[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Question regarding FoV

Like it says. I know Noesis said to uninstall all, the people I know of did so, however there goes my question about FoV (Field of Vision/View). Tera has this very low (60 only) personally I had this, but I did what noesis said I took it down, but as of right now. I would like to quit, unless eme hears my voice and voice of my friends who I speak alongside also. FoV does not affect anything. I know you want to have pure game, no modding. Let's be realistic. I'm a healer I main reaper but I also main priest. FoV in my case was only used so I could see my party and could have further view, which greatly increases my experience in game.

This small "tweak" is what makes me play. I purely cannot play with 60 which tera has as basic. Do not take me wrong that I'm speaking for all mods or dps meter, those threads already appeared and were ignored. I would like this to get into attention though.

Today I tried to solo heal RMNM with the usual FoV which tera has result was..... cancer..... nothing more....

EME please make this not bannable this is the only thing that many players use and by many I mean MASS of them. DPS meter be it, we could live without it, but fov which we have now, some may have been used to it, but it literally kills my eyes. I'm a long time playing player and this takes huge impact on eyes.

Honestly... I would like to keep on playing I really wish to but if the fov doesnt at least get doubled, I'm taking my wallet to EU, or some other game.
Thanks for the time for reading this.

Comments

• Like it says. I know Noesis said to uninstall all, the people I know of did so, however there goes my question about FoV (Field of Vision/View). Tera has this very low (60 only) personally I had this, but I did what noesis said I took it down, but as of right now. I would like to quit, unless eme hears my voice and voice of my friends who I speak alongside also. FoV does not affect anything. I know you want to have pure game, no modding. Let's be realistic. I'm a healer I main reaper but I also main priest. FoV in my case was only used so I could see my party and could have further view, which greatly increases my experience in game.

This small "tweak" is what makes me play. I purely cannot play with 60 which tera has as basic. Do not take me wrong that I'm speaking for all mods or dps meter, those threads already appeared and were ignored. I would like this to get into attention though.

Today I tried to solo heal RMNM with the usual FoV which tera has result was..... cancer..... nothing more....

EME please make this not bannable this is the only thing that many players use and by many I mean MASS of them. DPS meter be it, we could live without it, but fov which we have now, some may have been used to it, but it literally kills my eyes. I'm a long time playing player and this takes huge impact on eyes.

Honestly... I would like to keep on playing I really wish to but if the fov doesnt at least get doubled, I'm taking my wallet to EU, or some other game.
    Thanks for the time for reading this.

There's like 5 threads about this. EME doesn't care about ur opinion. You deserve a banana you dirty cheater!
  • Precisely...well said dirty cheaters are dirty. FOV is a blatant hack that enables an increase of the hackers stats by 1000% which they then use to cheat in BG. Excellent work enmasse for banning, let's take the ban further anyone who uses any OS other than Windows ME should be banned.
  • Ziomicio wrote: »
    A book titled: "How to ruin your company's hard earned reputation about customer care with just one post" XD

Seriously a complete and total lack of regard for feedback, first removing the downvotes from forums (anyone remembers the FIHM fiasco?) and now they post this stuff in completely closed topics which we can't even reply to and they go around closing topics which talk about it. It seems they're on lunchbreak at the moment but when they get back this topic will probably be closed for reasons unknown.

I'll save the GMs time and give u their robot-like answer: "By ToS any modifications to the client are bannable". But if you want my 2 cents if they get to banning people who change FoV they might as well shut down the game.

I do not want to get banned for increasing my view due to some stupid reason. Yeah midding is against ToS, but it HELPS your gameplay.

EME will you ban us all for trying to play your game? This isnt hack or whatever. Why not ban for recharging I think thats the most wise move....
  • Why do people think changing FOV is bannable offense?
    Its not even a cheat, hack, or exploit.
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    Why do people think changing FOV is bannable offense?

Because of recent events. This can get you banned now.
  • Why do people think changing FOV is bannable offense?

Why? Because I do not want my [filtered] banned, I will think it wont while it might and the next day I will find out Im banned, spend too much money and time on this game to let this happen for MERE FOV. Therefor I was official answer.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    That's one of the core issues the community has with the recent ban and changes- the QoL issues such as FOV changes are now bannable, and saying that all of us disagree with this is not a rash assumption
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    something wrong with your computer to have to be using fov
    [Removing Forum Violation]
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    Melyodis wrote: »
    something wrong with your computer to have to be using fov
    [Removing Forum Violation]

That's not true. The game needs optimization terribly.
  • @ShiroNoKitsune .. Bananas for you my friend BAN-anas... It says in the EULA that is a bannable offense.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    yeah it needs optimization but that's not our job if you can't play it as is then migrate to another game I don't need mods to play tera.
  • PoniloverPonilover ✭✭✭
    Melyodis wrote: »
    yeah it needs optimization but that's not our job if you can't play it as is then migrate to another game I don't need mods to play tera.

Best advice ever. Were you the chief adviser for EU Tera as well?
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dokibun wrote: »

Because of recent events. This can get you banned now.

Changing options in Tera modifies INI files, En Masse most likely will not look at these files to impose disciplinary actions on players... There's only one way to find out though!
  • Why? Because I do not want my [filtered] banned, I will think it wont while it might and the next day I will find out Im banned, spend too much money and time on this game to let this happen for MERE FOV. Therefor I was official answer.

How official an answer do u want? GMs already said that they going for cheat, hack, and exploit.
    Changing FOV is none of those. Its just a custom setting for your game rig.
    Like enable/disable DirectX, or extra values for smooth blur and fluffy particles or something.
    None of these logs back to the game server.

I think I know whats going on here.
    Some of u are fear-mongering. Cuz u guys actually DID IT, din'cha?
    *grab popcorn*
    :pleased: