[PC] Naslow's Treasure Map Items have been temporarily disabled while we resolve an issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Ingame DPS meeter ?

Ok... so i rarely post anything in forums but this time i feel like we(as a comunity) can help Enmasse overcome the " 3rd party program " problem...
I recently tried other more recent mmorpg that has DPS meeter as an ingame function that you can turn On/Off...
In my personal case i dont think this is a big deal(not having DPSmeeter)... as im not that competitive but i can understand why ppl like it and want it (after i tried it on Revelation is nice to see the real contribution of a DPS vs another)
What enmasse is doing is verry good! They encourage players to play by the rules that they agreed to. The only objective real problem in the comunity is that they are not allowed to use DPS meeters ,which are not safe anyway.

In my opinion what enmasse should do is to suggest (or even pressure) Bluehole to develop an ingame DPS meeter that wil give them free hand to easily ban anyone who is using "3rd party tools". This solution will also stop the comunity discussion on this topic (considering players wont harass players for having low dps- this is already another rule).
I want to hear your opinion on this...
PLZ dont talk about "3rd party tools" anymore , and keep the disscusions focused and friendly. Thx!
PS: excuse me if this kind of post is already present in the forum... i couldnt notice any.

Comments

• RolyRoly ✭✭
    your post will be delete in 3, 2, 1 WHY?!!!!!!!! CUZZZZZZZZZZZ

There has been a follow-up statement in the "Cheating and Third Party Tools in TERA - You Won't Believe What Happens Next!" thread in General Discussion. While posting about 3rd party programs is still against the forum rules and we ask that you adhere to that, we hope this helps address some of the questions we've been seeing in the community.

Thanks
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    the deal about kicking out harassing players is a thing for whatever the action, so low DPS or witch hunting because their character is ugly is the same. In this aspect the DPS meter does no difference, it's just one more tool, like a kitchen knife, that can be used to make food and stay alive, or kill...

As far as I've seen they really have no interest in making a DPS meter in-game, by some focus on casual gameplay or whatever it is. From the previous topics I've read, it seems even BHS has no interest in this, which gives us somewhat low hopes.

I would honestly like to have a DPS meter as well, so I could know when I'm doing stuff right or when I could be doing better, so I'm in favor of this. Not even to compare against others (which I would like to, suck or not), but at least to know if my rotations are optimal, if I'm hitting it fast or not... and so goes. Optimizing builds and what not... The meter sure has it's good use, too bad it seems it's low on interest by the devs.

also ye I feel like it has been posted somewhere already.
  • DPS meter itself weren't that bad idea.
    [filtered] which came after that was very bad.
    Create dps meter to improve yourself->create big db to make "competetive " rankings->go full [filtered] with p2w gear to get bigger score->add more features to meter to even have higher score->mod game to remove some limits to get muuuch more dps only to make your e-peeeen grooooooow.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dhrizzit wrote: »
    would be a great idea if they do something for us as they did in ace dungeons and bathysmal rise dungeon

a counter

a counter strike

if we have a counter strike in tera, can you imagine it? yes i know you can imagine it

just each time you enter in a dungeon you can choose TIME BONUS, COMBO BONUS, NO HIT BOSS BONUS

and done, that could be our XXXXX and force the people to slaying the dungeons and play better, reward? better drop, and could be too "special points and special new shop "

as ace dungeon

I see you mean it somehow as a group ace dungeon? Like, we all enter the "time trial" dungeon as a team and all get rewarded for their contribution and the likes, or the "no hits dungeon" run, and people get rewarded individually on a hit taken basis, sounds actually really cool! Objectives, I like that.
  • edited April 2017
    Ultimately it's a Bluehole decision to make. I'm sure we've passed the request along in the past because it's a topic that comes up fairly often in the NA community, but it's time we checked in with the development team again to see if there are other ways players can keep track of their damage output beyond comparing character stats.
  • jrtsevenjrtseven ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Ultimately it's a Bluehole decision to make. I'm sure we've passed the request along in the past because it's a topic that comes up fairly often in the NA community, but it's time we checked in with the development team again to see if there are other ways players can keep track of their damage output beyond comparing character stats.

