[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

The 3rd Party Thread

Comments

• I Find funny how those with horrible ping keep trying to whiteknight in here, while you see them sh*t talk the game so bad on ow. You guys are lame, and sad, honestly very sad lol
  • jebbush wrote: »
    DPS meters...
    Lord.

Y'all really act like dps meters are impacting people THAT much, like soo many people are getting 'harrassed.' Yeah sure there are people who won't get taken if their dps isn't high enough to some standards but let's face the facts 1. not everyone wants to carry people 2. people like to do score runs and 3. it's not like they can't find another party.
    If there's no competitive aspect to this game it gets boring, once you've geared up as much as you can there's nothing else to do in this game there's no reason to constantly run dungeons when you don't need anything from them unless you just like doing dungeons or you're helping out a friend or guildmate. And even then people want that to be a quick run to be more efficient. DPS Meters are primarily a way for people to track their ability and skill and compare it with others to see where they can improve. It is a personal tracker, not something people actively use solely to exclude or even harass people.
    Those people who aren't doing 'high dps' will find their own parties trust me they'll make friends with people hell they'll find other people who do higher dps that will take them it's not that serious. People don't need a DPS meter to not want to invite folks. You can just watch how they play/how much they die, you can watch the bosses' bars to see if healers/tanks are keeping up debuffs you can watch your own buffs, you can inspect people like a DPS meter is not necessary for people to discriminate.

Your comment about S1 Mods is just a rose tinted, ignorant view. Congrats to you for not having issues, it must be lovely. That isn't grounds for you to try to [filtered] on other people who are having problems, especially when those who are having issues outnumber you by far. That's highly insulting of you to think that people aren't competent enough to know the difference between their computer's capabilities and the game's functionings. If one can run games like Final Fantasy, Warframe, or any other similar games or higher end games on max settings smoothly but [filtered] has to be downplayed for playing Tera that is a game issue not a computer issue.

I'm going to say it, people who use gpk mods probably aren't/weren't going to buy outfits from the store in the first place. Gpk mod costumes also tend to be ones that aren't available in the game at all and never have been, or they're simply recolours. Most mods out there are just hair style changing or horn removing types anyway. They're not impacting the game they're not impacting profit. EME gets plenty of money from us players to say they have a rather dissatisfied playerbase.
    There's also plenty of people who don't use gpk mods either because they don't show for other people. You might look decent on your end but no one else sees it and personally for me that's enough of a reason for me not to want it.

As for Packet Forwarding Proxy Servers:
    > "You can argue that it's a "soft fix" for people with ping issues but it's not the case here, people with low ping are using it, because it gives that much of an advantage in dps"
    > "being closer to the servers doesn't mean you're going to magically do drastically more DPS."

Hm. Okay then people using software to emulate lower ping associated with being closer to the servers isn't inherently going to make them drastically do more DPS either..

> "br's play the game with 200+ ping all the time and they can clear content, why can't you or any other person with sub 100 or less ping."

People can clear the content obviously but that's not a factor when the issue is that players should not have to expect server lag or ping spikes that frequently are the cause of deaths of your party or disconnections. That is frustrating to deal with and goes back to being efficient when it comes to doing content. Having your ping top out at over 100ms more than what you usually get or even having it spike into the thousands is enough to keep people from not even touching dungeons. If other people want to/can deal with having high [filtered] ping then good on them but most of us do not want to have to just bear with it especially when it's been an ongoing issue that's only getting worse.
    This whole 'oh well people with high ping can clear content' point is a null factor and mostly used as though people are trying to mitigate the server lag and ping issues even people living in NA have. This is a real problem, for some more than others, that has not seen any improvements.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeRoHouR95 wrote: »
    I Find funny how those with horrible ping keep trying to whiteknight in here, while you see them sh*t talk the game so bad on ow. You guys are lame, and sad, honestly very sad lol

Very productive, 10/10!

