[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Random archer pvp ramble

Maximizing damage:
For generations, people have asked the question that very few can answer. That question is, how do I maximize damage as a Archer?

Recently, I've been experimenting alot with timing intervals between skills and retaliation. I've been trying to understand what skills could I use to do more damage and use the games mechs to my advantage. Some basic mechs: 1)People get turned around when they are KD'd
2) you can't stagger someone for 2 seconds after a KD
3) you can stun after a KD if you land it before retal buff goes into effect
4) attack speed increases your skills cast time animation. (meaning they take less frames to do the same skill)

KD:
The basic things to do after a KD is to spam your slowing arrows on the target. This is ideal and makes it easier to land another KD or setup, but this does NOT do the maximum dmg off a KD. To get the most dmg of your KD the ideal thing to do would be RF or poison arrow. Both crit higher than the dmg from slows and poison arrow has a poison effect. Rf can tick for 3k - 30k depending on the direction they fell, gear, and hit. Slows can always be applied later in the fight.

The turn around mech of tera, interests me and I've been trying to play around it. Mostly I've been stacking the [filtered] out of AS and trying to see how many skills are viable before the person can get up. My newest founding is as follows: Back hit radiant > forward backstep > run camera 180 degrees > thunderbolt. It's hard to do but does ensure tons of dmg if they crit.

Combos:
Only gonna mention ROA combos since they are the most optimized combos. First, when you starting up the combo you have about 2-4 seconds to do what ever before you place down stun trap. To gain the most dmg off this you can do a variety of things.y favorite is: mark(with blazing poison arrow glyph) > poison arrow > stun trap > breakaway > etc. The poison arrow ticks for a bit and using the mark ensures you get 10% more damage on the combo. Feel free to mix it up and milk as much dmg off the start up.

After the start up and you use ROA, you can use fillers (PA, RF, poison, etc) in between the stuns to chip of damage.

Near the end of the combo, you want to move over to the target and reuse CQ on them. After that it's up to you to decide how you want to finish the combo. Get creative.
-
This was mainly a ramble of my thoughts on archer optimization, I know there's alot more to it, I'm just commenting on what I've been thinking for the pass couple days. Hopefully, we can have a deeper and more in-depth conversation about this topic of optimization for the rest of the classes. Happy theory crafting!

Comments

• ...nothing you say about archer has any worth. You don't play archer correctly, you don't know how to adapt, you just want to be a turret and stand on your traps. You think you are good at 1v1s, or the self proclaimed best 1v1 archer in the game, but you lose duels to slayers...like your opinion is so useless. It's like listening to xenogears about how to play warrior. Until you can actually figure out how to play archer, which is very very straightforward, please stop trying to project your misconceptions on people who might actually think you know what you are talking about.
  • > @Arooused said:
    > ...nothing you say about archer has any worth. You don't play archer correctly, you don't know how to adapt, you just want to be a turret and stand on your traps. You think you are good at 1v1s, or the self proclaimed best 1v1 archer in the game, but you lose duels to slayers...like your opinion is so useless. It's like listening to xenogears about how to play warrior. Until you can actually figure out how to play archer, which is very very straightforward, please stop trying to project your misconceptions on people who might actually think you know what you are talking about.

Pls refrain from being toxic on My thread ^^, this is just a happily theory crafting discussion. Have you played archer? If so what's your ideas on optimization?
  • icygraveicygrave
    edited April 2017
    Just tested your blazing poison arrow glyph in between kick and stun trap, ( stag > kick > mark > poison > trap) doesn't work. People with low ping can get out of it. Clever thought though.
  • > @icygrave said:
    > Just tested your blazing poison arrow glyph in between kick and stun trap, ( stag > kick > mark > poison > trap) doesn't work. People with low ping can get out of it. Clever thought though.

Oh great! What's your attack speed? I had about +59 on my archer when I tested it.
  • > @icygrave said:
    > Just tested your blazing poison arrow glyph in between kick and stun trap, ( stag > kick > mark > poison > trap) doesn't work. People with low ping can get out of it. Clever thought though.

Oh great! What's your attack speed? I had about +59 on my archer when I tested it.

yeah I tested it with +52 maybe at +64 you could do it but then you're loosing .3 crit power. That's more of a dueling build I guess.
  • icygrave wrote: »
    > @icygrave said:

yeah I tested it with +52 maybe at +64 you could do it but then you're loosing .3 crit power. That's more of a dueling build I guess.

yea my thoughts are geared more for duels rather than general pvp.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Mind specifying your setup as well as glyph build for your suggestions? they don't seem to work that well for me- ping 120+ms here