The 3rd Party Thread

Comments

• TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    1. Player A lives in Chicago with 7 ping. Player B lives in Chicago with 7 ping. Player A uses the cheat. Player A has a huge advantage over Player B.

t. someone who has no idea about anything. If you use said aforementioned program, you end up desyncing quite a lot, to the point that most people under 30-40 ping saw no net benefit from using it.
  • Tewii wrote: »
    1. Player A lives in Chicago with 7 ping. Player B lives in Chicago with 7 ping. Player A uses the cheat. Player A has a huge advantage over Player B.

t. someone who has no idea about anything. If you use said aforementioned program, you end up desyncing quite a lot, to the point that most people under 30-40 ping saw no net benefit from using it.
    Desyncs are fault of the game code/engine.
  • I can't believe this thread even exists. Some cheaters got banned? Sounds great to me. BHS and EME are way too lenient when it comes to client modifications / 3rd party software, glad to see them finally taking a more solid stance!
  • Asqures wrote: »
    I can't believe this thread even exists. Some cheaters got banned? Sounds great to me. BHS and EME are way too lenient when it comes to client modifications / 3rd party software, glad to see them finally taking a more solid stance!
    And we can't have a solid fps/ping.
  • WolfitoWolfito
    edited April 2017
    Asqures wrote: »
    I can't believe this thread even exists. Some cheaters got banned? Sounds great to me. BHS and EME are way too lenient when it comes to client modifications / 3rd party software, glad to see them finally taking a more solid stance!

We don`t care about the cheaters being banned, I never used those programs when I was playing the game (I gave up years ago, tried to revive my guild but the idea also died cause no one cares anymore), I have a 65 human lancer and 190 ms ping, someone with an elin lancer and low ping can move twice as faster, deal almost twice the dps while blocking 100% of the hits, were I have to choose one skill or another to get through, this is my normal.

Why this thread even exist:
    cause the stuff that were produced was not made (my assumption) with cheating in mind, they actually implement fixes for a bad designed game, that brings more people and helps with longevity. Could it be used for cheating? Like anything in real life, a vehicle could be used for transport or a weapon, we don't need to jail everyone that uses a vehicle.
    Right now I'm playing a chinese MMORPG published by a way worse company than enmasse, that put their server on California, messing even with the US player base, I play there with almost 300 ms and I'm not taxed like I'm on TERA, all my skills are delayed by 300ms, in TERA my skills would be delayed indefinitely the longer the chain was going to be...

Finishing like you started, I can't believe people can't see beyond their own problems...
  • MuggslyMuggsly ✭✭✭
    What I find interesting is I head over to Twitch and look at tera streams every region RU, EU, and KR all have dps meters up and front and center and visible for all to see but here in NA we are told we will be banned for their use.
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    JasonLucas wrote: »
    Desyncs are fault of the game code/engine.

Desyncs and ghosting are exacerbated using third party modules, once again as I said, making it not worth using if you're under 40-50 ping because it causes more issues for your own skills than it fixes.
  • Wow, thanks for the clarification Johngaloria. That person is pretty damn nuts lol
  • Asqures wrote: »

Im also glad that EME and BHS won't listen and do anything about problems. Great to see that whiteknights are still talking, even though they notice that even the most dedicated of the playerbase are against EME. All those innocent twitch and ingame bans are really great too! Oh hey you want to help the game, here is your reward: A ban. On top of that we have the server issues that have been talked about for months but still not fixed.

Happy banniversary :p

LqUe1jr.png

This also doesn't seem to be the case here.
  • lets be honest and stop fooling around denying all stuff....wat triggered EME to take action is not about the coommunity being toxic and harrasing people....wat triggered them was one or 2 of dev mod selling the script in real money and the coder of costume mods...which impact the sales of the company...tho i feel the side of the coder cos who would waste time and effort for nothin?but payment in real money cross the line
  • MuggslyMuggsly ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    LTLTW3RELG wrote: »
    lets be honest and stop fooling around denying all stuff....wat triggered EME to take action is not about the coommunity being toxic and harrasing people....wat triggered them was one or 2 of dev mod selling the script in real money and the coder of costume mods...which impact the sales of the company...tho i feel the side of the coder cos who would waste time and effort for nothin?but payment in real money cross the line

