[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance for EU servers at 2:00 UTC. We will be entering into maintenance for NA servers at 1:00 AM PDT. We appreciate your understanding, and ask that you plan accordingly.

Calendar Rewards - May 5th

I don't know whoever decided that it was a good idea to put a diamond reward as a calendar reward but this is as exploitable as the diamond jackpot on the weekend. Please remove this.

Comments

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    this was added in yesterday, ur slacking bud
  • ryukito wrote: »
    I don't know whoever decided that it was a good idea to put a diamond reward as a calendar reward but this is as exploitable as the diamond jackpot on the weekend. Please remove this.

I think this is really nice for the community, considering that there has been so much lag during recent events. Its a nice way to show that they still appreciate their player base! I haven't done to many dungeons over the past weeks since Valk has been released.

This nice calendar reward is a great way to give back and not create game lag.
  • I don't know who is on the player council who thinks this is a good idea but they need to reevaluate the members in there if they think this is a good idea after the diamond fiasco on jackpot dungeon weekend. Especially when something like this is so easily exploitable which I'm not going to mention how but it is pretty obvious how.
  • ryukito wrote: »
    I don't know who is on the player council who thinks this is a good idea but they need to reevaluate the members in there if they think this is a good idea after the diamond fiasco on jackpot dungeon weekend. Especially when something like this is so easily exploitable which I'm not going to mention how but it is pretty obvious how.

Its not the player council who makes all the decisions dude relax, and everything in a game is exploitable just like bamarama, have mass spread sheets for win rates go complain about that?
  • AimoveraAimovera ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but could you people for once stop complaining about everything and just be thankful they even added something like that to the calendar? :expressionless:
  • We are looking for something nice, but you're right that diamonds aren't the answer because people will abuse it. We're looking for other options at the moment.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    ryukito wrote: »
    I don't know who is on the player council who thinks this is a good idea but they need to reevaluate the members in there if they think this is a good idea after the diamond fiasco on jackpot dungeon weekend. Especially when something like this is so easily exploitable which I'm not going to mention how but it is pretty obvious how.
    Player Council members have no control over the calendar. We can provide community feedback. That being said feedback for the diamond has been really mixed. Some players are really excited for the extra gold while others have concerns.
  • edited April 2017
    Edited title to remove my name. Please don't call out individuals on the forums. Even EME staff. If you have something to say to someone in particular, please message them directly instead of creating a discussion.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aimovera wrote: »
    Sorry, but could you people for once stop complaining about everything and just be thankful they even added something like that to the calendar? :expressionless:

It does more harm than good to hand out 10k for logging in.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »

10k is about the amount of gold you can get from doing one set of dailies on a character (selling all of the materials/IoD tokens/feedstock etc.) A free set of vanguards is not gamebreaking. It is just a reward for being around for another anniversary.

I seriously do not understand how people constantly find things to complain about.

Materials are the cheapest they have been since I began playing before gunner release. 10g mwa, 5g t10 feed, 20g spellbind. The sheer amount of materials and ease of gaining VM recipes means it is easier than ever to get a character in VM. I don't see how that's a bad thing, and I don't see how a free 10k is broken.

• YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Yamazuki wrote: »

10k is about the amount of gold you can get from doing one set of dailies on a character (selling all of the materials/IoD tokens/feedstock etc.) A free set of vanguards is not gamebreaking. It is just a reward for being around for another anniversary.

I seriously do not understand how people constantly find things to complain about.

Materials are the cheapest they have been since I began playing before gunner release. 10g mwa, 5g t10 feed, 20g spellbind. The sheer amount of materials and ease of gaining VM recipes means it is easier than ever to get a character in VM. I don't see how that's a bad thing, and I don't see how a free 10k is broken.
    You typically won't get 10k out of doing that now a days (more like 3k?), and that's generally something that takes an average player at least an hour (~4 hours really) to do as well all being given for just logging in for each and every account you log in to, something that takes them just a couple minutes to do. Getting a higher gold count means nothing when it's being devalued. It isn't much difference in the real world where 1$ in America is more than 1$ somewhere else.
  • It's removed and replaced.
  • So here's my question.

Is the calendar based off of server dates or pc dates? I keep thinking about this exploit that has been mentioned and that's the only way that I can see that this is exploitable. By grabbing the login reward and then logging out, resetting pc date and then logging back in the next day you could in essence grab it again. However I am sure that EME has thought of this and has already made sure that this is not an issue.

If you are calling it an exploit because of multiple accounts, then this wouldn't be an exploit. If players have multiple accounts and choose to send gold between these accounts, then so be it. That is their choice.
  • how could they abuse i suppose by creating several accounts and claiming? well is that's so since i love diamonds I'd include them in battlegrounds weekend jackpots, not just for the gold i remember when the diamond reward message used to pop the matches were awesome and intense, no one was afk everybody fighting like lions covering ladders highly focused and doing their best, beautiful matches indeed no one would give up till last second, im against abuse of course but id consider to include them in jacpots ,after all 10k gold you cant really do much with that but encourages ppl a lot
  • CutechanCutechan ✭✭✭
    Halrath wrote: »
    It's removed and replaced.

thx m8 :hurrah:
This discussion has been closed.