Ingame DPS meeter ?

Comments

• It's kinda hard to carry dps's who contribute 100-250k dps
  • VyolVyol ✭✭✭
    As said. They'll get bullied without the DPS meter as well. That thing doesn't have to do with anything.
    ANYWAYS this thread will die in 3 2 1
  • If people are getting bullied there is a problem far more important than the presence or lack of a dps meter going on.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Rionat said:
    > It's kinda hard to carry dps's who contribute 100-250k dps

Excluding them, blacklist them and flame them won't help either.

Yes is har to carry but most of those players don't know what are they doing wrong. I have pointing those players about their gear rolls, accesories rolls and the diference on stats needed on PvE and PvP. I am surr prety much those who use metters to harrass new players or unskilled players don't bother to give a piece of advise to them.

The problem is not the meter itself but how many players have been using it to exclude others from runs that don't need that much of dps anyway.
  • Of course the problem is how the players decide to use the information provided by the meter, not the dps meter itself. That is why the likely use of that information and the potential ramifications it will have on players in general have to be considered so that a thoughtful decision can be made as to whether to include one or not.
  • CatoriiCatorii ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have a developer/publisher-sanctioned meter that can't be used for malicious purposes. A lot of people only used the meter for personal improvement - it's a huge help in that respect, being able to see skill breakdowns and how you're comparing to others of the same gear and class. Even if, as Yamazuki said, it didn't show other people's DPS and skill breakdowns but only your own, it would be a huge help in seeking help for rotations and such.
  • Catorii wrote: »
    It would be nice to have a developer/publisher-sanctioned meter that can't be used for malicious purposes. A lot of people only used the meter for personal improvement - it's a huge help in that respect, being able to see skill breakdowns and how you're comparing to others of the same gear and class. Even if, as Yamazuki said, it didn't show other people's DPS and skill breakdowns but only your own, it would be a huge help in seeking help for rotations and such.

Agreed.
  • VyolVyol ✭✭✭
    Just shows how far behind TERA is. Almost every other game I know that's younger than 5 years has a DPS meter tbh, a built-in one. Dunno why this game can't get it's [filtered] together. And why EME refuses to cooperate with the 3rd party program developers since they seem to know more about the engine and the game than EME does LOL
  • KnightFalz wrote: »
    If people are getting bullied there is a problem far more important than the presence or lack of a dps meter going on.

It is a symptom of a larger problem of bullying, that's true. A lot of players feel that knowing another person's DPS gives them a tool to use against that player, whether they're doing well in a group or not. A toxic player will find ways to bully or be rude, regardless of the tools at hand. Still, insulting someone else's DPS is a pretty good way to start an argument. If there was an in-game way to measure damage output, the safer thing to do would be to make it personal, so you could only see your own damage for the sake of self-improvement.
  • Hey spacecats why is there still ping tax in this game and why is the optimization still so horrible that you cannot play without lag unless you have an overkill pc
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Do you really need a meter to tell you or what other doing?

Every patch is form BHS, so unless BHS willing to deal with the 3rd party program dev else... every patch going have fun with some coding issue = =
  • Hey spacecats why is there still ping tax in this game and why is the optimization still so horrible that you cannot play without lag unless you have an overkill pc

NASA PC does not run well Tera UNLESS your home is server-side
  • Let's be honest here ,the only purpose valid of any DPS meter in any game is to be a toxic feature meant to harass others discourage people and exclude them from parties I don't see any other real valid point to such feature, even if it is only displayed to yourself the results could be negative even for you and drive you away from playing a class or even the game itself I really don't see any scenario where a feature like this can do any good ,some may say to seek personal improvement i just don't buy it if you are so interested in your own dps and your will is good just check system chat grab a pen and paper and do the math
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    KnightFalz wrote: »
    If people are getting bullied there is a problem far more important than the presence or lack of a dps meter going on.

It is a symptom of a larger problem of bullying, that's true. A lot of players feel that knowing another person's DPS gives them a tool to use against that player, whether they're doing well in a group or not. A toxic player will find ways to bully or be rude, regardless of the tools at hand. Still, insulting someone else's DPS is a pretty good way to start an argument. If there was an in-game way to measure damage output, the safer thing to do would be to make it personal, so you could only see your own damage for the sake of self-improvement.

Yeah, that could work. Pretty much that would be all you folks could do at your end to try to provide useful information to the player while trying to avoid a negative impact on players overall.

I'm still a bit leery it could cause some issues, but I tend to be a bit pessimistic.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    KnightFalz wrote: »

Without the meter, a lot of theorycrafted guides wouldn't even exist and the game's players will end up worse than before. A lot of guides to need meter to accurately and quickly determine crit chances at certain crit factors, determine %damage of each skill to determine the value of crit or power, etc. Those can even be done using personal DPS meters, but without having access to other players' damage, some players (when playing with the same class, of course), can't see what they're doing wrong.

And having such a ne that some toxic players will outdo the good that meters can do.
    MaelSlayer wrote: »
    Let's be honest here ,the only purpose valid of any DPS meter in any game is to be a toxic feature meant to harass others discourage people and exclude them from parties I don't see any other real valid point to such feature, even if it is only displayed to yourself the results could be negative even for you and drive you away from playing a class or even the game itself I really don't see any scenario where a feature like this can do any good ,some may say to seek personal improvement i just don't buy it if you are so interested in your own dps and your will is good just check system chat grab a pen and paper and do the math

Where do you think people who write the class guides get their data from?