[PC] Naslow's Treasure Map Items have been temporarily disabled while we resolve an issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Calendar Rewards - May 5th

Comments

• HecateNyx wrote: »
    How is this "easily exploitable"? You do realize that you have to be level 13 to claim the daily Vanguard reward, which creates a barrier to creating tens (or more) different accounts to claim the diamond.

Thanks you [filtered] for ruining this for the player base. I was really excited about the diamond, and now it's been s h i t on once again by the a s s h o l e s on this forums.
    ryukito wrote: »
    I don't know who is on the player council who thinks this is a good idea but they need to reevaluate the members in there if they think this is a good idea after the diamond fiasco on jackpot dungeon weekend. Especially when something like this is so easily exploitable which I'm not going to mention how but it is pretty obvious how.

It takes 1 channel of power leveling off teraliths to reach lvl 13. It takes like 2 minutes to create an account and another 3 to level to 13, especially with buddy up. You can literally claim a diamond every 7 minutes. You have to be literally [filtered] to think this isn't exploitable.
  • Fading wrote: »
    So here's my question.

Is the calendar based off of server dates or pc dates? I keep thinking about this exploit that has been mentioned and that's the only way that I can see that this is exploitable. By grabbing the login reward and then logging out, resetting pc date and then logging back in the next day you could in essence grab it again. However I am sure that EME has thought of this and has already made sure that this is not an issue.

If you are calling it an exploit because of multiple accounts, then this wouldn't be an exploit. If players have multiple accounts and choose to send gold between these accounts, then so be it. That is their choice.

It's based of server time, and we're talking about players making multiple characters and accounts to grab multiple copies of the calendar reward, then mail it to their mains.

Doing this isn't an exploit because there is no bug to exploit, but it is abusing a system meant to give a single daily reward to each person/character. It's something to consider for each calendar reward we put on the list.

If players are choosing to spend hours creating dummy accounts in order to give one character multiple rewards, they're gaming the system in a way that's unfair to normal players who are actually playing TERA, and we as publishers do those honest players a bit of a disservice by creating an environment where that kind of behavior goes unchecked. Our goal is to reward those who actually participate in the game.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    HecateNyx wrote: »
    How is this "easily exploitable"? You do realize that you have to be level 13 to claim the daily Vanguard reward, which creates a barrier to creating tens (or more) different accounts to claim the diamond.

Thanks you [filtered] for ruining this for the player base. I was really excited about the diamond, and now it's been s h i t on once again by the a s s h o l e s on this forums.
    I don't know who is on the player council who thinks this is a good idea but they need to reevaluate the members in there if they think this is a good idea after the diamond fiasco on jackpot dungeon weekend. Especially when something like this is so easily exploitable which I'm not going to mention how but it is pretty obvious how.

You gotta keep in mind, that yes, 10K for each player who logs that one day, will RUUUUUIIIIN the game's economy! I mean jeez who had this stupid idea? There's a ton of new players in need of feedstock and alkahests, the later can be bought from merchant, creating a gold sink, but this was specifically defined as a way to make the rich richer.

Deemn people love saying this, specially that one in italic. It's such a huge grief when the rich players get to sell their feedstock to the ones who need it...

Guys just get something straight up your heads: there's a LOT going on for the bad economy in TERA, that if it even can be called bad, it's just shifted the values upwards in everything, and the 10K that drops into every account that logs that day is just such a tiny amount that like many of you say, it's something you could farm in a day of VGs and Kumas. Heck I did this much with a handful of Kumas matches selling Bonanza boxes in a snap. But yeah, giving these 10K for people to just see how a diamond looks like in game will ruin the game.

Nice job forums.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »

You gotta keep in mind, that yes, 10K for each player who logs that one day, will RUUUUUIIIIN the game's economy! I mean jeez who had this stupid idea? There's a ton of new players in need of feedstock and alkahests, the later can be bought from merchant, creating a gold sink, but this was specifically defined as a way to make the rich richer.

Deemn people love saying this, specially that one in italic. It's such a huge grief when the rich players get to sell their feedstock to the ones who need it...

Guys just get something straight up your heads: there's a LOT going on for the bad economy in TERA, that if it even can be called bad, it's just shifted the values upwards in everything, and the 10K that drops into every account that logs that day is just such a tiny amount that like many of you say, it's something you could farm in a day of VGs and Kumas. Heck I did this much with a handful of Kumas matches selling Bonanza boxes in a snap. But yeah, giving these 10K for people to just see how a diamond looks like in game will ruin the game.

Nice job forums.

there's a BIG difference between adding lots of gold into the game directly via diamonds than people just trading around existing gold lol
  • gibgib ✭✭✭
    10k will singlehandedly destroy the economy and ruin the game for everyone!!!!!!11!!!one!!1!!!!1!!!

ok man
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017

nutmeg wrote: »

It takes 1 channel of power leveling off teraliths to reach lvl 13. It takes like 2 minutes to create an account and another 3 to level to 13, especially with buddy up. You can literally claim a diamond every 7 minutes. You have to be literally [filtered] to think this isn't exploitable.

