Community Response, the Importance of Proper Community Management

2456789

Comments

  • JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    The whole point spacecats is that this is a mechanical failure. THe very reason people are up in arms is because of the latency, connection, state of server and network performance when playing the game. If one player takes 10 seconds to cast rapid fire, and someone else on 10 ping can get it off in half a second thats a huge *mechanical* of the game.

    And in terms of DPS meters, what prevents EME from creating their own *approved* tool?

    150 ping vs 50 ping (not even extreme)
  • I understand that you as publishers are coming from a good place to try and protect players and the game, but everything isn't as black and white as you claim it to be. Lets call it for what it is, the game is poorly optimized without going into much detail as you have requested there are certain harmless edits that make the game PLAYABLE by giving it stable FPS. It does not give an individual an advantage over another person it doesn't make you a cheater or a hacker. At least that's my opinion, we obviously know your standing on this issue. Acknowledge these are some things you as a publisher can work on, PUSH BHS to optimize the game. This isn't something new, this is something we've been saying as a community since beta. If BHS/EME made an effort to acknowledge and actually fix things maybe we don't have to take it upon ourselves to fix the game. By all means go ahead and ban people who are using it to do MALICIOUS things. But listen to other people and why they use it and if you aren't comfortable with the idea, why don't you take it on yourselves to fill that gap and give the community what it wants. It does not require effort again everything is out there in the internet. Show us initiative.
  • Pentos wrote: »
    What I am angry about with EME is them deleting threads that were discussing and questioning their methods. This is our Forum is it not? Isn't this the place where we discuss our concerns as a community.

    This is the official place where players are encouraged to have constructive discussions about the game so long as they adhere to the rules & guidelines. It's the same as most official forums out there. It's here for your benefit and enjoyment but unfortunately, no, they don't belong to you. Like TERA it's a service that you agree to use responsibly. I know that's super dry and formal sounding but that's the situation.
  • Random4lyf wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    I'd really like to keep this thread open so we can talk about communication between EME and players, so I'd like to ask everyone to please avoid mentioning 3rd party programs, what they do, how to use them, where to get them, who makes them.... really anything that has to do with them. If you have questions please message me directly.

    Question. How can we discuss this issue, when the issue you've just exactly prohibited discussion of.

    Several contradictory statements and inconsistencies with Enmasse recently and over the last year need to be sorted out.

    I'm losing faith and are a number of other players.

    Because the topic of this thread is communication between En Masse and TERA players, not 3rd party programs.
  • JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    I also stand by the fact that policing hte servers like nazi's isnt the way to go. If you want to have a healthy community you let everyone spam the forums and talk about w.e they want to get your attention .. you do NOT delete their posts. And talking about mods aps etc is part of that healthy relationship and WHY on earth would you delete these things .. if you want to keep a close eye on the communities black network wouldn't you want to see what's going on and investigate accounts discussing hacks? IMO it's part of EME's job to be searching out and testing said exploits to protect the brand. Deleting posts does nothing but [filtered] people off.

    The ONLY reasons to delete posts should be for direct attacks, and exploits-how-to and those people should be dealt with individually. Locking and deleting threads is so infuriating .. I cannot even explain.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    I'd like to hear from your perspective what you would do if you were a TERA community manager and very vocal players wanted to break the rules, but you couldn't allow them to do it. They would think you're totally out of touch with the community, of course. It's a tough message to deliver to people.


    I would like to use this as an opportunity to voice my opinion about everything that has gone down today and to give you some feedback as someone who's getting his master's in both psychology and communication. First of all whatever attitude you bring out, you receive in return. I can give you a long [filtered] theoretical response about that but that's not what we're here for (in case you are interested, check out Timothy Leary). You defend yourself, people start attacking even more. You start hiding, people start bashing the community even harder. No matter how you look at it, this is a vicious cycle that will only get worse and worse.

    I will not talk about the third party programs that are being used but I will say, why not cooperate with the developers of these things. Pay them 100$ to open up and help you integrate them into the actual game. Instead you gave the people who actually do have the power to do malicious things, the devs, the middle finger as a whole. If you were to ask me what happened, it's the fact that people lost sight of what's important. Both the players and the staff alike. I know for a fact that if you guys want to progress as a company and want to help Tera from getting to it's all-time low that you guys have to do something about it.

    Yes, you will get a lot of flak for making a statement like you guys did. Is it justified? Yes and no. Whereas I can't go into detail due to you guys deleting every post that has anything to do with the third party programs, as long as you guys do that we will never come to a solution. Instead take a moment to listen to the community and take it with a grain of salt, but listen. A listening ear goes a long way.

