[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 2/18 at 6pm PST, and have an expected downtime of 1 hour. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Question regarding FoV

124»

Comments

• Can we stop the semi-argueing on this thread please and actually wait for a co-hearent answer if there will be one
    I dont want to see this thread closed because of a 'third party complaint' and a 'mod' Complaint.

We all want this answered No matter who you are. So please lets just wait this out and see if we get the answer we all deserve.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    You players need to chill a bit, jumping to conclusions not helping any of us. Sit tight and see what will happen.

EME is not doing this against community, they are doing this for the community. So Don't worry too much, don't draw too much attention to yourself.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    bananas for all cheaters
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melyodis wrote: »
    Melyodis wrote: »
    it's not third party but its modification to the client can't you read and understand.

How about you stop spreading rumours?

And what rumor is that may I ask?

That the ini tweaks are part of the "ban every modification" lines.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    You players need to chill a bit, jumping to conclusions not helping any of us. Sit tight and see what will happen.

EME is not doing this against community, they are doing this for the community. So Don't worry too much, don't draw too much attention to yourself.

*Stop it before you get labeled as a stupid white knight!!

Now back on topic:

Guys stop this exaggeration. It's getting annoying and you're all just spreading FUD and shill around. The only thing they did was remind you all of the ToS that you agreed upon installing the game and making an account, and banned a few of the big heads on the 3rd party development.

it's bloody obvious they'll say you can't mod the game files, it's their job, it's the job of any car maker to say you can't mess with the injection system and install a turbo on it, but guess what tuners do? How many tuners get busted because they're messing with their car?

Yes I know it's different when you have a product on your own compared to using a service you read and agreed it's contract, but the comparison still stands. No one will hunt you down because of these modifications for your own QoL.

Eme WILL NOT HUNT YOU DOWN for making your FPS good, they may ban or at least warn you for spreading around tips on changing the S1.Engine files on official forums and game tho, that's the normal, that's how it goes. They'll not ban 80% of the player base like some craps are saying around, it's like the guys that say this kind of thing don't have brains to come up with those numbers. Eme is not witch hunting those small tweaks or proxy users, they just have to say they will because that's how ANY company goes, they'll ALWAYS tell you that you'll get screwed for violating their contracts.

Just read that update on the 3rd party programs post from Spacecats. it's clear his tone: they'll actively hunt down players who hack, in their words, use 3rd party software in malicious ways, and they are just reminding you that no, it's not allowed in ToS to mod the game. But it's more clear than anything for me, that they're focusing ON HACKERS and DDoSers not those small mods. They'll always say it's illegal, same deal as any police officer saying it's illegal to download those free music you listen to daily. Don't come trying to convince me you don't have a single pirated music on your PC/phone/whatever I'm not gonna buy it, but how many got busted for it? That's right.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    @ElinLove I am labeled more than that in game and here with couple of pms lol it is fine, those players that matter are polite and constructive, we care for them, not those toxic ones.

Added: On discord I heard, some players even went further and said unbelievable stuff about me, when I was criticizing EME, they were bashing me, now bashing me for defending EME.

Sigh, I don't consider everyone complaining toxic but that is my point, toxic players, misbehaving, that is why I ask others to chill and wait, because you might caught up among those players. I am also yelling for honest players but few people get it.

In my years of Tera, I tried to be nice toward other players, I am a but t time to time, not a saint but I was never toxic, and I don't get why this hate and all that should be said on discord and around.
  • edited April 2017
    That is why what you know.. were more toxic than people could have ever imagined, I see now lotta people struggleing in hard modes, cause they got used to .well you know what ... I'll share a firsthand experience my first suceees in RMHN
    It was a while ago we all were rookies and we wiped like 6 times we died over a hundred times over and over again till we trully mastered all her moves and mechs and the run took more than 2 hours, we didn't watch any video we knew nothing about third boss wich is the big deal if you a re familiar with RMNM the first 2 bosses won't give much or any trouble, well when finally completed the run we were so proud and happy, we were tired and mad for our own mistakes and sometimes due to unrelated issues such as server lagg(those should be fixed) but no one left no one blamed each other we just didn't give up and learn with every death or wipe till we killed the b .. boss , so what i see today is that peoples needs to master the dungeons again , so don't give up if you are lucky and some expert behemoth can give a hand perfect if you have trouble finding party get a healthy party of rookies willing to take the challenge till the end, it can be done and the reward the victory will be really awesome and glorius
    and you'll improve a lot to face any dungeons since the hardest modes require the best of you to win, the pc distance view IMO is more than enough we arent playing lemings or age of empires here just get used to it and forget how it was before but maybe if you were right I'd look into it and request to modify and give more pc view distance as i'll expalin below. my long post is about requests.

