i think this is unfair

i think hunting everyone that is using 3rd party program is unfair.
not all of them are used to"cheat".
some are simply used to even the playing field out. example" eu players using it to simple have the same skill reaction as NA players.
who do not want to cheat, but simply wish to enjoy the same low ping .
please can en masse make a clear distinction between cheating and using a proxy to give skills a lower ping.
thank you

Comments

  • wont do a thing, if you look at forum threads which do not have any importance right now get answered and ours which matter with valid points deleted / blocked / ignored
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    "please can en masse make a clear distinction between cheating and using a proxy to give skills a lower ping."

    no matter how robotic and useless their answers have been, this one has been replied already: proxies will not be banned unless if used explicitly for cheating. re-tracing the connection is not cheat.

    this entire forum has crashed and burned rather quickly, I guess the scaring post was a bit too scarry for the player base eh.
    On a serious note you guys at enmasse really shouldn't bother with hunting down anything that does not give an actual advantage over others. Fixing FPS is doing the job of the programmers for free, skinning Elins to make Korean like doesn't harm anyone but the player that may not be able to play without glitches, AFK bots and the likes are NOT comparable to S1.engine tweaks or blatant exploits to earn more gold.
  • 7WANMXD4HM7WANMXD4HM ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    yes i think en masse need to make a clear distinction between the different typed of 3rd party programs.
    "rules" are not written in stone as they are simply text which is agreed upon and can always be adjusted.
    and i think after the great support en masse has received lately in recent events, they will realize its a small group that is abusing these things and they should not punish the majority.
    @Noesis @Spacecats
  • ElinLove wrote: »
    "please can en masse make a clear distinction between cheating and using a proxy to give skills a lower ping."

    no matter how robotic and useless their answers have been, this one has been replied already: proxies will not be banned unless if used explicitly for cheating. re-tracing the connection is not cheat.

    this entire forum has crashed and burned rather quickly, I guess the scaring post was a bit too scarry for the player base eh.
    On a serious note you guys at enmasse really shouldn't bother with hunting down anything that does not give an actual advantage over others. Fixing FPS is doing the job of the programmers for free, skinning Elins to make Korean like doesn't harm anyone but the player that may not be able to play without glitches, AFK bots and the likes are NOT comparable to S1.engine tweaks or blatant exploits to earn more gold.

    ty
  • this is what their Friday twitch stream should be about, getting a player that actually knows about these thing,s and explaining what is and isnt banable
    lets be honest..not everything is a cheat...
    some things are mods which just even things out, do the devs work for them or are a slight adjustment to the gaming experience.
  • RolyRoly ✭✭
    more bans coming soon pre-order yours NOW

    pegi 18
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anarmoly wrote: »
    They won't answer you because they don't have an answer and aren't competent enough to come up with one. They like to cherry pick and cut corners like they always do, therefore Injectors and DPS meters violate ToS and are punished, but ToS violations like ini files and ui mods won't be hunted down because they can't. There is no consistency nor persistence.

    The answer is already out there and needs no further explanation.
    Noesis wrote:
    Any third party tool or modification of the TERA client is a violation of the TOS and will fall under this. There won't be any exceptions. If you are thinking, "but what about XXXXX? Is it ok?" the answer is: "No. It's not." and you should expect action to be taken.

    I'm just going to go ahead and drop this in here...

    What About Proxies?
    Services that promise to improve your ping and decrease lag may sound promising, but they are frequently used by hackers and criminals who want to remain anonymous. Although we do not block them by default, a proxy or server host will be blocked if it becomes a popular tool for criminal behavior.

    http://support.enmasse.com/tera/does-en-masse-ip-block-based-on-region
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    > @Roly said:
    > more bans coming soon pre-order yours NOW
    >
    > pegi 18

    I lolled because I heard it in his voice
  • Ginjitsu wrote: »
    Anarmoly wrote: »
    They won't answer you because they don't have an answer and aren't competent enough to come up with one. They like to cherry pick and cut corners like they always do, therefore Injectors and DPS meters violate ToS and are punished, but ToS violations like ini files and ui mods won't be hunted down because they can't. There is no consistency nor persistence.

