[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Calendar Rewards - May 5th

Comments

• KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    kamizuma wrote: »
    the main reason eme recognized that it wouldn't be a good idea is because there are ways to get around that "5 log in limit".

This is not possible. If you would claim to know how that would mean you have a vast indept knowledge about their client which surpasses the minds of the people at Enmasse itself, which is highly unlikely.

If you don't claim to know which ways people are supposed to use to get around it, you are doing nothing else besides throwing assumptions in the air.

you realize that kamizuma is in player council and is one of the players that know the most about TERA economy (if not the 1st), and if he says that something can broke the economy more than is already is, is probably true.
    My bet isn't that there is only this thread here, but also one in player council section where this subject is being debated also.
  • edited April 2017
    I hope you do know that it is only possible to log in with 5 accounts per 24 hours, as can be read here: [...]

Regrettably, enterprising people often find ways to break these sorts of intended limitations, particularly when there's a motivation to do so. The whole reason all the calendar rewards switched to non-tradeable rewards some months ago was because of one such enterprising person boasting of their exploits (and then I believe getting banned for it, but that notwithstanding). This is indeed why we can't have nice things.
  • And it is known that the player council is nothing but salt. Most of these council members are strictly against *** meters. It is mainly consisting of players that act out of self interest.

Don't get me wrong, I understand Kamizuma's wishes to starve the community from gold, so he can reach his "1 billion gold by the end of 2017" by playing the broker across multiple servers and controlling the economy. So it would be naturally in his best interest that any attempts at putting gold into the game should be avoided. Nowadays Tera has even less natural gold than before, think of the removal of GhillieGlade gold.

However, 10K gold or 50K gold per person would most definitely NOT break a game's economy. People buying millions of EMP to control markets across servers does.
  • KossplossKossploss ✭✭✭
    community getting more gold benefits kami more since they'll have more $$$ to buy his stuff lul
  • More gold equals less need for swiping equals less people buying Emp to control markets
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    And it is known that the player council is nothing but salt. Most of these council members are strictly against *** meters. It is mainly consisting of players that act out of self interest.

Don't get me wrong, I understand Kamizuma's wishes to starve the community from gold, so he can reach his "1 billion gold by the end of 2017" by playing the broker across multiple servers and controlling the economy. So it would be naturally in his best interest that any attempts at putting gold into the game should be avoided. Nowadays Tera has even less natural gold than before, think of the removal of GhillieGlade gold.

However, 10K gold or 50K gold per person would most definitely NOT break a game's economy. People buying millions of EMP to control markets across servers does.

what? Read what you said again please. I hope you and many others realize that many of the things I say are actually always contrary to my own personal self-interests because I care more about the health of the overall game. I personally did want people to farm the hell out of diamonds because if a couple hundred million gold gets injected into the game guess which player most of that gold ends up flowing to??????? However, I know that such a thing would not be good for the game which is why I'm against it even though personally I want it.
  • edited April 2017
    More gold equals less need for swiping equals less people buying Emp to control markets

No, more newly-spawned gold creates more desire for cash shop items via that gold, (temporarily) creating more benefit to swiping. Players with lots of cash shop assets would end up way ahead by such a move. (Basically, if EME did give everyone diamonds, a substantial amount of that money would end up going to the people who leverage the markets, making the rich richer.)
  • Can we get it to atleast be changed to some feed or something? the 7 day item itsnt really gud nor fun...
    i had gottin plentiful of permas from last event. ;w;
  • SedennaSedenna ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Who the hell are you to change things in the game just because you are so desperate that ppl will get 10k?
    Just because a no life say to remove, the GM remove? WOW!
    Please put all VM gear at shop and remove ALL +15 scrolls from game! Who knows, maybe i get lucky to.
    What a no lifer!
    All Tera-shop mama little boys are desperate that ppl in game will get something without the mama credit card like them
    Oh, i forgot!
    PLEASE REMOVE THE OP DROPS FROM HH! only p2w players +15 go there and brake the market!
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    Sedenna wrote: »
    Who the [filtered] are you to change things in the game just because you are so desperate that ppl will get 10k?
    Just because a no life say to remove, the GM remove? WOW!
    Please put all VM gear at shop and remove ALL +15 scrolls from game! Who knows, maybe i get lucky to.
    What a no lifer!
    All Tera-shop mama little boys are desperate that ppl in game will get something without the mama credit card like them
    found the exploiter
  • SedennaSedenna ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    No worry, i only have 1 account i dont need 100. I make 800k gold just farming, you just have to know how to play and where to farm!
    I suggest to the GM to remove ALL calendar because he seems to obey what ppl command!
  • You guys just had to complain. Now what do we get? A 7 day back costume that dropped from Kyra's potion shack.
  • CandyMomokoCandyMomoko ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    The 10K gold would be really nice for players, especially to make up for the numberous diamonds that have been lost due to the removal of the jackpots in dungeons during the event.
    Also 10K would be a start to compensate for the lag that has been haunting us for months now.