What i would ask to EME would be this :
    In any game of any sort when you choose a hardest mode you can expect things such as , less resources , could be less ammo less healing items, more enemies,and more hp to bosses, more damage taken less damage done to bosses and more speed added to bosses and several things making the challenge that, more challengin and harder.
    In our case tera often boosts and buffs the the bosses more hp we take more damage , new mechs added and increased speed for them,
    And here we go the Speed is where i find a real annoying problem, tera bosses can have more hp more damage more mechanics all is fine but never more speed cause while the things i mentioned can be countered, speed can not due to things we all know like server issues delay desync lagg spikes micro freezing sudden fps drop due bosses skills performance , IMO bosses shouldn't have more speed cause this isn't ps4 or xbox and if we are to sucesss we shouldnt depend on things we can't control and counter, what I don't know is is if EME can do such tweaks or has to come from ktera patches and if that were the case instead of asking weird things to ktera id request that , tweaked patches from them to adapt the game at our current NA version or permission to do the tweaks needed according to our enviroment maybe that view oincreased as post requests maybe not but i'd study if it is necessary or not at least.
    The reason is simple our servers arent the same as theirs and therefore the experience will not be the same, I think it's not a good idea to mistake difficulty with unpredicatble servers behaviour .And yes right now is what we got but that is no reason to try to improve what we got and do the necessary procedures that we exepect you to do as fair decent players that we are.
    I won't defend or justify what happened here lately cause is not tolerable to break the TOS, no excuse, i always hated cheaters and i'll always will specially cause i invest real money here for my gears or cosmetics or whatever i want but i'll point out someobvious truth
    Things like this were caused in big part the increase of the use of you know what to equalize and counter our problems wich are also your Problems EME
    I never used anything but i felt myself the frustration of dying when it wasn't my fault at all and I really think we should look into that , cause i insit we should enter in dungeons expecting a fair challenge
    I don't wanna see any player missbehaving ingame but also i wouldn't like to face a lottery of unpredictable events where our gear and own skill and money amd time spent may be worthless, I'd go in that direction to get the place as healthy and fair as possible to us all.

And that thread Noesis did was very good and positive dont keep things in the shadows talk to us more often make announcements like that inform us keep us posted. We always want to know things ,comunication is everything,

And now to conclude my speech imma buy a nice pack of 100 bucks of EMP right now after this post cause im cool like that, during almost a year here though i always buy packs of EMP ive been subscribed to elite since the vey start but 2 months ago i decided to cancel the subscription because the actual elite is not good enough.
    I wanna request 2 separated types of elite , the one we have that can be bought with our own EMP or via gold and also a special elite for people ''subscribed'' that will pay real money monthly with a special royal mount included of course and maybe cool cosmetics that don't interfere with the other sells you may provide like if we were renting the mount cosmetics weapon skin whataver but if im to renew elite subscription and pay 14 bucks a month i expect some cool item that actually helps me ingame yeah lions are cute but it is not what i expect it's useless so please think about it cause i know you agree on that, 15 EMP daily still nah subscribers should have something else
    Now imma get those juicy EMP , we are all important here but please give us a lil credit and listen to the economical supporters we are glad to pay to help tera so EME be good t with us too. Thank you very much in advance and Paporis are the best of course .Cheers
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    MaelSlayer wrote: »
    That is why what you know.. were more toxic than people could have ever imagined, I see now lotta people struggleing in hard modes, cause they got used to .well you know what ... I'll share a firsthand experience my first suceees in RMHN
    It was a while ago we all were rookies and we wiped like 6 times we died over a hundred times over and over again till we trully mastered all her moves and mechs and the run took more than 2 hours, we didn't watch any video we knew nothing about third boss wich is the big deal if you a re familiar with RMNM the first 2 bosses won't give much or any trouble, well when finally completed the run we were so proud and happy, we were tired and mad for our own mistakes and sometimes due to unrelated issues such as server lagg(those should be fixed) but no one left no one blamed each other we just didn't give up and learn with every death or wipe till we killed the b .. boss , so what i see today is that peoples needs to master the dungeons again , so don't give up if you are lucky and some expert behemoth can give a hand perfect if you have trouble finding party get a healthy party of rookies willing to take the challenge till the end, it can be done and the reward the victory will be really awesome and glorius
    and you'll improve a lot to face any dungeons since the hardest modes require the best of you to win, the pc distance view IMO is more than enough we arent playing lemings or age of empires here just get used to it and forget how it was before but maybe if you were right I'd look into it and request to modify and give more pc view distance as i'll expalin below. my long post is about requests.

