[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

BANHAMMER APPRECIATION

With all the negativity about the banwave and future banwaves to come for people using Third Party Software, I'd like to take a minute and thank EME for implementing this.

People cheat:
Without consequences, cheaters get brave in their ways and cheat more and more. With the recent banhammer announcement and a few bans, people have already started to uninstall their software. While I don't think this will become a permanent fix, this is a very solid move and deterrent for would be cheaters.

Cheater's mindset and excuses vs decent person's common sense.
The community is already small, so why would you ban your loyal community? /// Loyal enough to cheat on a free to play game? The community could do without you.
You're going to lose most of your income! /// If you use appearance mods, you probably don't put a lot of money into the game to start with.
I only use injector's because of ping or ping related skills! /// A lot of people deal with bad ping and don't use injectors. It sucks but we are all dealing with it.
DPS meter helps me to become a better player overall. /// Sure. Just have some manners and keep it to yourself and don't rub it in your party's face.
I'm a great player and big dps isn't possible without it. /// 1. Why do you need it then if you're so great. 2. Then you're apparently not so great.

Why do people really need to cheat? It is a F2P game. Why do you need to have an injector that does something for you to squeeze that extra bit of dps out of your rotation? Why do people need to have skills go off so quickly that it has no cooldown? It's a game guys. I hope all of you cheaters lost any money you may have put into this game.

Anyways, thanks again, EME.

Comments

• DPS meter helps me to become a better player overall. /// Sure. Just have some manners and keep it to yourself and don't rub it in your party's face.

It doesn't even matter if you rub it in or not now. As long as you use it and they detect it, you are banned.

• ObsObs ✭✭✭
    Because it feels SO much better to play having low ping than high ping. Especially in a game without high ping compensation mechanics and having some skills be completely useless with high ping. Rapid Fire is a large portion of Archer DPS. Burst Fire is Gunner's most damaging skill. Fire Avalanche is 20% of Ninja DPS and all of their burn and it desyncs with high ping. Some classes just die because they desync through the boss on skills like Charging Slash (best Blade Draw chain) or Headlong Rush (a great buff to next skill).

I would agree that things like broker spawning, auto-negotiation, infinite travel journals, auto-nostrum, etc. are cheating, but reducing desync and high ping compensation are things that should be goals for every single developer.
  • TeajTeaj ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Hmm nice asslicking.

I dont care what people do, doesnt change my gameplay at all.
    They ain't cheating tho, they are improving their gameplay. fine for me, as I said, idc what they doing. DOESNT HURT ME.

Thanks again for this re.tarded post :)
  • Appearance mods a target for ban hammer? ... asking for a friend. -.-

in all seriousness I get exploits and cheating being a reasonable endeavor for weeding out people harming the balanced competitive game and wrecking the rich economy.

But please leave cosmetic edits alone ^_^
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    LagunaZio wrote: »
    competitive game

What competitive game? PvP is dead (PvP for PvP's sake, not to farm PvE rewards). Crusades are gone. With meters gone, you just took away PvE competition.
  • Obs wrote: »
    competitive game

What competitive game? PvP is dead (PvP for PvP's sake, not to farm PvE rewards). Crusades are gone. With meters gone, you just took away PvE competition.

there was sarcasm in there... promise.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    Teaj wrote: »
    Hmm nice asslicking.

I dont care what people do, doesnt change my gameplay at all.
    They ain't cheating tho, they are improving their gameplay. fine for me, as I said, idc what they doing. DOESNT HURT ME.

Thanks again for this re.tarded post :)

Hmm, but you seem to be doing a form of [filtered]-licking yourself. If it doesn't matter or affect you, why comment at all? :anguished:
  • What a DPS meter could do that gives advantage over other players? I know You're saying that maybe can be allowed if you have manners. But I always want to know how much i need to improve or how useful I am for the party. So I don't care if someone rub in my face that. You're opinions like mine are irrelevant for EME, they gonna PERMBANNED anyone. Also let me be clear now I DON'T HAVE A DPS METER.

Why people need to cheat? That is something bad without doubt, but modifying or adding injectors to the game for better experience is for the comfort of the player if the responsible staff do nothing about it.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appearance mods a target for ban hammer? ... asking for a friend. -.-

in all seriousness I get exploits and cheating being a reasonable endeavor for weeding out people harming the balanced competitive game and wrecking the rich economy.

But please leave cosmetic edits alone ^_^

all third party aps. no exceptions is what he said , so I guess that includes cosmetic mods. im glad they are stepping up and doing this. so far cheaters have messed things up for us this month and in the past for try to get gold and materials.
  • Closing before they can see the flames from Highwatch.
This discussion has been closed.