[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Purposely Throwing as Mama Kuma. [Rant]

Why do people do this? What is so fun/funny about purposely wasting your own time just to purposely lose via trolling as Mama Kuma!??
It's so frustrating, I've played this game for hours today and have only won on Kumas once, and the reason behind a lot of the losses is because of people throwing. And I'm not making the assumption that a newbie/bad mama = throwing, these people are literally typing "LOLOL IM THROWING! or "IM THROWING JUST SO U KNOW! lul" in chat before doing just that.

There's no recourse, those of us wanting to play honestly can't fight back, and it's so unfair. I just want to enjoy some pvp and finish my quest, the XP earned is really high atm yet I can't get a single win largely because of people like this.

My first guttural instinct is to hate these people, but after my frustration backs off I honestly pity them, since I realize that you have to be a really miserable person with a doubly miserable life to purposely try and ruin peoples time/enjoyment of a game. Your irl must be so awful and pathetic for you to come on the internet and purposely set your goal for the night as ruining the game for other people over and over and over again, with those big brass b-lls that you only get to have behind the anonymity the internet affords you.
I just wanna give up. I don't think I'll be able to deal with another thrower tonight I hate the feeling of helplessness in situations like this. None of the options in the report section fit "throwing" and there's no "Other" where i could type in what I'm reporting them for.......and on the other hand, if the thrower doesn't talk in chat I can't seem to be able to report them at all! I pressed tab, went to battle group, and tried to click their name in the party ui on the side - nothing worked..........-sigh-

I know, it's the internet, and sadly people like to act like a-holes on the internet and we just have to deal with it, but throwing in this manner over and over and over again is particularly mean-spirited and sad imo.....
Earlier today, one of the Mama Kuma throwers i ran into actually was calling everyone the n-word, f*gg*ts, and etc., and I couldn't report them. I opened a ticket about this person and included screenshots but I can't help but feel they'll get away with it.
It's just disheartening, makes me not want to play anymore. -sigh-

I'm sorry for writing a book, I just didn't know where else to vent.

Comments

• People dont intentionally throw as mama. More likely it's someone who's a noob or someone who is using mama to dps for rank 1 achievements.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y7MJFPERXC wrote: »
    People dont intentionally throw as mama. More likely it's someone who's a noob or someone who is using mama to dps for rank 1 achievements.

No, he means about people who literally pick mama and go to their spawn and stand there doing nothing waiting to die. Or stand in the middle of the field doing nothing, on purpose. Seen it happen more than once.

We do need the 120s kick rule removal, seriously. You can't even avoid these game breakers because of that stupid rule. Not to mention bots and AFKs that you only see after the 1st hit.
    I remember Kumasylum didn't have that rule, and we did manage to kick out the AFKs and downright trolls that entered the game to ruin on purpose. No one kicked people cause hurrr durr you're bad kick, others would avoid that. Same would happen in Kumas and Iron.

Please EME consider this move/pass this to BHS.
  • if i see babies pvping(3 or more) and not dpsing enemy mama while i am kiting as mama, i will end the rounds quickly. if they do not listen and dps enemy mama as asked too, i will end rounds quickly. no point fighting an uphill battle when i can go into next match and most likely get a better team. there are mamas who, even when all babies dps, will fight constantly or go kamikaze at start of match causing a guaranteed loss. idea behind playing as mama is to kite and only fight when you can stun a group and follow up with a lethal nuke of damage. then repeat this process for an easy win.
  • HwasaHwasa ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    People dont intentionally throw as mama. More likely it's someone who's a noob or someone who is using mama to dps for rank 1 achievements.

That's not what i'm talking about, nor is what Xuekao's saying about ending it quickly if the match is bad. Like i said in my post, i am NOT equating newbs/bad-Mama's and Throwing. I'm frustrated over the people who literally type in chat they're going to throw and then do so, or who jump in circles by spawn and never use any their attack/stun abilities, and etc. purposeful measures to cause a loss. I've had this happen multiple times just today.
    I understand a mama ending it quickly if the game is clearly not going in our favor, but jumping around typing in chat that you're throwing before spamming "LOL" is not a bad/newb Kuma, it's a [filtered] who is purposely throwing.
    ElinLove wrote: »

No, he means about people who literally pick mama and go to their spawn and stand there doing nothing waiting to die. Or stand in the middle of the field doing nothing, on purpose. Seen it happen more than once.

We do need the 120s kick rule removal, seriously. You can't even avoid these game breakers because of that stupid rule. Not to mention bots and AFKs that you only see after the 1st hit.
    I remember Kumasylum didn't have that rule, and we did manage to kick out the AFKs and downright trolls that entered the game to ruin on purpose. No one kicked people cause hurrr durr you're bad kick, others would avoid that. Same would happen in Kumas and Iron.

Please EME consider this move/pass this to BHS.

