[PS4/XB1] We will be entering maintenance dowtime on 6/17 at 7pm PDT (2:00 UTC). For more information, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/2IoSgVW

Just my 2 cents on the 3rd party program issue.

2»

Comments

• GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    xEmptiness wrote: »
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    En Masse is only enforcing rules and agreements you agreed to when you created your account and play Tera. :expressionless:
    Rules exist to benefit the people. Following rules that don't benefit people is quite literally zealotry.
    Not following rules just because it doesn't benefit people is anarchy.
    Forcing everyone to follow rules that don't benefit the community is totalitarian.
    Rules that you agreed to follow... Does anyone think with their brain anymore? :expressionless:
    I thought it was common sense that people who use their brains sit down and have discussions rather than refuse to communicate. Nobody with a brain here would use blanket rules without at least trying to understand the context of the situation. Or maybe that's not the case where you live?

By your logic ANY rule can be disregarded if it doesn't benefit people. This whole fiasco happened because people did not follow the rules since it doesn't benefit them...
    No by my logic, anyone with a brain would have approached this issue by:
    1. Getting educated about what you're even trying to change.
    2. Ask for community input.
    3. Internal decision.
    4. Come up with a reasonable plan.
    5. Execution.
    6. Feedback.
    7. Evaluation.

EME skipped all 7 steps.

Dam, you don't have to follow rules you agreed to follow BUT now somehow En Masse has to follow unspoken rules that they did not agree to?! :lol:
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    En Masse is only enforcing rules and agreements you agreed to when you created your account and play Tera. :expressionless:
    Rules exist to benefit the people. Following rules that don't benefit people is quite literally zealotry.
    Forcing everyone to follow rules that don't benefit the community is totalitarian.
    Rules that you agreed to follow... Does anyone think with their brain anymore? :expressionless:
    I thought it was common sense that people who use their brains sit down and have discussions rather than refuse to communicate. Nobody with a brain here would use blanket rules without at least trying to understand the context of the situation. Or maybe that's not the case where you live?

By your logic ANY rule can be disregarded if it doesn't benefit people. This whole fiasco happened because people did not follow the rules since it doesn't benefit them...
    3. Internal decision.
    5. Execution.
    6. Feedback.
    7. Evaluation.

EME skipped all 7 steps.

You don't have to follow rules you agreed to follow BUT now somehow En Masse has to follow your rules that they did not agree to?! :lol:
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭

3. Internal decision.
    5. Execution.
    6. Feedback.
    7. Evaluation.

EME skipped all 7 steps.

You don't have to follow rules you agreed to follow BUT now somehow En Masse has to follow your rules that they did not agree to?! :lol:

That's not what he said.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    even if the third party apps improve the game for you or any other player it's not your job to optimize the game or make more playable for you by using these apps.
    they run this game where playing if you don't like the rules don't play, they don't need the community input the rules were there from the start.
  • Ginjitsu wrote: »
    By your logic ANY rule can be disregarded

That wasn't hard to figure out was it. Boundaries are for sheep, leaders are for followers, rules are for ruled.
    These are the essence of change.
  • Melyodis wrote: »
    even if the third party apps improve the game for you or any other player it's not your job to optimize the game or make more playable for you by using these apps.
    they run this game where playing if you don't like the rules don't play, they don't need the community input the rules were there from the start.

But if they refuse to improve the game and the state of it deteriorates to the point it is now it falls on the community to find a solution to be able to keep playing the game they love.
  • The problem I see coming is EME isn't going to learn anything at all from yolo banning people like this. They probably still have no method of detecting these kinds of programs. Now the people who know how these things work are gonna go into hiding and probably develop more carefully. EME could've asked the community for input on this. Player council was probably never even utilized and idk if it's ever been. The modders who could've helped EME make the game run better are not going to want to be seen near any of this in fear of being banned themselves. Inb4 underground mod cartel.

So now we have a massive PR shitstorm with no guarantee that this will stop any malicious activity in the future. Player-base is angry that EME would rather threaten to ban everyone than attempt to fix the game/servers. And instead of engaging the community in discussion they're just deleting threads on forums. Some of them deserve it but some don't. The problem is not what happens today but what happens in the coming weeks/months because of this.
  • Closing this thread because it discusses 3rd party programs. Again, we're not trying to shut down communication from our players but this topic is against the forum rules for good reason. In this thread after only two pages I see a lot of players attempting to justify and even encourage breaking the Terms of Service which is where a lot of these discussions lead. I can't allow these kinds of threads to continue when they actively promote the use of software that's causing havoc in the community.

There's a new post following Noesis' statement yesterday. I hope it helps give you guys some context on why the statement was made, the TERA crew's motivation, and what kinds of actions we're pursuing. https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/13823/cheating-and-third-party-tools-in-tera-you-wont-believe-what-happens-next
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭

3. Internal decision.
    5. Execution.
    6. Feedback.
    7. Evaluation.

EME skipped all 7 steps.

Dam, you don't have to follow rules you agreed to follow BUT now somehow En Masse has to follow unspoken rules that they did not agree to?! :lol:
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭

3. Internal decision.
    5. Execution.
    6. Feedback.
    7. Evaluation.

EME skipped all 7 steps.

• GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭

3. Internal decision.
    5. Execution.
    6. Feedback.
    7. Evaluation.

EME skipped all 7 steps.

You don't have to follow rules you agreed to follow BUT now somehow En Masse has to follow unspoken rules that they did not agree to?! :lol:
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭

3. Internal decision.
    5. Execution.
    6. Feedback.
    7. Evaluation.

EME skipped all 7 steps.

You don't have to follow rules you agreed to follow BUT now somehow En Masse has to follow unspoken rules that they did not agree to?! :lol:
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭

3. Internal decision.
    5. Execution.
    6. Feedback.
    7. Evaluation.

EME skipped all 7 steps.

You don't have to follow rules you agreed to follow...

BUT now somehow En Masse has to follow unspoken rules that they did not agree to?! :lol:
This discussion has been closed.