[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Community Response, the Importance of Proper Community Management

Comments

• All i'm going to say is that you guys started a war that you will not win as you will most likely ban 80% of the whole tera player base and have no one remaining as the rest will just quit and move to another game that isn't a joke like so. Or is this a plan to get people off a tera and other kritira or however its spelled, you are trying to kill a whole game with one bold statement as this will go down in history for not just you but everyone.
    So good luck :)

This isn't really on topic for the conversation, but I want to say that we would never ban 80% of the TERA playerbase. In fact only a handful of malicious users have actually been banned so far. The rumors that hundreds and hundreds of players will be banned without warning are actually misleading.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aimovera wrote: »
    AGY7M6KD9M wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Random4lyf wrote: »
    Like. I honestly believe if you reached out and worked with the people you banned already. Things could have been a ton better.

Unfortunately EME did try to reach out to some of the people developing 3rd party programs in an effort to communicate with them, but the answer was no.

@Spacecats https://puu.sh/vyhpK.png

Lying will not help get the community on your side.

1Z02vuppxP1Pa.gif

Nice attitude, no wonder Meishu got banned :lol:
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    DMRT9T4DLY wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Why people are mad towards this? Communication was let me say something here.

Check my forums, I was making suggestions, I was instead of writing go play the game and replies similar to that. When I was criticizing Tera, I was getting the replies why you here, in forums and in game, oh look crying forumer is here. Recently I defended EME on some points I am being called, attacked in game and forums.

How exactly you wanna communicate with this community? How exactly you wanna be constructive here?

People call me noob in similar words and not doing hard mode stuff, then why are you so against this? Those programs/injectors just ruined the line between a player like me that can't run dungeons with players that can do it.

So, EME has a purpose here, If you can't run those end game stuff the way it was planned, then you shouldn't be running it. This is good news for pro players, bad news for players that can't run heck without those stuff.

People say it needs to be slow process, so they could find other ways? I agree like any system innocents might get hurt here, and I agree it could be handled better but I also take EME's side here, why? Because I know I couldn't do any better, Hirez studio is mentioned here, That developer doesn't give a rat @ss to community, was an active player there.

Those innocents, can PM GMs, make tickets, this is not a public discussion, it needs to be done personally, communicate should happen like that. Then EME knows what was the intention, they can process it better with more open eyes, posting meme and countless thread was never solution, just troll act.

So At the end, a good thing happening that can make pro players stand tall and some people are against it? What does that tell you?

How do you know if you're a good player without any sort of comparison? It doesn't make pro players stand tall lmao. They're the ones who get hurt the most by the changes. Any good players with [filtered] ping is gonna get fked. Any good player who wants to try out new rolls or builds is fked. Since you're a noob you wouldn't understand. It makes absolutely no difference to you how bad you are. But good players are striving to do better and DPS meter is essential for that. If EME did something about their fking [filtered] servers, maybe players would complain less.

But they're doing literally NOTHING. Events are still [filtered]. Spacecats [filtered]'d up the drop rate from the past weekend event. Servers still laggy as [filtered]. TERA rewards exploit is still there (they took it down a whole week for NOTHING). RMHM glitch at Lachelith still there. And now they're banning players who could be helping the game. I'm not denying that some players deserve the bans like Bern. Monetizing these 3rd party scripts is definitely a big violation. But other players like Meishu had no ill intentions and would've been able to help this game progress.

Did all people really used DPS meter to value their own dps? not to kick ppl? Also if you can understand your dps w/o dps meter, then dear you are worse than me. Also have you run with me? Do you know me? If you would have kept the dps meter to yourself, we would have known?

Toxic replies, toxic behaviors just proves, the Banhammer is needed.
  • TWMagimay wrote: »
    I just have one question:
    Our commitment to making TERA an awesome experience for our players includes ridding the game of malicious 3rd party programs like the packet injector, and that’s what we’re working to do.

Does that commitment also include improving Tera's performance in terms of fps and ping-dependent skills? Or do you consider 10 fps and 150+ ping to be part of this "awesome experience"?

FPS is a game optimization issue that we've put forward to Bluehole, so they have heard the NA playerbase desire for better in-game FPS. The lag spikes are something our operations crew has been investigating for the last couple weeks, and has proven to be really tricky to track down and eliminate. Some players are lagging quite often, some have connections that are fine but suddenly spike, and some never experience lag. It's been an ongoing topic in the forums but unfortunately I don't have any solutions to share on that front right now. 3rd party programs aren't an acceptation solution to lag, and a lot of 3rd party programs do much more than deal with high ping.
  • TeajTeaj ✭✭
    @Spacecats Any proofs you contacted the devs? Cause they are all saying they do not have taken contact with you at all... The lies are real?
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    AGY7M6KD9M wrote: »
    Like. I honestly believe if you reached out and worked with the people you banned already. Things could have been a ton better.

Unfortunately EME did try to reach out to some of the people developing 3rd party programs in an effort to communicate with them, but the answer was no.

How does that mean he's lying? He tried to communicate, they said no.

Do you also not understand the implications of the "it'll get me banned sooner than later"? They knew they did something they'd get banned for.
  • xoBarb wrote: »
    BronzeTube wrote: »
    xoBarb wrote: »

I'd like to hear from your perspective what you would do if you were a TERA community manager and very vocal players wanted to break the rules, but you couldn't allow them to do it. They would think you're totally out of touch with the community, of course. It's a tough message to deliver to people.

Ban them all :')

believe it or not, desync can and does do this kind of stuff, and has since long before any of the current EME employees even started working there.

It's a long standing issue that virtually nothing has been done about.

