[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/26 at 8am PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Community Response, the Importance of Proper Community Management

Comments

• Ginjitsu wrote: »
    NeroZaph wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    I just have one question:
    Our commitment to making TERA an awesome experience for our players includes ridding the game of malicious 3rd party programs like the packet injector, and that’s what we’re working to do.

Does that commitment also include improving Tera's performance in terms of fps and ping-dependent skills? Or do you consider 10 fps and 150+ ping to be part of this "awesome experience"?

FPS is a game optimization issue that we've put forward to Bluehole, so they have heard the NA playerbase desire for better in-game FPS. The lag spikes are something our operations crew has been investigating for the last couple weeks, and has proven to be really tricky to track down and eliminate. Some players are lagging quite often, some have connections that are fine but suddenly spike, and some never experience lag. It's been an ongoing topic in the forums but unfortunately I don't have any solutions to share on that front right now. 3rd party programs aren't an acceptation solution to lag, and a lot of 3rd party programs do much more than deal with high ping.

and will we ever have any news or solution anytime this year? or is the information still unknown for you?

Bluehole is the one with the magic 8 ball, all En Masse can do is ask.

yes I know BHS does all the coding, but EME are the ones giving the newsfeed and stuff, so thats why I asked.
  • TeajTeaj ✭✭
    AGY7M6KD9M wrote: »
    Random4lyf wrote: »
    Like. I honestly believe if you reached out and worked with the people you banned already. Things could have been a ton better.

Unfortunately EME did try to reach out to some of the people developing 3rd party programs in an effort to communicate with them, but the answer was no.

@Spacecats https://puu.sh/vyhpK.png

Lying will not help get the community on your side.

This would kind of confirm that we tried to reach out and were denied, wouldn't it? It wasn't me who reached out, so saying "Spacecats would like to talk to you" is kind of weird. In any case I'm not lying, we did attempt to reach out weeks ago and there was nothing.

No. All it confirms is that some unknown person claiming to be working for you tried to reach out. And it sounds like there was no proof of identity provided. If that's how you reached out, well, really...your method is closer to the Nigerian scam than to an actual business meeting.

LMFAO. Made my day.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    xoBarb wrote: »

I'd like to hear from your perspective what you would do if you were a TERA community manager and very vocal players wanted to break the rules, but you couldn't allow them to do it. They would think you're totally out of touch with the community, of course. It's a tough message to deliver to people.

Ban them all :')

And PvPers trow the fault to EME and BHS about PvP being death. Just look at how the "players" the ones to discorauge the PvP in-game with that.

And you can see that in "PvE End-Game Dungeons" and in Battlegrounds.

The sad thing is that those ppl will be the last to get banned.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    Like. I honestly believe if you reached out and worked with the people you banned already. Things could have been a ton better.

Unfortunately EME did try to reach out to some of the people developing 3rd party programs in an effort to communicate with them, but the answer was no.

This would kind of confirm that we tried to reach out and were denied, wouldn't it? It wasn't me who reached out, so saying "Spacecats would like to talk to you" is kind of weird. In any case I'm not lying, we did attempt to reach out weeks ago and there was nothing.

No. All it confirms is that some unknown person claiming to be working for you tried to reach out. And it sounds like there was no proof of identity provided. If that's how you reached out, well, really...your method is closer to the Nigerian scam than to an actual business meeting.
    That's called a proxy by definition, btw
  • GrievuuzGrievuuz ✭✭✭
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    Spacecats takes the time to communicate with everyone in this thread, and the community just takes this opportunity to attack him :angry:

I tried to calmly and rationally discuss a compromise for the "no discussing 3rd party apps because we said so" and was told "No." (in this very thread.)

Imagine someone walking into a room of people upset with you, then flipping them the bird.

Exactly. :expressionless:
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Spacecats takes the time to communicate with everyone in this thread, and the community just takes this opportunity to attack him :angry:

*hands cookie for whiteknighting and a tissue for that smudge on your nose*

And what is stoping you to reach out to them... right this moment? If you werent *lucky* before

@CarnalCherry145
    Thanks but I'm not interested in salty cookies, I've provided plenty of feedback on lack of communication from En Masse and have been warned for it. This is prime time for Tera community to express their concerns, not to attack whoever they think is the enemy.

• So @Spacecats i am asking again what about the engine.ini performance tweaks are they safe they only improve tera's performance which is on the bad side ? Thanks
  • canikizucanikizu ✭✭✭
    @

That's called a proxy by definition, btw

Spacecats used 3rd party....
  • Grievuuz wrote: »

I tried to calmly and rationally discuss a compromise for the "no discussing 3rd party apps because we said so" and was told "No." (in this very thread.)

