[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Ping spiking, anyone else?

Comments

• VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭
    liiiiike clockwork :angry:
  • feazesherofeazeshero ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Same here, what is going on? 3 days in a row at this time. I can't even tank properly.

Edit: Wanted to mention that I also have comcast but not that it may matter because everything else was working flawlessly at the time (other websites etc..)
  • CatoriiCatorii ✭✭✭
    Just did a tracert and "ae3.cs2.ord2.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.30.245]" is where the ping doubles for me. The rest of the hops are 9-40ms, and my usual ping is ~40-50. During these ping spikes at night, my ping won't go below 90-110, and keeps fluctuating up to 400-900 at random. This is the exact same time it started last night.

If it helps support figure it out, I'm on Comcast.
  • edited May 2016
    Same for me exact same time every single day cause reasons, seems like if a decent population of the game is having a ping spike at the SAME TIME every day they should at least look into and fix it if its an issue don't just blow it off as "oh sorry guy people are logging in a lot so just shut up about it" cause that insulting and in no way a fix.

This isn't really the issue. If it were something on the servers themselves that was happening to everyone, it would be really easy since they could diagnose it. But this is a routing issue, so it's before it even hits their servers or equipment. The only way is to escalate it their hosting provider who can in turn try to escalate up the chain. This is why these issues aren't easily solved.

Catorii wrote: »
    Just did a tracert and "ae3.cs2.ord2.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.30.245]" is where the ping doubles for me. The rest of the hops are 9-40ms, and my usual ping is ~40-50. During these ping spikes at night, my ping won't go below 90-110, and keeps fluctuating up to 400-900 at random. This is the exact same time it started last night.

If it helps support figure it out, I'm on Comcast.
    Just as a point of reference, I do not have this problem, but I also ran the traceroute and this particular hop is not in my chain. We need more data, but this could well be the root cause.
  • i have comcast

yesterday it started lagging at 10 and it lasted 1-2 hrs
    today it starts lagging at 10 as well, but only for about 30 minutes
    please resolve this -_- i had to drop runs that i had dedicated hours to because of it
  • CutechanCutechan ✭✭✭
    The same problem at the same time. Im from Southern México my ISP is Telmex.
  • dinnersdinners ✭✭✭
    I get freeze everyone 30~1 hour today
  • CutechanCutechan ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else lagging right now? My internet is just fine but in game my ping goes fro 100 to 1-2k and then the game crash.. again.
  • Lag spike again. Right around this time 9PM CST for 4 consecutive days. Last for around 1h then becomes normal.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag is back. gg
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I suspect today's lag (which I, too, am experiencing) might be a different issue. A friend of mine who plays this game never experienced timely latency issues like the rest of us in this thread, but today he also experienced ping spiking. Same with another player who also never experienced issues. Also, upon asking global, a few people said they were having issues with ping too. While the ping spikes people were talking about in this thread seemed limited to the same group of people every day at around the same time, the ones for June 7th at 7-8 pm PDT have been affecting people who were able to play just fine before, and had no need to ever post in this thread.

That said, until today I haven't experienced any issues, so good job to whoever fixed it.
  • MuiMui ✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    I suspect today's lag (which I, too, am experiencing) might be a different issue. A friend of mine who plays this game never experienced timely latency issues like the rest of us in this thread, but today he also experienced ping spiking. Same with another player who also never experienced issues. Also, upon asking global, a few people said they were having issues with ping too. While the ping spikes people were talking about in this thread seemed limited to the same group of people every day at around the same time, the ones for June 7th at 7-8 pm PDT have been affecting people who were able to play just fine before, and had no need to ever post in this thread.

That said, until today I haven't experienced any issues, so good job to whoever fixed it.

It appears I'm experiencing the same latency issue as well. It started about an hour ago for me (June 7th, 7 PM PDT). Ping is spiking well over 1000 ms.

Game's practically unplayable like this. Hope they get the cows out of the server room ASAP.
  • 800ms+ lag spikes since the last maint. Literally unplayable.
  • UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    More often than not I'm experiencing ping issues from Zayo servers, I've posted the issues here on the forums before. @Geletron might want to find those SLA's with zayo if you have any with them. This can't be within acceptable range.
  • FleettFleett ✭✭✭✭
    My ping spikes a lot and constant crashing late at night. It doesn't happen until like 1-2am EST.