    The answer is already out there and needs no further explanation.
    Noesis wrote:
    Any third party tool or modification of the TERA client is a violation of the TOS and will fall under this. There won't be any exceptions. If you are thinking, "but what about XXXXX? Is it ok?" the answer is: "No. It's not." and you should expect action to be taken.

    I'm just going to go ahead and drop this in here...

    What About Proxies?
    Services that promise to improve your ping and decrease lag may sound promising, but they are frequently used by hackers and criminals who want to remain anonymous. Although we do not block them by default, a proxy or server host will be blocked if it becomes a popular tool for criminal behavior.

    http://support.enmasse.com/tera/does-en-masse-ip-block-based-on-region

    This in itself is two contradicting statements, in the first quote you posted he says EVERYTHING is against the rules that is a 3rd party tool, in the second on there's a clarification that proxies are okay as long as they aren't known to be used for illegal things or cheating, so clearly the clarification still needs to be made about what can and can't be used.
  • RolyRoly ✭✭
    Haggard86 wrote: »
    > @Roly said:
    > more bans coming soon pre-order yours NOW
    >
    > pegi 18

    I lolled because I heard it in his voice

    pretty real hu? hahahahahahahaha [filtered] this dude....
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    KentaGrace wrote: »
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    Anarmoly wrote: »
    They won't answer you because they don't have an answer and aren't competent enough to come up with one. They like to cherry pick and cut corners like they always do, therefore Injectors and DPS meters violate ToS and are punished, but ToS violations like ini files and ui mods won't be hunted down because they can't. There is no consistency nor persistence.

    The answer is already out there and needs no further explanation.
    Noesis wrote:
    Any third party tool or modification of the TERA client is a violation of the TOS and will fall under this. There won't be any exceptions. If you are thinking, "but what about XXXXX? Is it ok?" the answer is: "No. It's not." and you should expect action to be taken.

    I'm just going to go ahead and drop this in here...

    What About Proxies?
    Services that promise to improve your ping and decrease lag may sound promising, but they are frequently used by hackers and criminals who want to remain anonymous. Although we do not block them by default, a proxy or server host will be blocked if it becomes a popular tool for criminal behavior.

    http://support.enmasse.com/tera/does-en-masse-ip-block-based-on-region

    This in itself is two contradicting statements, in the first quote you posted he says EVERYTHING is against the rules that is a 3rd party tool, in the second on there's a clarification that proxies are okay as long as they aren't known to be used for illegal things or cheating, so clearly the clarification still needs to be made about what can and can't be used.

    Try reading the announcement, it may clear up your confusion!
    Cheating and Third Party Tools in TERA - You Won't Believe What Happens Next!
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    KentaGrace wrote: »
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    Anarmoly wrote: »
    They won't answer you because they don't have an answer and aren't competent enough to come up with one. They like to cherry pick and cut corners like they always do, therefore Injectors and DPS meters violate ToS and are punished, but ToS violations like ini files and ui mods won't be hunted down because they can't. There is no consistency nor persistence.

    The answer is already out there and needs no further explanation.
    Noesis wrote:
    Any third party tool or modification of the TERA client is a violation of the TOS and will fall under this. There won't be any exceptions. If you are thinking, "but what about XXXXX? Is it ok?" the answer is: "No. It's not." and you should expect action to be taken.

    I'm just going to go ahead and drop this in here...

    What About Proxies?
    Services that promise to improve your ping and decrease lag may sound promising, but they are frequently used by hackers and criminals who want to remain anonymous. Although we do not block them by default, a proxy or server host will be blocked if it becomes a popular tool for criminal behavior.

    http://support.enmasse.com/tera/does-en-masse-ip-block-based-on-region

    This in itself is two contradicting statements, in the first quote you posted he says EVERYTHING is against the rules that is a 3rd party tool, in the second on there's a clarification that proxies are okay as long as they aren't known to be used for illegal things or cheating, so clearly the clarification still needs to be made about what can and can't be used.

    There is no contradiction... Try reading the announcement again, it may clear up your confusion!
    Cheating and Third Party Tools in TERA - You Won't Believe What Happens Next!
This discussion has been closed.