Yeah that was it entirely they had no other motive. It wasn't from the uproar of RMHM not being included in the triple drop weekend and people automatically blaming injector users even though the exploit can be done without the use of injector. It had nothing to do with them allowing people to skip the 1st boss for months while other regions had that exploit fixed and them trying to look like they are taking a hard stance on "hackers and exploiters" to try and cover their asses in the face of an ever increasingly mad community. Or could it have been the emporium exploit no, no it was one person selling a script /s . This type of thing is right out of the politicians handbook just replace hacker with terrorist or drugs or "bad hombres" and you will see a pattern.
  • Muggsly wrote: »
    LTLTW3RELG wrote: »
    lets be honest and stop fooling around denying all stuff....wat triggered EME to take action is not about the coommunity being toxic and harrasing people....wat triggered them was one or 2 of dev mod selling the script in real money and the coder of costume mods...which impact the sales of the company...tho i feel the side of the coder cos who would waste time and effort for nothin?but payment in real money cross the line

Yeah that was it entirely they had no other motive. It wasn't from the uproar of RMHM not being included in the triple drop weekend and people automatically blaming injector users even though the exploit can be done without the use of injector. It had nothing to do with them allowing people to skip the 1st boss for months while other regions had that exploit fixed and them trying to look like they are taking a hard stance on "hackers and exploiters" to try and cover their asses in the face of an ever increasingly mad community. This type of thing is right out of the politicians handbook just replace hacker with terrorist or drugs or "bad hombres" and you will see a pattern.

rmhm issue was a cover up to hype the blame for so called 3rd party...that just my observation..but can u blame them its der company to protect not us.im not against 3rd party tools..but im against the 3rd party exploit.specialy the iframe mods if such thing exist ,emporium rewards and costume mod
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    After few replies had valuable points, Community again started to get on each other and ruin the thread. I go put this out and I am done with this discussion.

Before I get to anything: YOU ARE NOT BANNED FOR ANYTHING YET, SO CHILL THE HECK UP.

1. ToS was there from the beginning, you used and created those 3rd parties and modified game, you knew what were you doing, those created knew it, they had to come to EME, not EME going to them, they were the ones going against ToS. What I mean is, if they could come forward, and community could support what they did as an official movement for better Tera experience the path of cheating and a better Tera experience would have been divided but now that line is barely there and it is the real problem. I know forums rule, they could contact them in many other ways.

2.When a MOBA match like LOL finishes, every players see their stat, it was always there, it is official, there might be some argues and stuff, but this is a video game, argues happens and it is normal. We could have that ages ago. We could see the stats after each boss, so we could judge our performance and evaluate classes and many stuff. An Official DPS meter or I like to have a performance log like those games if possible will do more good than harm. So many players on this one got some good points.

3. Anyone that used or modified for better Tera experience is not a cheater, There were modification and methods that was helping them with FOV, better fps and better Tera experience, ( not talking about stuff that was really cheating) because we know this game is not optimized, not even by a long shot because of UE3 engine. So, don't yell at them, Couple of those players are codex, we learned dungeons from them, their guides on dungeons, classes helped many people, their streams advertised for the game. We need to bring that line between cheaters and players that wanted to improve their Tera experience. So how about we all, stand together and get this over with instead of starting a conflict with each other that only hurt the community. This way, cheaters know they can't hide around and start a conflict so they can survive this.

4. Why some players fight with council member? I know, some of them, act like judge/jury/executioner but still they also care about the game in their own way. Also remember they are giving their points, no need to turn against them, their point is not accepted by you, just ignore or move on, that is the best solution, look at 20 page that could be shorter and wiser. And also Council is not going to decide on anything, they never decided for anything, so chill a bit and move on, instead of pages of conflicts that send away from our route to a solution for this problem.

5. Some players just give some example that is really stupid, Like those players with better PC have advantages too, why they are not getting banned? No one is banned yet so far, so yeah, chill, also those with good PC, just put those slides up and got better FPS, it is like having a better car, let us not be stupid and with comments like this, make each other angry. Me and defenders and complainers, again lets stick together.

6. If you leave the game and stop playing, the game won't die, EME won't go broke. Me and a bunch of East Asian players left the game not long after Gunner, game had 2 more class after, don't think of yourself too much, we all do, I do, and this is another problem.

So, in the end, I have a proposition for community. Lets us do this our way, clean way, so we can have our better Tera experience and also let us kick the cheaters and toxic players out.

