[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 12/10 at 8am PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

"Pre-planned" sale on maid costumes

2»

Comments

• JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    ElinLove wrote: »
    LilMsQTay wrote: »
    Cool, how is a 50% off sale from the 27th to may 2nd a bad thing?

Because hating eme and "everyone will get banned and hunt down in real life and killed" is the new meme.
    If you have seen the discussions you've seen it has gone from interesting points and arguments to plain elitists saying they have all the right to kick players out of parties for not reaching determined DPS, people defending the hacks and hackers and calling anyone who says they're not affected a white knight, and making things ridiculously out of proportion.

Cherry I think you got something wrong. DPS meter isn't used for kicking people mid-running. It's for checking your statics DPS and what you can improve. It has nothing to do with bullying or whatever you're thinking of. I can still blame [filtered] players when I see them, even without dps meter, inf act, you dont need one to see who is playing their class right and who isn't. DPS meter is about "Bringing it to full potential."

The S1Engine tweak which is bannable now is a thing I NEED! to play the game. I need a high FoV because otherwhise i cant see [filtered], I need the effect optimization because my laptop runs tera with 5 fps without it even on lower settiings but with it i reach ~approx 50fps which is WHAT I NEED TO PLAY. And the other outrageous thing is that I can't use my cosmetic mods anymore. They made the game pleasing to look at when it comes to UI and my characters looks. + Voice modding and so on.

Proxy isnt a bad thing because most people get from 300ms to what? 130 from it? Where is that bad? Besides, a ping thats around 10 is as bad as a 200 ping because it [filtered] everything up. Even though I can still see why EME might think that it's problematic, when it comes to speedhacks etc no one's even crying because they're giving you an unfair advantage compared to other players. But an australian / european person getting their game to work isn't unfair and where is my stable FPS and my comestic even a problem to others, it doesnt affect anyone. And thats the point.

It's about starting a new class and being able to see if your even remotely competent at playing it
  • How did this discussion go from...Maid outfits to about the DPS meter...
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    LilMsQTay wrote: »
    Cool, how is a 50% off sale from the 27th to may 2nd a bad thing?

Because hating eme and "everyone will get banned and hunt down in real life and killed" is the new meme.
    If you have seen the discussions you've seen it has gone from interesting points and arguments to plain elitists saying they have all the right to kick players out of parties for not reaching determined DPS, people defending the hacks and hackers and calling anyone who says they're not affected a white knight, and making things ridiculously out of proportion.

Cherry I think you got something wrong. DPS meter isn't used for kicking people mid-running. It's for checking your statics DPS and what you can improve. It has nothing to do with bullying or whatever you're thinking of. I can still blame [filtered] players when I see them, even without dps meter, inf act, you dont need one to see who is playing their class right and who isn't. DPS meter is about "Bringing it to full potential."

The S1Engine tweak which is bannable now is a thing I NEED! to play the game. I need a high FoV because otherwhise i cant see [filtered], I need the effect optimization because my laptop runs tera with 5 fps without it even on lower settiings but with it i reach ~approx 50fps which is WHAT I NEED TO PLAY. And the other outrageous thing is that I can't use my cosmetic mods anymore. They made the game pleasing to look at when it comes to UI and my characters looks. + Voice modding and so on.

Proxy isnt a bad thing because most people get from 300ms to what? 130 from it? Where is that bad? Besides, a ping thats around 10 is as bad as a 200 ping because it [filtered] everything up. Even though I can still see why EME might think that it's problematic, when it comes to speedhacks etc no one's even crying because they're giving you an unfair advantage compared to other players. But an australian / european person getting their game to work isn't unfair and where is my stable FPS and my comestic even a problem to others, it doesnt affect anyone. And thats the point.

People refuse to read. They totally refuse to. They ignore on purpose, it can't be anything else. It's like they see keywords and then jump on the "Let's defend my stuff NOW".

Where did I EVER said that DPS meter's goal is to kick people mid run and bullying people? What I said about was that people got so mad at defending their own beloved stuff like the meter, that they went trough the deal of really saying they have this right, of kicking people or bullying people with the meters. That's how far the topics derailed into hate. I'm to bet the same people who started it all up don't even mean what they say but get so heated up defending their stuff that they say completely stupid stuff. I'll not call out or keep linking the comment, as the thread itself has been deleted and I'm not into witch hunting anyway.

S1.Engine tweaks have always technically, by ToS, been bannable. They're only re-stating this to control the hack and exploit issue, to discourage the ones who were about to do it, even tho they're likely not bothering with it at all. Same with the Elin de-censor and so goes. They'll always say it's bannable. It's their job to enforce ToS, but it's same as a police man that sees you with a ton of MP3s on your player: they'll not bother you to know if they're legal or pirate, they'll just pretend to not have seen. Same goes for those cosmetics, that's my bet. Not to mention that.... I never mentioned anything about them as well, this came as a complete offtopic here.

Never have I EVERRRR said anything that proxy is bad. Read my other posts. I go out of my way to say they never mentioned it as bannable.

This whole deal is the reason why Enmasse is ignoring the forums for now. When the outrage lowers down, they'll come with a proper answer for stuff, unless they really derailed in service so badly. For now, locking down pure flaming and hate threads without wasting their time on another "Locking this thread due to blablabla" comment is the normal.

I really wouldn't bother as well with a ton of hate filled replies during such a storm. I would wait for it to calm down and people have their sane minds to read instead of jumping with pitchforks for the kill when you say "hi".
  • VyolVyol ✭✭✭
    You can't see "certain DPS" without "DPS METER" and you were talking a bout the anti-eme-circlejerk. so that's a normal conclusion Honey.
    I have no intention to read your other posts i just read that one, replied to it and gave it my own opinion. I didn't mean to attack you and I'm sorry if you felt that way.
This discussion has been closed.