I COMPLETELY agree about removing the 120 rule. You're literally never out of combat for anywhere near that long in Kumas Royale......it's an absurd rule that needs to be removed.
  • OmnomberryOmnomberry ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    what if they queue with a friend but seperate and one of them throws so the other wins, can totally see this happening during quiet hours

not that I encourage that
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xuekao wrote: »
    if i see babies pvping(3 or more) and not dpsing enemy mama while i am kiting as mama, i will end the rounds quickly. if they do not listen and dps enemy mama as asked too, i will end rounds quickly. no point fighting an uphill battle when i can go into next match and most likely get a better team. there are mamas who, even when all babies dps, will fight constantly or go kamikaze at start of match causing a guaranteed loss. idea behind playing as mama is to kite and only fight when you can stun a group and follow up with a lethal nuke of damage. then repeat this process for an easy win.

that I can understand. sometimes people will not listen no matter what. back to the op, if you see someone say that and do it screen shot the chat and the end results and send it to spacecats. that should be considered grieffing and that's against the rules.
  • BattlePopoBattlePopo ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Only time I see a mama throwing is when their team lost so badly that it seems there is no hope in winning, so throwing is just a way to end the game quicker and move onto the next.

If the mama is throwing on the first round to feed a friend on the other team or just for the lulz, then that's unfortunate. Luckily in my experience, I never see that.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattlePopo wrote: »
    Only time I see a mama throwing is when their team lost so badly that it seems there is no hope in winning, so throwing is just a way to end the game quicker and move onto the next.

If the mama is throwing on the first round to feed a friend on the other team or just for the lulz, then that's unfortunate. Luckily in my experience, I never see that.

Then you're very lucky indeed. I've had that happen way too often.
  • it is possible that those players are doing this to prevent players from speed leveling so they dont get the 24 hour titles. if that is still going on. got some individuals in this game who think they are special and not want certain things to flood the servers. i.e black stoles....i would murder kittens n puppies for one so badly right now. :(
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    when you know you have a crap team after the 1st round and lose, and you know they wont listen, then yes throwing the next one to speed it up Is ok. being a troll just for your personal amusement and hindering others, not ok. those are probably the same type of people that caused all this mess in the reward system, and other things removed from the game.
    the rules of decency shouldn't be too hard to understand. treat others the way you would like to be treated. don't steal or cheat. if they want to cheat so bad, let them play bot n soul. we are losing players like it is, we don't need for tera to get a reputation for having cheaters, and trolls. we need to not only have true action combat and beautiful open world as our claim to fame, we need to add that we have the friendliest, most helpful player base. then some of the other things wrong with the game wont seem too important.
  • when you know you have a crap team after the 1st round and lose, and you know they wont listen, then yes throwing the next one to speed it up Is ok. being a troll just for your personal amusement and hindering others, not ok. those are probably the same type of people that caused all this mess in the reward system, and other things removed from the game.
    the rules of decency shouldn't be too hard to understand. treat others the way you would like to be treated. don't steal or cheat. if they want to cheat so bad, let them play bot n soul. we are losing players like it is, we don't need for tera to get a reputation for having cheaters, and trolls. we need to not only have true action combat and beautiful open world as our claim to fame, we need to add that we have the friendliest, most helpful player base. then some of the other things wrong with the game wont seem too important.

Bot n Soul. so true lol
  • MirakaelMirakael ✭✭✭
    My suggestion is try to achieve lvl 65, Kuma battleground is so toxic, I stopped doing Kuma when I leveled up my lancer, when valkyrie was released. And you'll enjoy other battleground. but tbh, pvp or battleground is dead if there is no event or power hour.
  • ArnetraArnetra ✭✭✭
    You should always throw if it's round 3 and your team has lost one round and the other round was a draw. Rewards for a draw are the same as for a loss, so all you're doing by trying is wasting people's time and denying your opponents some extra rewards for no gain whatsoever. Just be nice and give them the win, it's better for everyone in that situation. For those who don't know, there is a brief period after a boss dies during which the other boss can still be damaged. If the other boss dies during this period too, then the round is a draw, if the bosses end at equal health that's probably a draw too, but I've never seen that.

General piece of Kumas advice: If you're having trouble winning and aren't absolutely horrible, just always take the boss. Seriously, 90% of people in Kumas are terrible anyway so you're rarely denying someone decent the chance. Gotten Battlemaster from Kumas on multiple characters just always taking it, this while playing with wifi ping. Went from winning most of the time to pretty much always winning unless I got 9 complete potatoes for teammates. Seriously, if you're not good at the boss, suck it up and take it anyway, you'll learn if you're going to be playing that much Kumas anyway.

In my experience, people will almost never grab the boss and throw if you either win the first round, or say you're a pro and will take it round 2 after losing round 1. And you can always grab it before them too.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    I just do dungeons. Even without 3x you are gaining more xp. The only reason why people should do Kumas' is not for the EXP, but to bonanza box spam if you aren't in a timezone accessible to powerhours.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    when you know you have a crap team after the 1st round and lose, and you know they wont listen, then yes throwing the next one to speed it up Is ok.

And how are they going to improve if they don't get a chance? And how is that speeding up, since then you'll have to wait outside for the cooldown anyway?