@Spacecats I hope you do know that it is only possible to log in with 5 accounts per 24 hours, as can be read here:

http://support.enmasse.com/tera/user-authentication-failure

So, the people trying to create multiple accounts will only be able to claim the diamond 5 times, which is 50K. If the maximum damage is 50K, is this more than enough to remove the diamond and screw up every single other player (once again)? I hope that we won't be suffering this time as well.

Honestly I agree with this comment, but if you guys say there's people that find ways arround to skip the limit of accounts being logged in per day, then I think it could be a bad problem. None the less ... I feel the reward that the diamond got changed to is quite insulting.

Especially if we consider the following
    Spacecats wrote: »
    We are looking for something nice, but you're right that diamonds aren't the answer because people will abuse it. We're looking for other options at the moment.

A diamond IS somethig nice, it'll probably make everybody happy.
    A 7 day (sorry but.. ugly) cosmetic will make probably very few people, if anyone, happy. Especially since like someone mentioned above, this item was a common (and permanent too) item to be gotten through the potion shack not long ago. So there's enough of this item going around for a very cheap price. If you don't wanna compare it to the happiness a diamond would proportionate, you can compare it in value. The backpack is worthless. Even if it made someone happy, it'll go away after 7 days.

I know you guys have the best intentions, but you really need to get in touch to what the general players would like if you wanna do something nice.
    In a controversial case like this one, where the reward was pretty much already anounced, and people were excited to get A DIAMOND!! as a reward, you can see how most people would be dissapointed (and I mean general non rich players, non exploiters etc)

I would have considered an accesory that's permanent to replace the diamond, hopefully something that we haven't gotten from kyra or for free already. (a full body costume would be too much)
    Even if people can log in mutiple accounts, this would only devaluate the cost of the item, and if it gets devaluated people can't make as much or as easy money as exploiting diamond farming. (You would have to find someone to buy the cosmetic wich would be a low price per item, is not like you can sell it instantly to a merchant for 10k)

You can also find other stuff to give away, or you could always find a way to make that something you give away permanent but NON tradable. We have no problem, inflation or gold farm there. (The kind of item "cannot trade, no sell value, cannot be put in the guild bank, but can be stored in the bank")

I'm just trying to provide alternatives that will ease the anger people that wouldn't have gotten more than 1 diamond feel.

• allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow...a 7 day back pack...yayyy. could have at least made it permanent at least then it wouldn't be as crappy. I would rather have more circlet fragments. there is a way eme could give people a diamond in the calendar rewards without people exploiting it........only give it to players that have accounts more than 3 months old and have logged in to those regularly.
    if people have 10 accounts more than 3 months old and log into them regularly it wouldn't be that many. I for one don't know why eme had to let it slip that the diamonds would be given out in the calendar. they could have kept it a secret and just made it where it comes in with the fed bills after being logged in but only to those that have accounts 3 months old and up, and had logged in on said accounts and send it to them the next day in mail, but keep it a secret.
    like if you have 5 accounts that are 3 months old or more and you logged in on all of them on Thursday , then on Friday all of them gets a diamond. but if you only logged in on 1 account on Thursday, then only 1 gets a diamond on Friday in the mail. but keep it a secret that you are doing it. that would have cut down on people exploiting it.
    true people would have exploited it and worked their way around the 5 accounts which would have been easy for them to do ( I only have 2 accounts ), but they could have at least made a limit on it...1 diamond in the mail per account from your ip address and not let people know.
    I for one could have used a diamond, even if I only got it for 1 account.
  • GardienGardien ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Really... The diamond has been removed... And replenished by WHAT ? One Constume back 7 days ?! Ok, now, En Masse = Gameforge i see.

Shame on you. You always disappoint us every day, A player who complains, and it's the whole community suffers. You could have let this diamand in compensation for your incompetence during the event with RMNM and RMHM, Because like this, some players have defrauded, and it is the whole community that suffers ! GG

Sorry, i've respect of you, but, really, Shame on you.
    If the event of the 5 years is as bad as anything you have served us since the last Mongos, I leave on another game.
This discussion has been closed.