[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance for EU servers at 2:00 UTC. We will be entering into maintenance for NA servers at 1:00 AM PDT. We appreciate your understanding, and ask that you plan accordingly.

LAG + insult = rant

Everyone in the game is experiencing lag. It is barely playable for some. Then you dare post the 'please send us your system specs thread'. Holy crap BHS. Could you get your act together? I have an idea for the devs who need data to troubleshoot the issue. LOG into your own damn game and experience it for yourself! I can't even believe you posted that help us out thread. Like you have noooo idea what is happening in game. So sad!

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    cnetdrs wrote: »
    Everyone in the game is experiencing lag. It is barely playable for some. Then you dare post the 'please send us your system specs thread'. Holy crap BHS. Could you get your act together? I have an idea for the devs who need data to troubleshoot the issue. LOG into your own [filtered] game and experience it for yourself! I can't even believe you posted that help us out thread. Like you have noooo idea what is happening in game. So sad!

Maybe you don't know what those tools do at all.

EME is asking for the log file created from theiir tracing route tools, that way they can see at which point in your path your are having the problem.
  • SaphirKanzakiSaphirKanzaki ✭✭✭✭
    So sad!
    Donald, is that you? Back off Tera and go sending some Tomahawks to some terrorist country.

There might be always a truth to the lag, but in the past, I've seen so many things as people jump on the "I HAVE LAG" train.

- people playing wifi
    - people sharing internet with their household
    - people confusing lag and FPS drop
    - people simultaneously streaming
    - people simultaneously coding or heavily loading their PC
    - people open Tera twice
    - people playing on crowded ISP lines
    - any many more

And if you ask them about posting their tracert - "whaat? I have no idea what you want I HAVE LAG!"

So Mr. CNETDRS, post that you have 30ms to Chicago and an ingame ping of 200.
  • DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    Everyone in the game is experiencing lag.
    not everyone is experiencing lag. i've had zero issues., open world, dungeons, everything working perfectly. which is WHY they're asking for info, narrow down what might be causing issues for those that DO have lag.
  • edited April 2017
    Hi all,

Lets take 30sec :

Just after maintenance and triple event : ping ok no spike

Triple event starting : lag spike ( yeah jump to 800 ms )

maybe server need upgrade ? Cause many people came back, farm, or whatever.

For people who dont have lag, please lets do some instance together, then i will see if you lag (die) or not.
  • apfigueiredoapfigueiredo ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I'm quite sure that if EME staff logged into the game and ran RMHM and/or HH when most players are complaining about the lag, they would experience the lag themselves, first hand. Then they could run whatever diagnostic tools they wanted.
  • THis happens since the very beggining of Tera.
    Every time there is an event like this... Servers collapse.
    Remember the times when Lab of Terror was the fashion way to get Mwa, and do it like 30 times per day in doble drop. Impossible kill that fu.....ing spider with the 1 minute silence skill, for the terrible lag of 1200/1900ms (Im used to lag of 180/220)
  • Yea the lag has always happened in events but I don't remember it being this bad for a very very long time. It started around when we got flying dragon mounts and is has only escalated since valk release. On top of the lag already caused so far, triple drop really does make it unplayable. I wanted to get elite for triple drop but I can't justify spending money on this until it's resolved.
  • Closing this thread since there are already multiple discussions about lag, and another rant doesn't help alleviate the problem.

I'd like to encourage you guys to help out by using the "Tools" menu in the TERA launcher, and send the generated diagnostic TXT file to [email protected] so that we can try to discern where different players are experiencing network problems and attempt to eliminate the cause.

For those saying En Masse should simply play TERA in order to experience (and then instantly fix) all network lag, please just trust me that it isn't that straightforward. The diag file really does help identify problematic routes between players and the TERA servers, so please don't discourage anyone from sending it. You're not getting us any closer to solving anyone's lag problems.
This discussion has been closed.