[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Community Response, the Importance of Proper Community Management

Comments

• KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesari wrote: »
    AGY7M6KD9M wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Random4lyf wrote: »
    Like. I honestly believe if you reached out and worked with the people you banned already. Things could have been a ton better.

Unfortunately EME did try to reach out to some of the people developing 3rd party programs in an effort to communicate with them, but the answer was no.

@Spacecats https://puu.sh/vyhpK.png

Lying will not help get the community on your side.

How does that mean he's lying? He tried to communicate, they said no.

Do you also not understand the implications of the "it'll get me banned sooner than later"? They knew they did something they'd get banned for.

He maybe not be lying but having a third party approach with no proof of who they are supposed to represent doesn't help spacecats case either. If you have some literal who approach you asking you to meet a representative for some corporation or such and you know nothing about this person or any possible connection, why would you trust what they say? How would you know it wasn't just a ruse?

A ruse for what?
  • what I meant is we want to hear scapecats response from Meishu's answer
  • Idi0ticGeniusIdi0ticGenius ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like. I honestly believe if you reached out and worked with the people you banned already. Things could have been a ton better.

Unfortunately EME did try to reach out to some of the people developing 3rd party programs in an effort to communicate with them, but the answer was no.

Do you also not understand the implications of the "it'll get me banned sooner than later"? They knew they did something they'd get banned for.

False, they said that "some rando" said that Spacecats wanted to talk to them, not Spacecats themselves.

so if some random approached you saying "Hi spacecat sent me here to ask you for 10k gold" will you really give 10k gold?
  • jongbaejongbae ✭✭✭
    Jenieve wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    I just have one question:
    Our commitment to making TERA an awesome experience for our players includes ridding the game of malicious 3rd party programs like the packet injector, and that’s what we’re working to do.

Does that commitment also include improving Tera's performance in terms of fps and ping-dependent skills? Or do you consider 10 fps and 150+ ping to be part of this "awesome experience"?

FPS is a game optimization issue that we've put forward to Bluehole, so they have heard the NA playerbase desire for better in-game FPS. The lag spikes are something our operations crew has been investigating for the last couple weeks, and has proven to be really tricky to track down and eliminate. Some players are lagging quite often, some have connections that are fine but suddenly spike, and some never experience lag. It's been an ongoing topic in the forums but unfortunately I don't have any solutions to share on that front right now. 3rd party programs aren't an acceptation solution to lag, and a lot of 3rd party programs do much more than deal with high ping.

This isnt a couple players. 4 raids in HH and all 4 lag at the exact same time .. that's 120 players from all around the world having the same impact. That means the problem is in EME's network. Again like clock work the server stalls when elite bonuses go out. And anytime you have events like 3x or Civil unrest it was the same with alliance and nexus 5 years ago .. so this isnt a "NEW" issue.

I played during Nexus time and it did lag but not like this frequently. You need to compare, yes lag has been happening for years but not as frequent that it makes technically impossible to play.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭

False, they said that "some rando" said that Spacecats wanted to talk to them, not Spacecats themselves.

so if some random approached you saying "Hi spacecat sent me here to ask you for 10k gold" will you really give 10k gold?

I'm guessing that's meant for me rather than that other one, so I'll answer: no, because he's a GM and he can get any material thing in the game at any time. Wanting to talk is different.
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats takes the time to communicate with everyone in this thread, and the community just takes this opportunity to attack him :angry:
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Our commitment to making TERA an awesome experience for our players includes ridding the game of malicious 3rd party programs like the packet injector, and that’s what we’re working to do.

Does that commitment also include improving Tera's performance in terms of fps and ping-dependent skills? Or do you consider 10 fps and 150+ ping to be part of this "awesome experience"?

FPS is a game optimization issue that we've put forward to Bluehole, so they have heard the NA playerbase desire for better in-game FPS. The lag spikes are something our operations crew has been investigating for the last couple weeks, and has proven to be really tricky to track down and eliminate. Some players are lagging quite often, some have connections that are fine but suddenly spike, and some never experience lag. It's been an ongoing topic in the forums but unfortunately I don't have any solutions to share on that front right now. 3rd party programs aren't an acceptation solution to lag, and a lot of 3rd party programs do much more than deal with high ping.

and will we ever have any news or solution anytime this year? or is the information still unknown for you?
  • AGY7M6KD9M wrote: »

This would kind of confirm that we tried to reach out and were denied, wouldn't it? It wasn't me who reached out, so saying "Spacecats would like to talk to you" is kind of weird. In any case I'm not lying, we did attempt to reach out weeks ago and there was nothing.
  • Ginjitsu wrote: »
    Spacecats takes the time to communicate with everyone in this thread, and the community just takes this opportunity to attack him :angry:

Unfortunately, such a large portion of the online community seems to want nothing more than endless memes and random bullshitting. Hopefully Spacecats' skin is tough and we can actually achieve something with this thread.
  • Spacecats wrote: »

This would kind of confirm that we tried to reach out and were denied, wouldn't it? It wasn't me who reached out, so saying "Spacecats would like to talk to you" is kind of weird. In any case I'm not lying, we did attempt to reach out weeks ago and there was nothing.

But why go through an intermediary? why not contact them directly? As CM/GM do you not have the ability to send mail to whatever account is listed on their Enmasse account? Would that have not been a better way to contact them then someone asking them out of the blue, one time?
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeroZaph wrote: »

and will we ever have any news or solution anytime this year? or is the information still unknown for you?

Bluehole is the one with the magic 8 ball, all En Masse can do is ask.
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭

yo the president wants to talk to you he told me to ask you trust me its legit
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭

No. All it confirms is that some unknown person claiming to be working for you tried to reach out. And it sounds like there was no proof of identity provided. If that's how you reached out, well, really...your method is closer to the Nigerian scam than to an actual business meeting.
This discussion has been closed.