From each server, top players and contributors that are known make a group, each group from each server get together, They make an statement,
    and point exactly what is modified and why, what is used and why. what shouldn't be used and what can stop cheating, bring the exploits and ways to cheat to EME's attention, Read ToS and give their ideas what part can be improved. If we do this, this weekend, it would be nice, we got to do this together, we got to show that we want is a better Tera, we got to show them we are not accepting cheats and exploits but EME/BHS needs to level with us because the game is not at a good state right now and we are not gonna leave cause heck yeah we LOVE TERA and the community and yeah even the publisher that is why we criticize it. Remember nothing go out, no one should know about those stuff, keep it private and then send it to EME, we don't want more attention and trolls get their hand to that. Then EME can level with you guys and to their own research and thoughts and we reach a new agreement to fix the problems with cheat/exploits and also lacks of option in game.

Lets do this, Good luck everyone.
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    After few replies had valuable points, Community again started to get on each other and ruin the thread. I go put this out and I am done with this discussion.

Before I get to anything: YOU ARE NOT BANNED FOR ANYTHING YET, SO CHILL THE HECK UP.

1. ToS was there from the beginning, you used and created those 3rd parties and modified game, you knew what were you doing, those created knew it, they had to come to EME, not EME going to them, they were the ones going against ToS. What I mean is, if they could come forward, and community could support what they did as an official movement for better Tera experience the path of cheating and a better Tera experience would have been divided but now that line is barely there and it is the real problem. I know forums rule, they could contact them in many other ways.

2.When a MOBA match like LOL finishes, every players see their stat, it was always there, it is official, there might be some argues and stuff, but this is a video game, argues happens and it is normal. We could have that ages ago. We could see the stats after each boss, so we could judge our performance and evaluate classes and many stuff. An Official DPS meter or I like to have a performance log like those games if possible will do more good than harm. So many players on this one got some good points.

3. Anyone that used or modified for better Tera experience is not a cheater, There were modification and methods that was helping them with FOV, better fps and better Tera experience, ( not talking about stuff that was really cheating) because we know this game is not optimized, not even by a long shot because of UE3 engine. So, don't yell at them, Couple of those players are codex, we learned dungeons from them, their guides on dungeons, classes helped many people, their streams advertised for the game. We need to bring that line between cheaters and players that wanted to improve their Tera experience. So how about we all, stand together and get this over with instead of starting a conflict with each other that only hurt the community. This way, cheaters know they can't hide around and start a conflict so they can survive this.

4. Why some players fight with council member? I know, some of them, act like judge/jury/executioner but still they also care about the game in their own way. Also remember they are giving their points, no need to turn against them, their point is not accepted by you, just ignore or move on, that is the best solution, look at 20 page that could be shorter and wiser. And also Council is not going to decide on anything, they never decided for anything, so chill a bit and move on, instead of pages of conflicts that send away from our route to a solution for this problem.

5. Some players just give some example that is really stupid, Like those players with better PC have advantages too, why they are not getting banned? No one is banned yet so far, so yeah, chill, also those with good PC, just put those slides up and got better FPS, it is like having a better car, let us not be stupid and with comments like this, make each other angry. Me and defenders and complainers, again lets stick together.

6. If you leave the game and stop playing, the game won't die, EME won't go broke. Me and a bunch of East Asian players left the game not long after Gunner, game had 2 more class after, don't think of yourself too much, we all do, I do, and this is another problem.

So, in the end, I have a proposition for community. Lets us do this our way, clean way, so we can have our better Tera experience and also let us kick the cheaters and toxic players out.

From each server, top players and contributors that are known make a group, each group from each server get together, They make an statement,
    and point exactly what is modified and why, what is used and why. what shouldn't be used and what can stop cheating, bring the exploits and ways to cheat to EME's attention, Read ToS and give their ideas what part can be improved. If we do this, this weekend, it would be nice, we got to do this together, we got to show that we want is a better Tera, we got to show them we are not accepting cheats and exploits but EME/BHS needs to level with us because the game is not at a good state right now and we are not gonna leave cause heck yeah we LOVE TERA and the community and yeah even the publisher that is why we criticize it. Remember nothing go out, no one should know about those stuff, keep it private and then send it to EME, we don't want more attention and trolls get their hand to that. Then EME can level with you guys and to their own research and thoughts and we reach a new agreement to fix the problems with cheat/exploits and also lacks of option in game.

Lets do this, Good luck everyone.

The best comment of all.