[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Ingame DPS meeter ?

Comments

• VicyVicy ✭✭
    Those who are declaring that the DPS meters only use is to further isolate and chastise the newer community and gives elitists a method of doing so clearly are not educated on the actual Tera community. Elitists who are strongly dedicated to deterring and excluding new members will do so without the help of the DPS meter. If you're looking to correct the issue you might as well remove the "Skilled or Rookie" Title for dungeons. Oh, and remove all gear too since anyone under +15 won't be allowed into parties.

My point is, you all will find that this will actually have little to no change whether you are kicked or not in a party. It is the rookie's job to look up and read about mechanics to dungeons since there are multitudes of guides online. @Magichan is right, it is not our job as skilled players to carry new people through every dungeon. They are not learning the mechanics in that matter. They are being carried.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admit I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to the finer workings of MMO culture. Why are DPS meters so coveted?

Like... I seriously do not understand the big deal.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Vicy said:
    > It is the rookie's job to look up and read about mechanics to dungeons since there are multitudes of guides online. @Magichan is right, it is not our job as skilled players to carry new people through every dungeon. They are not learning the mechanics in that matter. They are being carried.

Oh yeah! I forgot that a new player will become skilled right after reading a guide without it playing the actual dungeon at all.

Sorry, I forgot to be specific that i mean tre experience in IM for those new players not LFG that most of them don't even know what it is.

And even between skilled players there will be always ppl carrying others so that is not an excuse for that kind of behaviour.

I am not agaisnt the use of dps metter for personal improvement but I am against the toxic behaviour to bash in the face the info from them to other players in a mean to harrass them.

I do know that many ppl don'y have that disgusting behaviour but there are also many ppl who enjoy to harrass others in anyway and "the use of a 3rd party software" is just one way to enforce a punishment on an player that is hurting more the game than helping it.

If anything I am in favor of built in-game for personal dps metters that won't share its stadistics on chat but more like a window with info as our profile info in-game.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    c0g wrote: »
    Let's have a vote on this and perhaps numbers will speak for themselves :)

Whoa there good sir, votes would have to be held with a third party voting tool. Careful now. :wink:
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    > @Vicy said:
    > It is the rookie's job to look up and read about mechanics to dungeons since there are multitudes of guides online. @Magichan is right, it is not our job as skilled players to carry new people through every dungeon. They are not learning the mechanics in that matter. They are being carried.

Oh yeah! I forgot that a new player will become skilled right after reading a guide without it playing the actual dungeon at all.

Sorry, I forgot to be specific that i mean tre experience in IM for those new players not LFG that most of them don't even know what it is.

And even between skilled players there will be always ppl carrying others so that is not an excuse for that kind of behaviour.

I am not agaisnt the use of dps metter for personal improvement but I am against the toxic behaviour to bash in the face the info from them to other players in a mean to harrass them.

I do know that many ppl don'y have that disgusting behaviour but there are also many ppl who enjoy to harrass others in anyway and "the use of a 3rd party software" is just one way to enforce a punishment on an player that is hurting more the game than helping it.

If anything I am in favor of built in-game for personal dps metters that won't share its stadistics on chat but more like a window with info as our profile info in-game.

der is a lfg called learning run....
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    SageWindu wrote: »
    I admit I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to the finer workings of MMO culture. Why are DPS meters so coveted?

Because:
    1. they allow you to compare your performance to other people and see how you are doing(potentially urging you to seek help from those who are doing better)
    2. they allow you to easily compare different builds and decide on what's best(for you)
    3. they show how everyone in the party is performing in an objective way and, if needed, who needs to be removed in order for the run to end in a clear and not a ragequit
  • PoniloverPonilover ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    You'd be surprised how many times I had to tell sorks to use pve glyphs by just looking at their crit rate for meteor strike. And those were RMNM runs where there cannot be any "rookies". How many times I had to kick/quit cuz of ppl in full guile w/o focused niveot or correct rolls, or correct crit rate.
    I'm glad I had enough time to know that building crit rate on valk is pointless, same as glyphing her skills for crit chance.
    The game now looks stale. With no real information about your dps, every boss is now a wall of hp you have to fight over and over again - nothing new, nothing to achieve.
  • jongbaejongbae ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Honestly, most of people don't rub on new player's face they are doing poorly in dungeons you can easily carry, unless you are a new player yourself being an [filtered] in that case just report, that's why the option is there for. Kicking slaughter geared people from LKNM? aren't you supposed to gear there? You seriously are judging the whole matter on like low percentage of assholes playing. I haven't seen people kicking low dps in low tier dungeons or the ones you use to gear.