But hey lets blame the hacker boogeyman for more unresolved and unaddressed issues that this game has had for years!

the guy in the video was open about using the injector since hes from AUS and has 200+ ping.

but ooooooooookay :') digging up a 4year old video sure showed me and totally nullified the 'fresh' video

You do realize there were no injectors for this game 4 years ago? So yes, that video is legit proof that desync has been a major issue for players forever. Especially those that decide to play from over seas. But even with lower ping you would constantly get desync and have plenty of issues in PvP and such.
  • Wolf315 wrote: »
    All i'm going to say is that you guys started a war that you will not win as you will most likely ban 80% of the whole tera player base and have no one remaining as the rest will just quit and move to another game that isn't a joke like so. Or is this a plan to get people off a tera and other kritira or however its spelled, you are trying to kill a whole game with one bold statement as this will go down in history for not just you but everyone.

This isn't really on topic for the conversation, but I want to say that we would never ban 80% of the TERA playerbase. In fact only a handful of malicious users have actually been banned so far. The rumors that hundreds and hundreds of players will be banned without warning are actually misleading.

Still waiting for that explanation on that socalled dev you contacted

@Spacecats we are waiting for your explanation on this statement, please tell the truth don't sink yourself in the hole than you already are.....
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    NeroZaph wrote: »
    Wolf315 wrote: »
    All i'm going to say is that you guys started a war that you will not win as you will most likely ban 80% of the whole tera player base and have no one remaining as the rest will just quit and move to another game that isn't a joke like so. Or is this a plan to get people off a tera and other kritira or however its spelled, you are trying to kill a whole game with one bold statement as this will go down in history for not just you but everyone.

@Spacecats we are waiting for your explanation on this statement, please tell the truth don't sink yourself in the hole than you already are.....
    Meishuu already made a comment about it.

vyhpK.png
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Jesari wrote: »
    BronzeTube wrote: »

I'd like to hear from your perspective what you would do if you were a TERA community manager and very vocal players wanted to break the rules, but you couldn't allow them to do it. They would think you're totally out of touch with the community, of course. It's a tough message to deliver to people.

Ban them all :')

believe it or not, desync can and does do this kind of stuff, and has since long before any of the current EME employees even started working there.

It's a long standing issue that virtually nothing has been done about.

But hey lets blame the hacker boogeyman for more unresolved and unaddressed issues that this game has had for years!

the guy in the video was open about using the injector since hes from AUS and has 200+ ping.

but ooooooooookay :') digging up a 4year old video sure showed me and totally nullified the 'fresh' video

You do realize there were no injectors for this game 4 years ago? So yes, that video is legit proof that desync has been a major issue for players forever. Especially those that decide to play from over seas. But even with lower ping you would constantly get desync and have plenty of issues in PvP and such.

You do realize the quote I was responding to he made it out as if the guy in the video(I linked) was desyncing and it wasnt a side effect from injecting. Wasn't even remotely saying desyncing isn't an issue but both videos are entirely different; ones a 4year old video of someone desyncing and ones a fresh month+ old video of someone injecting in pvp.
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    EME worry about more hacking/exploiting going happen after this time someone use 3rd party program to exploit the event and end up Tera reward gotta shut down for days.
    Players worry about optimize which a known issue for years.
    You guys are not exactly in the same page.

Tera optimize only can done by BHS side, EME cant really do much about it, all they can just voice it, fix it or not is up to BHS.

Why it not allowed even its harmless 3rd party program? cause there someone could make it harmful? cause 3rd party program not allowed to begin with?

Don't point the finger to EME while this time what make them take the action are those who exploit the game.
  • jongbaejongbae ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    StarSprite wrote: »
    NeroZaph wrote: »
    Wolf315 wrote: »

Meishuu already made a comment about it.

vyhpK.png

This isn't exactly what means "getting in contact with them" it says someone told her Spacecats wanted to talk to her but it never happened... J U S T . S A Y I N G
  • AGY7M6KD9M wrote: »

Do you also not understand the implications of the "it'll get me banned sooner than later"? They knew they did something they'd get banned for.

He maybe not be lying but having a third party approach with no proof of who they are supposed to represent doesn't help spacecats case either. If you have some literal who approach you asking you to meet a representative for some corporation or such and you know nothing about this person or any possible connection, why would you trust what they say? How would you know it wasn't just a ruse?
  • AGY7M6KD9M wrote: »

False, they said that "some rando" said that Spacecats wanted to talk to them, not Spacecats themselves.
  • JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    I just have one question:
    Our commitment to making TERA an awesome experience for our players includes ridding the game of malicious 3rd party programs like the packet injector, and that’s what we’re working to do.

Does that commitment also include improving Tera's performance in terms of fps and ping-dependent skills? Or do you consider 10 fps and 150+ ping to be part of this "awesome experience"?

FPS is a game optimization issue that we've put forward to Bluehole, so they have heard the NA playerbase desire for better in-game FPS. The lag spikes are something our operations crew has been investigating for the last couple weeks, and has proven to be really tricky to track down and eliminate. Some players are lagging quite often, some have connections that are fine but suddenly spike, and some never experience lag. It's been an ongoing topic in the forums but unfortunately I don't have any solutions to share on that front right now. 3rd party programs aren't an acceptation solution to lag, and a lot of 3rd party programs do much more than deal with high ping.

This isnt a couple players. 4 raids in HH and all 4 lag at the exact same time .. that's 120 players from all around the world having the same impact. That means the problem is in EME's network. Again like clock work the server stalls when elite bonuses go out. And anytime you have events like 3x or Civil unrest it was the same with alliance and nexus 5 years ago .. so this isnt a "NEW" issue.

@KarmaTheAlligator It makes nodifference, they had someone not EME reach out on discord and they responded sarcastically. It's not an admonition of guilt or anything other than talking on discord to a random person.
This discussion has been closed.