The website Moongourd holds dps stats of everyone playing Tera, I still wonder what EME will do about this, because it breeda toxicity and elitism. Packet injectors and or capturing them for these kind of thing is illegal. Thanks to people using DPS meters every player is findable on Moongourd, causing more complication on who to ban and punish for breaking ToS.

But back ontopic: You should all be happy instead of complain: Triple XP, Triple drops and dungeon Jackpots simulteanously. What more do you guys want for a weekend event that was done in liue of Valkyrie releasing? We have in May upcoming the anniversary event and even then most of you will be complaining when they announce their plans for May.

Triple drop for RMH and decreased awakened enchanting material need next weekend, since it clearly doesnt happen this weekend.
    All whining solved.
  • You all just really need a chill pill. Cheaters/Exploiters ruined a single dungeon instance being included. The exploit itself is something that EME cannot fix, this is up to BHS. Instead, report third party players, abusers through tickets and screenshots. (Don't even get me started on the DPS meters and players using them.) The terms of service is clear about 3rd party applications. The website Moongourd holds dps stats of everyone playing Tera, I still wonder what EME will do about this, because it breeda toxicity and elitism. Packet injectors and or capturing them for these kind of thing is illegal. Thanks to people using DPS meters every player is findable on Moongourd, causing more complication on who to ban and punish for breaking ToS.

yep people complain about everything when none of these events are even obligated. though i disagree with you on the dps meter thing. i've only encountered maybe 2 or 3 people ever to use dps meter as a means to bm/flame. people like having it to know how they're doing and to improve playing their classes.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think BHS has to hire people who actually know how to code properly rather then making everyone suffer because of this, especially since we were promised this 2 weeks ago. Kind of a slap in the face imo.

No reason to log on unless you need other mats.
  • We won't have the enchanting bonus and/or the reduced awakening enchanting cost? Where was this announced?
  • MuggslyMuggsly ✭✭✭
    My take on this whole thing.
    1. We have known about this exploit forever, I personally heard about it over a month ago if not longer, and those who knew about it 1st are already in their gear since they have been doing it for weeks. So again this only hurts honest players.
    2. VM9 comes out in 3-4 weeks so who cares if some people get gear that will be 2nd best come new patch
    3. EU has had this fix in place already but once again EME shows that they are behind and care little about this game
    4. You could have postponed the event to match the patch

Between this and watching people open 70+ boxes and not getting a dragon I am so over Tera right now.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merkraad wrote: »
    We won't have the enchanting bonus and/or the reduced awakening enchanting cost? Where was this announced?

We will, where did you get that from?
  • ArcherOfEnvyArcherOfEnvy Netherlands ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    > @Merkraad said:
    > We won't have the enchanting bonus and/or the reduced awakening enchanting cost? Where was this announced?

We will.
    Merkraad is being a troll for some reason
This discussion has been closed.