When it comes handy, it's when you are doing endgame dungeons and you need to know who is under performing.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @LTLTW3RELG said:
    > ElinUsagi wrote: »
    >
    > > @Vicy said:
    > > It is the rookie's job to look up and read about mechanics to dungeons since there are multitudes of guides online. @Magichan is right, it is not our job as skilled players to carry new people through every dungeon. They are not learning the mechanics in that matter. They are being carried.
    >
    > Oh yeah! I forgot that a new player will become skilled right after reading a guide without it playing the actual dungeon at all.
    >
    > Sorry, I forgot to be specific that i mean tre experience in IM for those new players not LFG that most of them don't even know what it is.
    >
    > And even between skilled players there will be always ppl carrying others so that is not an excuse for that kind of behaviour.
    >
    > I am not agaisnt the use of dps metter for personal improvement but I am against the toxic behaviour to bash in the face the info from them to other players in a mean to harrass them.
    >
    > I do know that many ppl don'y have that disgusting behaviour but there are also many ppl who enjoy to harrass others in anyway and "the use of a 3rd party software" is just one way to enforce a punishment on an player that is hurting more the game than helping it.
    >
    > If anything I am in favor of built in-game for personal dps metters that won't share its stadistics on chat but more like a window with info as our profile info in-game.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > der is a lfg called learning run....

Many new players don't know about LFG system.

They just go IM and try to run the dungeon with the random ppl they are matched.

• They just go IM and try to run the dungeon with the random ppl they are matched.[/quote]

the game itself has a feature HELP which can guide u not all but basic aspect of the game...so being ignorant or too lazy to research and backread forums inst acceptable excuse
  • hello ppl

Well.........i think the issue here is not dps meeter ingame or not ,but instead how some ppl use it.
    if ppl use for ...like...get better..for the competitive between DPS etc...thats fun and great(probably n.n)
    but some go with they almighty gear ,unparalleled skill and of course the noob friendly DPS-MEETER
    to trash talk and some other thing ....in a instance matching party,thats not fun or friendly that s
    simple and plain bully and thats the issue here.

But if you use it in a LFG ...
    you will not allow under geared ppl or not skilled in X dungeon,so you can use your dps meeter all you
    want and say "dude!! my dps is 3% better tham yours!!" and get a " but my baraka is cutest than your
    elin" etc etc etc and no one will get hurt

PD: my english is very bad i hope you ppl get the message so long and goodnight xDDD
  • DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    SageWindu wrote: »

Because:
    1. they allow you to compare your performance to other people and see how you are doing(potentially urging you to seek help from those who are doing better)
    2. they allow you to easily compare different builds and decide on what's best(for you)
    3. they show how everyone in the party is performing in an objective way and, if needed, who needs to be removed in order for the run to end in a clear and not a ragequit

they're for the lazy sods who don't want to think in other words. who don't understand the game or who want to do stupid things like all out dps with no regard to handling aggro or their own safety relying solely on healers. ANYONE can figure out how well r badly they do without meters...and did for YEARS. not that hard. but every nub wants a crutch instead of learning the game except in the case of tera that crutch doesn't even HELP. since it won't teach you positioning, it won't teach when and how to use your skills, it won't teach when to avoid damage. it won't IMPROVE you or tell you HOW TO IMPROVE.

this isn't like every other mmo that has a meter where you can face roll skills and your gear soaks damage. the games where a meter is actually useful BECAUSE of the limited combat options.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »

Your other points are sound, but that last one displays a colossal problem within the community.

However, that statement makes the dichotomy both for and against DPS meters make so much more sense. In fact, I'm seeing a pattern...
  • JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    Roly wrote: »
    your post will be delete in 3, 2, 1 WHY?!!!!!!!! CUZZZZZZZZZZZ

There has been a follow-up statement in the "Cheating and Third Party Tools in TERA - You Won't Believe What Happens Next!" thread in General Discussion. While posting about 3rd party programs is still against the forum rules and we ask that you adhere to that, we hope this helps address some of the questions we've been seeing in the community.

Thanks

Creating a dps meter that players can use for themselves is the best possible solution to this problem. And if players are toxic then they can be dealt with individually through the already supported reporting mechanism.
  • JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    Rionat wrote: »
    It's kinda hard to carry dps's who contribute 100-250k dps

IK bad players are bad player and are going to be excluded tool or no tool. DPS meter just puts a bench mark for players to understand and improve.