And you forgot something even more important, some people ALREADY have these number of accounts with said characters, and they can make more before the day the diamond is given.
    kamizuma wrote: »
    there's a BIG difference between adding lots of gold into the game directly via diamonds than people just trading around existing gold lol

This is why the jackpot fiasco was frowned about lol. Then again kami what do you know, you only buy and sell stuff kappa.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice job forums.

you don't tell me!
    I thought it worked like on governments that they can just print money to get out of economical crisis!
    ~for who's entirely brain dead, the above is a sarcastic comment and I'm aware of the entire inflation related to money printing~

You just blew it completely out of proportion. These many players that are getting it, which won't be a million or so, many of those like I said, are just leveling folks/new players and fresh Lv 65s that don't know how to earn gold to begin with. They wouldn't be selling you the bonanza boxes like I do, and would just dump much of those 10K in merchant in form of t10 alkahests and potions.
    You can argue that giving them the alkahests directly does better then, but it didn't change peanuts in the end, still material that killed a gold sink.

The entire calendar gift thingy "ruins the economy", stuff grows out of thin air into your lap cause you logged, part of which can be sold too.

The proportion of this is what bother me, why people got SO mad at 10K gold being injected to who logs. CS gave those Diamond matches and no one complained as far as I recall. That was direct 200K injected into the game + 20x the usual win prize. And it wasn't just one diamond match per month or so, it was every now and then. I won many of them, there was daily quite some diamond matches. No one complained that it ruins economy.

The fact is, that during those times there was a LOT MORE going on than just giving out diamonds. Hence it never ruined the economy, and it wasn't gonna happen now as well.
  • Thanks to the posters in this thread, the May 2017 calendar now looks like this...

EME allowed the cheaters to screw up the 3x drop weekend, then chooses to rescind the best calendar gift I've ever seen because of rich players complaining. For those of us who don't cheat, but are often short of in-game gold, a diamond would have been a welcome gift. Thanks guys.

maycal.jpg
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Vix wrote: »
    Thanks to the posters in this thread, the May 2017 calendar now looks like this...

EME allowed the cheaters to screw up the 3x drop weekend, then chooses to rescind the best calendar gift I've ever seen because of rich players complaining. For those of us who don't cheat, but are often short of in-game gold, a diamond would have been a welcome gift. Thanks guys.

maycal.jpg

Actually, I am considered poor (I don't sit on millions of gold lol) and I am complaining. But the nerf to the reward might have been a little too extreme IMO.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭

Nice job forums.

you don't tell me!
    I thought it worked like on governments that they can just print money to get out of economical crisis!
    ~for who's entirely brain dead, the above is a sarcastic comment and I'm aware of the entire inflation related to money printing~

You just blew it completely out of proportion. These many players that are getting it, which won't be a million or so, many of those like I said, are just leveling folks/new players and fresh Lv 65s that don't know how to earn gold to begin with. They wouldn't be selling you the bonanza boxes like I do, and would just dump much of those 10K in merchant in form of t10 alkahests and potions.
    You can argue that giving them the alkahests directly does better then, but it didn't change peanuts in the end, still material that killed a gold sink.

The entire calendar gift thingy "ruins the economy", stuff grows out of thin air into your lap cause you logged, part of which can be sold too.

The proportion of this is what bother me, why people got SO mad at 10K gold being injected to who logs. CS gave those Diamond matches and no one complained as far as I recall. That was direct 200K injected into the game + 20x the usual win prize. And it wasn't just one diamond match per month or so, it was every now and then. I won many of them, there was daily quite some diamond matches. No one complained that it ruins economy.

The fact is, that during those times there was a LOT MORE going on than just giving out diamonds. Hence it never ruined the economy, and it wasn't gonna happen now as well.

20 diamonds an hour from CS isn't the same as potentially 1 million diamonds an hour????
  • The 10K gold would be really nice for players, especially to make up for the numberous diamonds that have been lost due to the removal of the jackpots in dungeons during the event.
    Also 10K would be a start to compensate for the lag that has been haunting us for months now.

@Spacecats I hope you do know that it is only possible to log in with 5 accounts per 24 hours, as can be read here:

http://support.enmasse.com/tera/user-authentication-failure

So, the people trying to create multiple accounts will only be able to claim the diamond 5 times, which is 50K. If the maximum damage is 50K, is this more than enough to remove the diamond and screw up every single other player (once again)? I hope that we won't be suffering this time as well.
  • Some people just doesn't care, they will go out of their way just to fudge with people.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    YMMHNXYX9H wrote: »
    The 10K gold would be really nice for players, especially to make up for the numberous diamonds that have been lost due to the removal of the jackpots in dungeons during the event.
    Also 10K would be a start to compensate for the lag that has been haunting us for months now.

@Spacecats I hope you do know that it is only possible to log in with 5 accounts per 24 hours, as can be read here:

http://support.enmasse.com/tera/user-authentication-failure

So, the people trying to create multiple accounts will only be able to claim the diamond 5 times, which is 50K. If the maximum damage is 50K, is this more than enough to remove the diamond and screw up every single other player (once again)? I hope that we won't be suffering this time as well.

the main reason eme recognized that it wouldn't be a good idea is because there are ways to get around that "5 log in limit".
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit I am underwhelmed with the replacement.
  • kamizuma wrote: »
    the main reason eme recognized that it wouldn't be a good idea is because there are ways to get around that "5 log in limit".

This is not possible. If you would claim to know how that would mean you have a vast indept knowledge about their client which surpasses the minds of the people at Enmasse itself, which is highly unlikely.

If you don't claim to know which ways people are supposed to use to get around it, you are doing nothing else besides throwing assumptions in the air.

This discussion has been closed.