    Literally all I can say is, talk to the devs. Talk to the people you have banned thus far and ask them what happened, what kind of software they published, what their goals were and how you guys can work side by side to make sure nothing malicious happens. Because from what I know, all they did was try and help the community help a game that got important with a lot of short comings.

    If you have any questions, my dear Spacecats. Hit me up with any kind of questions, because clearly you need someone to talk to about everything that happened yesterday and today.
  • GrievuuzGrievuuz ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Random4lyf wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    I'd really like to keep this thread open so we can talk about communication between EME and players, so I'd like to ask everyone to please avoid mentioning 3rd party programs, what they do, how to use them, where to get them, who makes them.... really anything that has to do with them. If you have questions please message me directly.

    Question. How can we discuss this issue, when the issue you've just exactly prohibited discussion of.

    Several contradictory statements and inconsistencies with Enmasse recently and over the last year need to be sorted out.

    I'm losing faith and are a number of other players.

    Because the topic of this thread is communication between En Masse and TERA players, not 3rd party programs.

    How about this then; We as the community feel that not being able to talk about these things openly is causing a cleft between the players and EME.

    If you want to stomp your foot and tell us no, we won't like it. So how about a compromise?
  • edited April 2017
    Since march of 2015 when I joined this version of tera i seen nothing but BHS pissing in our faces with EME running damage control by telling us it is raining. Fact that community managers like Tonka parted ways with this company was warning sign. Things that occurred are effect of work done by people who should be playing Tetris instead of managing MMO.

    EME lashed out against people who invested their TIME and EFFORT to make this game playable. This is turning point for this game.

    Moderator edit - Deleted personal attacks.
  • my only dissagreement here is about the connection latency not being prioritized since its an ongoing issue over the years, Spacecats you said in one thread, "it takes time to find and fix the issue within the game" the connection latency has been an issue for many years, I think you guys had plenty of time to try and find the issue, so my suggestion is why don't you @Spacecats go into an HH raid like a supervisor, as an observer, to see whats the issue that players have with the latency? then you can tell us about it? to actually see that at times its not on our end, its the servers end and discuss if there is a solution for it.
  • >not using 4th party programs in 2017

    I'm LMAO'ing @ your life.

    3rd party programs are the past!
  • So some players are asking to openly discuss 3rd party programs in the official TERA forums, and unfortunately that's not an option. I know that seems unreasonably stubborn to a lot of you, but there are legalities involved that aren't doing to be discussed.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Pentos wrote: »
    What I am angry about with EME is them deleting threads that were discussing and questioning their methods. This is our Forum is it not? Isn't this the place where we discuss our concerns as a community.

    This is the official place where players are encouraged to have constructive discussions about the game so long as they adhere to the rules & guidelines. It's the same as most official forums out there. It's here for your benefit and enjoyment but unfortunately, no, they don't belong to you. Like TERA it's a service that you agree to use responsibly. I know that's super dry and formal sounding but that's the situation.

    So where do you recommend we address our concerns with EME if not at the official forums????
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Machineoil wrote: »
    Since march of 2015 when I joined this version of tera i seen nothing but BHS pissing in our faces with EME running damage control by telling us it is raining. [...]

    hot, 10/10 on xVideos Watersports tag
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Random4lyf wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    I'd really like to keep this thread open so we can talk about communication between EME and players, so I'd like to ask everyone to please avoid mentioning 3rd party programs, what they do, how to use them, where to get them, who makes them.... really anything that has to do with them. If you have questions please message me directly.

    Question. How can we discuss this issue, when the issue you've just exactly prohibited discussion of.

    Several contradictory statements and inconsistencies with Enmasse recently and over the last year need to be sorted out.

    I'm losing faith and are a number of other players.

    Because the topic of this thread is communication between En Masse and TERA players, not 3rd party programs.

    Okay!

    Problem is. The communication has really sucked. I'm one of the moderators of the Subreddit for Pete's sake previous CM's and what have we, communicated with us. It's like you've just left us alone when we're also a facet of your community. Lack of communication between you and people in the PC is also abysmal. Things communicated between them and us are also lacking again.

    As I have heard the Rewards Emporium would be removed if abused again. An obstinately, the reaction to the images of it in the first place can be explained if listening to the cannot be named because forum violation.

    Like. I honestly believe if you reached out and worked with the people you banned already. Things could have been a ton better.

    You accidentally also said stuff you, in my opinion. Shouldn't have talked about. With the example on latency. Which unfortunately still really sucks, because my ping to my Australian ISP is only about 10-11 ms from my PC > Router > First Node hit. No offence, but it'd be nice to avoid those situations if you actually had Network OPs replying to stuff like that.

This discussion has been closed.