What about passing the request to bring back leaderboards?
  • jrtseven wrote: »

That's not really on topic here, but yes it has been requested. There are a number of things we regularly keep up on in hopes that it will be implemented or improved by the development team.
  • jongbaejongbae ✭✭✭
    jrtseven wrote: »

We all know leaderboards were sort of a joke, just saying. That doesn't help you personally since it was pretty much party comp result.
  • Spacecats wrote: »

That's not really on topic here, but yes it has been requested. There are a number of things we regularly keep up on in hopes that it will be implemented or improved by the development team.
    Hopes+BHS=disappointment
    We want BHS to do something with FPS for like 5 years already.
    What we get ?
    Build-in ini tweaks which we used long b4 ?
    Is BHS really only about milking as much as they can ?
    Its shame that i cannot keep 30fps on 1y old ? i5 6300HQ
  • jrtsevenjrtseven ✭✭✭

Thats awesome to hear. I hope you guys keep pushing for crusades and/or leaderboards.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    jongbae wrote: »

We all know leaderboards were sort of a joke, just saying. That doesn't help you personally since it was pretty much party comp result.

-cough-Kuuchan Candy carrier in Kumasylum-cough-

Now really, yeah. Mostly it's more of a hard team work than just personal. Specially considering KDA in CS which was ridiculous to say the least. You can only carry so far, and if you try hard but the team is not up to par.... well... bye bye win ratio. And ye some people are really lucky with raids, I jumped around 20th to out of the rank on CS ranks during their day, simply cause... team does it.

We know it, we understand it. There's only so far Enmasse does, and we also know Enmasse is one of the publishers - if not the publisher - that works the closest to BHS from all, because it's literally a parent company.

I may tho just "meddle" with the issue and say that... Enmasse should have a bit of a stronger voicing here. I'm to bet that the NA population is significant for the game's income and player base size (USA alone has a higher population than South Korea, + all the Brazilians and the likes that play on NA TERA), and should be taken into consideration a bit more than just passing the message and cross fingers that the devs will agree or will they just show the middle finger and do what they please.

Many/most of the complains people do are a small vocal minority, agreed. But some issues are just glaring and we've never seen more than hopes, stuff like the PvP being dead and so on, reverting nonsensical changes like the lockdown of Lv 65 BGs from lower levels (specially Kumas Royale, a game balanced by brute design, gets level capped? Sorry but Lv 65s aren't more experienced on that. I may say low level ones are even better cause they do it more often). I'm not saying that we're not whiny beatches but, many of the requests are valid and have stayed unanswered for a long time.
  • @Spacecats It's been stated previously that bluehole studios doesn't like the idea of a dps meter.

But how about we take the solo Ace dungeons and have a dps ranking, add some additional ace dungeons with different bams so that the mechanics are widely varied. Ranking players by class on dps would allow players to see where they are at on a class basis and players especially in the NA community would strive to improve their dps ranking and try their best to be in that top 10 slot.

Vault had a time leaderboard and I know people strived to be the top 10 in that, just do the same and instead of time have it be dps. It's simple, no 3rd party software needed.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Noobsloth wrote: »
    @Spacecats It's been stated previously that bluehole studios doesn't like the idea of a dps meter.
    They don't because they assume it has to be a group oriented meter. There could just be detailed personal meters. Personal meters only show your dps and further details when clicked on. It allows you to see your damage, and you can seek advice with it from others if you shared the skill breakdown. For competitive players there could be leader boards for clear speeds for all instances along side a personal dps meter.

This is would essentially be a compromise.
  • Noobsloth wrote: »
    @Spacecats It's been stated previously that bluehole studios doesn't like the idea of a dps meter.

That may be, but it wouldn't stop up from forwarding player requests to the developers. Part of what we're here for as the publisher is making sure the development team is aware of player requests.
  • The problem I've seen in many games that have a dps meter is that what may be meant to be a useful tool for players turns into a tool of exclusion, doing more harm to the majority of players who may not meet the "needed numbers" to participate by those that consider themselves elite.