Cause we should be defending cheaters because we got high ping, otherwise you'll blabber the classical hurr durr you white knights talk right? Agree with me or you're stupid approach - besto approach.

We just have logic on our heads. I'm all in for Enmasse banning ANY hacker or exploiter, I'm not gonna be happy with another invincible player in Iron BG, I like my game without cheats. I don't use my ping as an excuse to cheat. You sound like these political factions that call criminals as "victims of the society", "They had no other option!", and exactly the same way as they do, go and bash who's against the hate train.

I know very well that the so called mass banning is not gonna happen, and that high ping players can play without exploiting things, and since I play fairly without using my ping as an excuse to use exploits, I'll also not tolerate players with the so called behavior.

I'm all in for Enmasse testing themselves server configurations with these ping tax fixes to see if it's actually a working solution and viable, and then put the solution to the game for all to use if it really does good.
  • MakojitaMakojita ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Ayi wrote: »
    Why does it feel like everybody is trying to justify injectors to keep their advantages over legit players? Just quit if you want to cheat so badly, or you'll end up getting banned anyways :3

Eme made it clear that injectors won't be allowed, so stop repeating yourselves.

All im reading is;
    Im selfish and need the advantage (even tho you actually already have huge advantages compared to high ping)
  • YitharYithar ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Well, I can see things from his/her perspective. Like if I did something good for the community to try to fix some issues in a broken game because it wasn't getting fixed, I'd be pissed too and wouldn't want to play nice anymore either. That being said, the thing that shall not be named wasn't perfect since it gave players in Chicago an advantage over those who weren't using it. That doesn't mean it didn't help out a ton of players living overseas.
  • Not sure if already something similar been said but still gonna drop my 2cents, for the record I'm an Australian player all but quit when EME killed PvP couldn't do PvE to the same standard as others due to of course ping when your dps is at a minimum cut by 20% even higher depending on class it's no fun knowing your letting your party down not due to your own skill but something outside your control.

I had countless friends quit Tera years ago cause of this issue and some where even given the response of "You don't live in NA so we can't help" this means you've deliberately cut away thousands of dollars a month in potential earnings from players in OCE and South East Asia who quit cause of those kind of responses when we know it's not our fault as i can play ANY other MMO from NA and expect 200ping and be playable, Tera though is not even in comparison to BnS an MMO that is arguably more ping reliant, then people discovered 3rd party programs that eradicate this issue making the game therefore playable and allowed me to continue playing as of current though.

Some people mentioned cause of Tera base FoV they can get sick without using a 3rd party program this is something you yourself can be sued for EME depending on the country the person is their are laws stating that if a game can do this to you it must be clearly stated, this isn't BlueHoles fault but an issue you MUST fix as it's your responsibility to make it playable and safe for those who get sick from Tera due to either motion sickness or whatever since your the ones publishing it in NA and their playing on your servers.

This might come across as a little flaming but it's all true and i'm sick of just seeing stuff ignored as it stands Tera has only gone downhill and it's getting worse with anytime something bad happens you guys blame BlueHole when as we are on YOUR servers it's not their fault
  • PeyralPeyral
    edited April 2017
    Wolf315 wrote: »
    6d6fe570cf.png
    I said he threatened. This seems like a clear threat. Doesn't matter if he did or didn't follow through. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Actually this is what happened: (screenshot here)

Omg Ilu, you saved me the trouble, thank you. ♥ Might want to blur their name though, because of the ~post rules~ or w/e. JUST TO BE SAFE.
  • Ginjitsu wrote: »
    Ceciella wrote: »
    @Ginjitsu

Please take your time and read through the entire thread again.

You want to be spoonfed and absolutely refuse to read and watch the videos that have been posted like the person who posted the insane difference in rapid fire given just a little bit of additional ping between the player and the server. If you just read the thread you can educate yourself on the issues and form an opinion from accurate facts. There are many arguments in this thread that explain things better than I can, and there's a certain player who has voiced their complaints as a banned developer and the post was subsequently locked and removed without a response.

