[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

The 3rd Party Thread

Comments

• DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    Everything is simple. Whats need to be done are as follow:

1 - EME need to open their door, do some series of conference between all parties.
    2 - All parties take their part, pouring everything. For example, what's can be done, what's should be done etc.
    3 - Resolution about those meetings and then finally an answer and new set of rules to be follow.

End.
  • About the ping fix tools, the danger is most people (understandably) don't bother to read/understand the code. Even less so before updating (especially if there are automatic updates). As of this moment moment the tools might work well, the next moment the dev might have a grudge against EME and put in some code for an automatic update which causes your program to attack the TERA servers. You don't know. Even if it works well today.

The ping fixes seem like something that should be presented to BHS so they can look over the code and possibly integrate part of it into the TERA network code itself. If we consider the code -a working prototype- for reducing high ping issues rather than a tool for TERA players to use, the code itself could still do a lot of good and help everyone.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    we can't have nice things cause NA gamer mentality ;\
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Can we all stop virtually sucking each others virtual penises for a minute and actually contribute to how a developer might actually make changes so that players don't feel the need to modify the game experience themselves please?

I do have to take off my virtual hat to those that have been making suggestions to actually improve the game in a civilised manner in this thread though. They have my respect

In one of my previous posts, I covered how I believe the game could be modified so that people might not feel the need to resort to certain third party programs to keep up with lowe ping players.

@Spacecats, I turn onto something that I feel is very relevant for the up-coming console release of TERA: Optimisation of the game for current CPUs. Why? Several reasons:
    1) Older games run better on Intel Processors than they do AMD Processors. TERA is no exception here, and the difference in performance is really noticeable to the point where players with Intel Skylake processors today claim to get 60 FPS everywhere, where people on top end AMD Vishera processors go from maybe hitting 30 to slideshow central).
    2) The current generation consoles that BHS is planning to release TERA for (so, the PS4 and Xbox One) use AMD-based processors. To be specific, they are both custom AMD Octa-core processors with the PS4 clocked at 1.6Ghz and the Xbox One clocked at 1.75 Ghz. The newer versions of these consoles are clocked slightly higher.
    3) If I remember correctly, TERA only utilises two CPU cores maximum, regardless of what you may try.

As someone that has played TERA on both Intel and AMD CPU-based systems, the above three points make me very worried about whether TERA will be able to look as pretty as it can do on an Intel PC whilst running smoothly on the consoles. Yes, I am aware that both the Xbox One and PS4 don't run a certain brand of stupidly heavy OS authored by Microsoft, but the CPU architecture still worries me.

BUT, there is potential for the console development of TERA to bring with it a massive optimisation patch, and I see the optimisation going two different ways:
    1) The standard console to PC changes that happen to games but in reverse. That is, the game would be run as it is on lower settings on the consoles without any proper optimisation. This does not help us get anywhere with the PC version and is an opportunity missed.
    2) A proper tear-down and analysis of the game code, with optimisations made so that the game can utilise all CPUs better. I believe that doing this as part of the console development would be golden for consoles AND both PC Intel and AMD based systems alike, especially if the game is modified to use more than 2 CPU cores. Further, if this is successful, it could demonstrate to the gaming industry that it is possible to have the insanely pretty PC performance of a game on a console.

And why is this relevant to the thread? Well, optimisation of the game for current CPUs, Intel and AMD alike would improve game performance client side. What would a developer improving game performance do? Well, I hope it would drastically lessen the need for people to modify game files to make it run smoothly in the first place because the developer eliminated that need.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    AEFH9EGJMA wrote: »
    manyhi wrote: »
    @Yamazuki

Wow, I'm glad you're such an ethical Tera player. Thanks for all your frequent requests that have continued to change nothing! I'm sure BHS spends a lot of time fixing exploits (nope, none of the recent exploits have been fixed, tera rewards bug still there, Lachelith bug still there, gate glitches in various places still possible, etc.) Oh and while we're at it, FWC still unequalized, still no leaderboards, CS is back to 2-man q, I'm glad things are being accomplished!

I think we all blame Spacecats but the player council is to be blamed too. Did you read the thread on reddit one of the council members posted? It was one of the most uninformed and idiotic thing I've ever read. It is pretty common sense in the community that most active player council members are newbie players with big egos and don't understand anything. Since council is the bridge between CM and community, Spacecats being so ignorant about how these third party tools work is partially the council's fault for being ignorant too.