Imagine someone walking into a room of people upset with you, then flipping them the bird.

Exactly. :expressionless:

And I am still waiting for a response on my response to his challenge of what I would do in his shoes, whether it's possible or the limitations etc.
  • Teaj wrote: »

LMFAO. Made my day.

I'm saying that's not really how the conversation went, and I'd really like to avoid callouts on the forums, but it does indicate that someone reached out from En Masse. Noesis made it a point to try and discuss potential issues with 3rd party developers. Those developers said they didn't want to talk and were sure they'd get banned (which kind of indicates that they knew they were doing something bad). In any case the result was that they didn't help with the issue, continued developing 3rd party software (like I said this was weeks ago), and were subsequently banned for it.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just have one question:
    Our commitment to making TERA an awesome experience for our players includes ridding the game of malicious 3rd party programs like the packet injector, and that’s what we’re working to do.

Does that commitment also include improving Tera's performance in terms of fps and ping-dependent skills? Or do you consider 10 fps and 150+ ping to be part of this "awesome experience"?

FPS is a game optimization issue that we've put forward to Bluehole, so they have heard the NA playerbase desire for better in-game FPS. The lag spikes are something our operations crew has been investigating for the last couple weeks, and has proven to be really tricky to track down and eliminate. Some players are lagging quite often, some have connections that are fine but suddenly spike, and some never experience lag. It's been an ongoing topic in the forums but unfortunately I don't have any solutions to share on that front right now. 3rd party programs aren't an acceptation solution to lag, and a lot of 3rd party programs do much more than deal with high ping.

and will we ever have any news or solution anytime this year? or is the information still unknown for you?

Bluehole is the one with the magic 8 ball, all En Masse can do is ask.

yes I know BHS does all the coding, but EME are the ones giving the newsfeed and stuff, so thats why I asked.

This is what I meant by magic 8 ball. :wink:
  • Spacecats wrote: »

I'm saying that's not really how the conversation went, and I'd really like to avoid callouts on the forums, but it does indicate that someone reached out from En Masse. Noesis made it a point to try and discuss potential issues with 3rd party developers. Those developers said they didn't want to talk and were sure they'd get banned (which kind of indicates that they knew they were doing something bad). In any case the result was that they didn't help with the issue, continued developing 3rd party software (like I said this was weeks ago), and were subsequently banned for it.

Not wanting to talk over fear of getting banned is not necessarily an indication that someone is doing something inherently bad.
    Have you thought maybe it's more so your aggressive tyrannical behviour that makes people not want to talk? It's happening even now with the forums; things aren't blowing up more than they could be because there are people who are afraid to say ANYTHING to you guys.

You say you tried to talk and instead of creating an environment where a possible compromise or collaboration could have happened, you dropped it. You let it fester, and then you come out the woodwork and ban those people anyway thereby feeding into the fears they and others already had.

• @Spacecats Please push for better optimization, starting with ping dependent skills. The third party programs wouldn't be as rampant if these issues had been addressed. It's been years since people have been crying about it.
  • @Spacecats Keep doing your awesome work, don't hesitate on ban those who are breaking the rules, they DON'T represent most the player base NEITHER the ones which more EMP buy so [filtered] them, just ban them and that's it.

We will have a LITTLE bit less players BUT at least the huge majority will be happier knowing that they are not in disadvantage cause of those using ILEGAL software to have advantage.

To every one using this kind of SH*T let me tell you: HAHAHA get reckt kid! Get good or go home!
    If i'm able to play with 150MS ping and defeat kiddos with 30MS ping without any sh*t 455 program to do so, then everyone else does as well and if you CAN'T it's because you suck so learn to live with it!

I will be reporting every sh*tter that looks suspicious in game, so watch out kids, the rect train is coming!
    Teaj wrote: »

LMFAO. Made my day.

• ShinkouryuuShinkouryuu ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    @Spacecats Keep doing your awesome work, don't hesitate on ban those who are breaking the rules, they DON'T represent most the player base NEITHER the ones which more EMP buy so [filtered] them, just ban them and that's it.

We will have a LITTLE bit less players BUT at least the huge majority will be happier knowing that they are not in disadvantage cause of those using ILEGAL software to have advantage.

To every one using this kind of SH*T let me tell you:

Moderator edit: Please don't flame people, and try to respect your fellow TERA players.
This discussion has been closed.