[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Elin ear & hat...why?

@Spacecats
Why are some hats showing ears now?!
They doesn't show ears before.
Are the hats and ears clipping ever gonna be fixed back to how it was, like, removing the ears?

http://i.imgur.com/FC1KPhl.png
http://i.imgur.com/m4lldV7.png

I noticed this only affects hats which doesn't change your default hairstyle, only those that changes your hair when you wear hat are fine, like these

http://i.imgur.com/IXrq43H.png
http://i.imgur.com/57YP9kQ.png
http://i.imgur.com/ZBtwyxr.png
«1

Comments

  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    When you realized that *ahem* do better job than official ones.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think of it as a fearure. You do not see anime animal girls wearing a hat without their animal ears poking through or making a little noticeable bulge on the head where the ears go, unless the hat is big enough to hide completely the ears. Think also how uncomfortable must be for an Elin having her ears folded against her head all the time.
  • Zoknahal wrote: »
    Think of it as a fearure. You do not see anime animal girls wearing a hat without their animal ears poking through or making a little noticeable bulge on the head where the ears go, unless the hat is big enough to hide completely the ears. Think also how uncomfortable must be for an Elin having her ears folded against her head all the time.

    I guess he used hat to cover the ears bec he doesnt like animal ears
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Good, I always hated how the ears never showed
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair the cap one looks really cute with the ears trough it, if they bothered to make holes for the ears it would be perfect.
    Tho I agree the bigger ones like the Prismatronic one (well I don't like that anyway) and some others look bad with just that tiny tip poking from nowhere. Even the pick nick set hat that I forgot the name, that is super adorable, looks pretty weird with the ears poking from sides somehow.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    To be fair the cap one looks really cute with the ears trough it, if they bothered to make holes for the ears it would be perfect.
    Tho I agree the bigger ones like the Prismatronic one (well I don't like that anyway) and some others look bad with just that tiny tip poking from nowhere. Even the pick nick set hat that I forgot the name, that is super adorable, looks pretty weird with the ears poking from sides somehow.

    Yeah, I think that there are some hats that don't look good when showing ears because the size of the hat.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tenshi1 wrote: »
    Good, I always hated how the ears never showed

    An option to show/hide the ears, like the one about using the upswept hairdo or not, would be nice.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Tenshi1 wrote: »
    Good, I always hated how the ears never showed

    An option to show/hide the ears, like the one about using the upswept hairdo or not, would be nice.

    That'd be awesome :D
  • Thought this was just me.. glad it's not. Hopefully they keep it this way, I hate the hidden ears
  • yeah i'd like an option to hide the ears with the rally cap.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    AbstractCH wrote: »
    Thought this was just me.. glad it's not. Hopefully they keep it this way, I hate the hidden ears

    Me: Why have a class for the ears if you can't see them?

    I love the elin ears and tails, one of the main reasons I love elins so much, I love animals
  • NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned in a previous topic of the same subject, there are some hats that just do not look right when the ears show. This includes one hat that I dearly love to use, the Mad Hat. There are players out there who want play small characters because that's there choice, and this is something we need to respect. If items were meant to function a certain way, and then stopped working, it's considered a problem that needs to be addressed.
  • Daight90Daight90 ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    ^^ What he said.
    I bought those hats to mix and match with my costumes, and some hats-ears clipping just looks weird.

    Not being whiny, but I can't see ears popping out of hats and pretend to imagine 'Elins cut a hole on the hat to show their ears, and the holes on the hat moves along with the ears',
    all I can see is 'clipping, clipping, and more clippings'

    And some hats are especially worse with clippings, not counting upswept hairdo clipping.

    http://i.imgur.com/OATdju1.png
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Daight90 wrote: »
    ^^ What he said.
    I bought those hats to mix and match with my costumes, and some hats-ears clipping just looks weird.

    Not being whiny, but I can't see ears popping out of hats and pretend to imagine 'Elins cut a hole on the hat to show their ears, and the holes on the hat moves along with the ears',
    all I can see is 'clipping, clipping, and more clippings'

    And some hats are especially worse with clippings, not counting upswept hairdo clipping.

    http://i.imgur.com/OATdju1.png

    yes, some are just... why...
    Others are really cute like the cap, but I don't get why BHS dos so many Elin costumes and has stopped putting the hole for tail and ears on them, I mean they're their pride and joy, their money makers, and they half-[filtered] it?? Just put the holes for ears on the smaller hats!
    The big ones should hide them, like you showed, the tiny spot poking out is just weird.

    ...But I do want some hats with ear holes, these ears are just so adorable

    *This made me test: Castanics have the same issue with horns, tho it looks pretty weird in even more cases, cause instead of a cute bunny ear sticking out of a fluffy hat you have that HORN there..

    Please BHS do the holes for ears, tails and horns. You made your characters that way, you should know how to keep it...

    Or make Elin tails stick from the bottom of the skirts when it happens if you don't wanna make a hole for it at the back.


    On a complete offtopic, wouldn't it be adorable if Elin's tails had emotes or reacted to the action as well? I mean wouldn't a tail wagging fox eared elin be adorable?
  • Daight90Daight90 ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Yeah I am triggered by the clippings, not the 'hats showing ears', if they made hats with holes like how old elin armors are, I won't complain, because then, I can really see a hole on the hat, not trying to lie to myself with 'the clippings is because elins cut a hole on it'

    Those big hats I bought which originally does not show ears, and showing them now, is the worse. :angry:
    I know it might not be EME's fault, and whatever I bought still technically belongs to EME,
    but I still feel cheated when the appearance of what I purchased, are changed without me knowing. :(
    ElinLove wrote: »
    On a complete offtopic, wouldn't it be adorable if Elin's tails had emotes or reacted to the action as well? I mean wouldn't a tail wagging fox eared elin be adorable?

    There is a emote which makes use of elin's tail, which is the schoolgirl's sitting posture, but only that though.
Sign In or Register to comment.