What i would ask to EME would be this :
    In any game of any sort when you choose a hardest mode you can expect things such as , less resources , could be less ammo less healing items, more enemies,and more hp to bosses, more damage taken less damage done to bosses and more speed added to bosses and several things making the challenge that, more challengin and harder.
    In our case tera often boosts and buffs the the bosses more hp we take more damage , new mechs added and increased speed for them,
    And here we go the Speed is where i find a real annoying problem, tera bosses can have more hp more damage more mechanics all is fine but never more speed cause while the things i mentioned can be countered, speed can not due to things we all know like server issues delay desync lagg spikes micro freezing sudden fps drop due bosses skills performance , IMO bosses shouldn't have more speed cause this isn't ps4 or xbox and if we are to sucesss we shouldnt depend on things we can't control and counter, what I don't know is is if EME can do such tweaks or has to come from ktera patches and if that were the case instead of asking weird things to ktera id request that , tweaked patches from them to adapt the game at our current NA version or permission to do the tweaks needed according to our enviroment maybe that view oincreased as post requests maybe not but i'd study if it is necessary or not at least.
    The reason is simple our servers arent the same as theirs and therefore the experience will not be the same, I think it's not a good idea to mistake difficulty with unpredicatble servers behaviour .And yes right now is what we got but that is no reason to try to improve what we got and do the necessary procedures that we exepect you to do as fair decent players that we are.
    I won't defend or justify what happened here lately cause is not tolerable to break the TOS, no excuse, i always hated cheaters and i'll always will specially cause i invest real money here for my gears or cosmetics or whatever i want but i'll point out someobvious truth
    Things like this were caused in big part the increase of the use of you know what to equalize and counter our problems wich are also your Problems EME
    I never used anything but i felt myself the frustration of dying when it wasn't my fault at all and I really think we should look into that , cause i insit we should enter in dungeons expecting a fair challenge
    I don't wanna see any player missbehaving ingame but also i wouldn't like to face a lottery of unpredictable events where our gear and own skill and money amd time spent may be worthless, I'd go in that direction to get the place as healthy and fair as possible to us all.

And that thread Noesis did was very good and positive dont keep things in the shadows talk to us more often make announcements like that inform us keep us posted. We always want to know things ,comunication is everything,

And now to conclude my speech imma buy a nice pack of 100 bucks of EMP right now after this post cause im cool like that, during almost a year here though i always buy packs of EMP ive been subscribed to elite since the vey start but 2 months ago i decided to cancel the subscription because the actual elite is not good enough.
    I wanna request 2 separated types of elite , the one we have that can be bought with our own EMP or via gold and also a special elite for people ''subscribed'' that will pay real money monthly with a special royal mount included of course and maybe cool cosmetics that don't interfere with the other sells you may provide like if we were renting the mount cosmetics weapon skin whataver but if im to renew elite subscription and pay 14 bucks a month i expect some cool item that actually helps me ingame yeah lions are cute but it is not what i expect it's useless so please think about it cause i know you agree on that, 15 EMP daily still nah subscribers should have something else
    Now imma get those juicy EMP , we are all important here but please give us a lil credit and listen to the economical supporters we are glad to pay to help tera so EME be good t with us too. Thank you very much in advance and Paporis are the best of course .Cheers

I have to disagree with you on boss speed. If it just hits harder and does slightly more mechs it just doesn't feel like a hard mode at all. Right now every single normal mode is so slow that most half-experienced players with 400ms ping can dodge everything. You could see everything coming really. Even if there is server lag whatsoever (When KTERA devs design hardmodes they increase to a speed which is still doable for players in higher ping provided they are used to the short delay).
  • I have trouble seeing how a FOV setting gives anyone an advantage that would be any different than someone running on a 21:9 ultrawide monitor.

You actually can see more people and gameplay with an ultrawide than you can with FOV setting on a 16:9 or 4:3. From what i hear people use it for is mostly in boss fights so they can see the boss better if they have to tank it up against a wall.

Hard to describe really how much more you can see with a 21:9 but it feels like almost twice as much width, more than you can get with FOV.

If they dislike FOV use, with that logic they will have to start telling people to downgrade their pc monitors back to 16:9 or 4:3 and maybe tell people to stop running high end cpus and gpus cause that gives you an advantage as well.

It's not like its cheap to get a brand new monitor either so i can't say to just buy an ultrawide, it probably will set you back at least 400 dollars, definitely worth it though cause it looks amazing.