Rapid Fire, Burst Fire, Burning Breath, and other skills are intended to be used at low ping because of the way they function and the fact that it is a Korean developer making a game for a Korean audience. Something like a player regularly having 80-120 ping isn't thought of because the game is simply designed for a different audience due to the physical size of their nation and incredible internet connection. When issues like this arise it is because the expectations and reality differ. The skills SHOULD function in a certain way, but they absolutely do not. This has been a known issue for many years.

However the issue is so much bigger than that in regards to third party things. DPS meters are used by a majority of the endgame community to improve themselves - not harass other players (although that does undeniably happen because there are always going to be [filtered] people in any community). Many top streamers up until this announcement streamed with a DPS meter on. Should they have been banned? Is it an unfair advantage that someone who's colorblind could theoretically see things properly given a third party program since there are absolutely no options for this ingame? What about someone else who gets motion sickness gets a significantly better experience from altering the FOV? Even something as simple as the removing the censorship EME has built into the game for certain costumes is something that they have said can technically be seen as a bannable offense if they know it is going on. Like if someone streams with any of these things could it reasonably result in a ban?

It's almost unbelievable how many people think even simple optimization fixes are cheating and should result in a ban. If you think that this is trying to justify cheating or that many, many people that are concerned in this thread are simply filthy cheaters who don't want to play the game and just get a reward then please take the time and read through all of the opinions posted in this thread that word things better than I can.

You're making assumptions on how a skill is intended to work, removing the delay will give a clear advantage against players that choose to not use any tools to overcome challenges brought on by circumstances.

DPS meters aren't really needed and players did just fine without it for years, even class changes have been made do to player feedback before it was meters were introduced. The "Cheating and Third Party Tools in TERA" announcement was very clear, but people jumped to conclusions about third party part of the thread and completely forgot about the cheating in TERA part. Changing INI files to optimize Tera isn't really cheating, sure technically it can be considered cheating but making that argument is just as stupid as saying you'll be banned for using a third party software like Windows 10.

You actually lack the ability to comprehend what people say to you which is actually kind of impressive so you can have your own thoughts about how Rapid Fire and other skills like this are supposed to work and deny the video evidence before you along with the regional differences explained to you in an overly simplified way.

The point is that people shouldn't be at an inherent disadvantage and that an archer in Chicago versus and archer in California shouldn't have a massive difference in how a core dps spell functions. The difference is not in theory, it is in fact. Whether or not these things can be used by people is up to EME and obviously they have decided that it is not acceptable so I'm no longer focusing the discussion around it. Even with those programs banned the issues still exist though and need to be discussed. Simply accepting that it's okay because it hasn't been fixed while it is a known issue is silly when it effects every player regardless of whether or not they know what the difference would be with lower ping.

People absolutely have every right to be concerned with a zero tolerance policy even when things are not cheats whenever they mention a hatred of all third party programs, even the ones that are not intended to cheat. DPS meters have helped people become better players and if you are regularly clearing endgame content it's highly likely that someone out of the five people in your group for RMH or the majority of a HH raid that completes the dungeon is using one. Nobody jumped to conclusions. These statements were laid out by EME as a blanket statement that disallows the use of any third party program or modification and has expressed the desire to ban people who use them even if they will not go through with a mass ban.
  • missioDei wrote: »
    jebbush wrote: »
    DPS meters...
    You can just watch how they play/how much they die, you can watch the bosses' bars to see if healers/tanks are keeping up debuffs you can watch your own buffs, you can inspect people like a DPS meter is not necessary for people to discriminate.

Just wanna comment on this;

I can watch a healer when I'm a DPS and observe how good they are, and I can check the boss often enough to determine rate of debuff uptime. 90%+ of the time, I can almost nail the exact % uptime they had on debuffs, how much they healed, and how often they gave mana/etc.

