[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Evasive GvG'ing

So this 3 player guild keeps GvG'ing my guild. No biggie really, except they (and by them I mean the guild master as that's literally all I've seen of their guild) are annoying.

Here's what they do:
1. They declare on us.
2. They hide in Velika.
3. Every few hours, they'll que some dungeons, and go to Highwatch and kill one of our guys that happen to be on the broker or in the bank or whatnot.
4. By the time we react, a que has popped for him on Channelworks or something and he'll accept it and leave.

It's rather annoying. I've killed him a total of one time and that's because he got bugged out of dungeon from Instance Matching. I'd hate to surrender to a 3 man guild as we're a rather decently sized guild and that's embarrassing af.

Comments

• welcome to tera
  • That's actually really smart. I'm surprised no other guys are doing this. But I wouldn't be surprised if they already are.
  • 9LWPWJK9D9 wrote: »
    welcome to tera

XDDDDD
  • annoying as it may be, they are playing a smart tactic. better as shock troopers/skirmishers than an army.
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    Play smart, not hard.
    I see.
  • SoyKupoSoyKupo ✭✭✭
    Wait is that Kupo Guild doing that? :o
  • What is GvG?
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    It basically means your guild can't handle fighting GvGs yet.

1) If you are in a GvG, why in the world would you even afk in Highwatch?
    2) Why didn't you bait the guild master?

I wouldn't call the 3man guild smart, since it is an easy strategy that can be countered by something even simpler.
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't afk in highwatch. Have more people there ready to fight, or have someone as bait at the bank and others on channel 2. Then change channels to appear on top of him and kill him. He's not using cw, prob using iod vanguard teleport instead. Just be smart. Also his guild is the one wasting guild funds to gvg so make him keep wasting them until he withdraws.
  • aeee98 wrote: »

I wouldn't call the 3man guild smart, since it is an easy strategy that can be countered by something even simpler.
    aeee98 wrote: »

aeee98 wrote: »

I wouldn't say that we couldn't handle gvgs. It was just dirty gorilla warfare tactics. And to be clear, I did end up baiting him at broker a few times and he would just teleport away when I fought back. There is a reason why I was complaining about it. There is literally nothing you can do unless you one shot him.
    Haggard86 wrote: »
    Don't afk in highwatch. Have more people there ready to fight, or have someone as bait at the bank and others on channel 2. Then change channels to appear on top of him and kill him. He's not using cw, prob using iod vanguard teleport instead. Just be smart. Also his guild is the one wasting guild funds to gvg so make him keep wasting them until he withdraws.

Like I said, he teleports away as soon as we attack back. The only way he can get killed is if we one shot him or he gets bugged out of his teleport.
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    If you actually hit him and put him into combat, he can't use iod teleport then, you have to be out of combat for that. My guess is he has someone use level 3 friend summon or healer summon, since those work in combat and are immediate. Have you been able to stun him and he still gets away? Get a lancer to leash him, warrior to backstab him, etc. just do your best to pin him down. You'll eventually make it not worth his time and he will withdraw to stop using guild funds