When I'm healing, I can judge most classes to determine their average DPS WITHOUT a meter, simply by observing their rotation, positioning and ability to do (or facetank) a mechanic.

Tanks? I can't judge because I've never really gotten gud at tanking. As long as they hold aggro and kept their debuff/buffs up, tho, they're okay to me.

So, I guess my point here is; if you're gonna ban a DPS meter because people use it to BM, might as well just ban people competent enough to observe their team. BM will happen, one way or another. Doesn't take a meter.

A bad healer will still get yelled at/kicked/blacklisted, a bad DPS will still get yelled at/kicked/blacklisted, and a bad tank will (you guessed it) still get yelled at/kicked/blacklisted.
  • Wolf315 wrote: »
    Peyral wrote: »
    Omg Ilu, you saved me the trouble, thank you. ♥ Might want to blur their name though, because of the ~post rules~ or w/e. JUST TO BE SAFE.

I think it's okay I asked her if it was okay to post it, thanks for the kind message

Ohh, okay! Anyway I really, really appreciate you helping me explain this. ;w;
  • YitharYithar ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Peyral wrote: »

Stuff still got removed even with the names blurred so I don't think that's safe either, although I'm not sure why it was removed since the names were blurred.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    About the DPS meter I gotta say that I've seen people post my DPS being on the crap tier level, like above the healer only (ya know when one posts all raid members), and I've either always taken it as a joke, like "hue demn I suck, gotta git gud eh", or was just legit curious to see if I was doing well to begin with. No one kicks me ever because I'm on crap damage, nor have I ever been called out because of this, probably because mostly my DPS is bad gear wise, I'm always attacking on the right place (eh... back) and crystals and rolls are correct, also no face tanking to do more DPS, and yeah nothing on the class of bellow 1/4 of the 2nd to last.

I would say the players that literally complain and b!tch about the DPS being low are a handful of elitists. There are many cases I've seen that the one who looks at the DPS meter calls out for the player with abnormally low DPS and goes on to give tips for that player on how to improve. Rare have been the cases of kicking because of low DPS, usually the kick happens when it's a troll instead, and so the DPS will be reflected on it, but certainly the low DPS is not the cause.
  • Permanently banned for write "i just hope not to be kicked from a party doubt to my high ping" :(
  • HecroGunnerHecroGunner ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Yithar wrote: »
    6d6fe570cf.png
    I said he threatened. This seems like a clear threat. Doesn't matter if he did or didn't follow through. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, I can see things from his/her perspective. Like if I did something good for the community to try to fix some issues in a broken game because it wasn't getting fixed, I'd be pissed too and wouldn't want to play nice anymore either. That being said, the thing that shall not be named wasn't perfect since it gave players in Chicago an advantage over those who weren't using it. That doesn't mean it didn't help out a ton of players living overseas.

"Even tho it gave people advantages over the other no matter the geographical location(Even in Chicago!) It still helped people" This is silly to justify. People are using their ping to justify gaining an edge over people who don't use it. Lower pinged players have a huge advantage in any online game. Tera isn't just the only game where ping effects people by a lot. If you cheat in any game, you will risk of a ban. This is still only talking about Skill-Prediction. The owner knew what his program could be used for and if he didn't then he's an idiot. Including all the other modules that people made for it, it's injustice.
  • edited April 2017
    All i see from all you "players" trying to say we are here just to "justify" a cheat is that all you want, is to stay on your server with no potential players crying over bugs and stuff, so i can just expect that you will be happy once we all leave and you get to go to IOD and be the only player doing a miserable bam, or having queues of 4 or 5 hours hoping for some1 to join channelworks, and let's not even talk about battlegrounds who are already dead due to this problems, keep up the crap work until the server is empty, there is no cure for those who just try to defend the bugs the game has, just because their ping is nice, their pc is good, or they just want to look good at gamemasters eyes, let me tell you a gamemaster will look good at you for being useful for the community and look at both sides, not for licking their feet.