I think today's state of affairs the council needs to be criticized for too.

damn sorry I'm a newbie player with a big ego that doesn't understand anything. feelsbad
  • Tewii wrote: »
    JasonLucas wrote: »
    Desyncs are fault of the game code/engine.
    Desyncs and ghosting are exacerbated using third party modules, once again as I said, making it not worth using if you're under 40-50 ping because it causes more issues for your own skills than it fixes.
    Indeed, using a 3rd party program may increase your desyncs, but the root of problem is the U3 and together with BHS code it increase even more. Your client say yes and the servers say no, this causes your character to desync, but we can aid this with an 3rd party tool to trying to talk in a different way with the servers.

• [/quote]

false accusation i dont use dps "xxxxx" and if u check the img you posted i didnt uploaded that info about dmg its another name

so, double report

1) for callouts in forums uploading images with the part you want, and not everything what happened, just what you want
    2) for accusation telling im using that soft when in the img shows its another person

@Spacecats [/quote]
    dont cry pls.ur the one whos being toxic..i saw ur video not a single rmhm cleared...and calling all ur members trap
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    SOOO this thread turned out more useless than HorribleSubs chat right now that Attack on Titan got delayed and the endless "Where's my AoT!!" spam wave goes.

There was a moment when I though we were going to receive some answers from the community manages and GMs, but it turned out on a triple digit comment count, 21 (if not at this moment 22) page thread where a bit e-peen size contest going on with people just blabbering the classics "bunch of white knights" "you're a hypocrite" "your mom is fat" level of crap.
    Well thought arguments are just left ignored on the wind, and stuff with "Your reply is stupid, please refrain from posting" gets more upvotes than any helpful comment so far.

May as well just rename it into whatever else and let the bickering go on. No reply so far from the community management, tho it's understandable if it's already out of his work time, and players just running into the mud fight.

Yet another thread that could very well be shut down, since the middle of the thread towards this point the respect to any one's view has just gone out the window and turned into a "cheater vs white knight" thing.
    Just meme the heck out of this thread, it's useless at this point, the few people that still respect others and bring up good points into the thread are lost in the sea of "You're so stupid" comments
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dhrizzit wrote: »
    Tewii wrote: »
    Desyncs are fault of the game code/engine.
    Desyncs and ghosting are exacerbated using third party modules, once again as I said, making it not worth using if you're under 40-50 ping because it causes more issues for your own skills than it fixes.
    Indeed, using a 3rd party program may increase your desyncs, but the root of problem is the U3 and together with BHS code it increase even more. Your client say yes and the servers say no, this causes your character to desync, but we can aid this with an 3rd party tool to trying to talk in a different way with the servers.

are you telling when i do duels with a gunners, they, using that soft they get a advantage in duels? just for watch my dmg?
    Wolf315 wrote: »
    Dhrizzit wrote: »
    im sorry for you, but the people who used that thing, used it for insult the other people, i was one of the victims a lot of the time when i had freeze in rmhm doing low dmg, in guile times

For someone that always plays the victim regarding dps you sure are a hypocrite. Especially since you are the one that bullies others into forcing them to play to your wishes so you can have your "OP slaying dps". Also you're friends with eager dps meter users.
    239ac96c3729a690169737a6e197d94a.jpg
    82b6f5f683a358d48b38928da316ebc4.jpg
    1ab40855bf001b9682f1c9b2955098e2.png
    14331ea72758f437f5eb276eac9052cb.png

why dont you show to the people all the video? ;)

18194833_1065594716917902_2417377631407490925_n.jpg?oh=9542ecac4234d72d8e6fa19e4a3c3cfe&oe=598F5D0B&__gda__=1505628463_da8a9e46b4c7e10312323cfa963cdbeb

Reported! Please keep your drama in your drama thread.
  • [/quote]

why dont you show to the people all the video? ;)

18194833_1065594716917902_2417377631407490925_n.jpg?oh=9542ecac4234d72d8e6fa19e4a3c3cfe&oe=598F5D0B&__gda__=1505628463_da8a9e46b4c7e10312323cfa963cdbeb
    [/quote]

TBH u sounds like so called SHITPAI on AV server who seeks for attention ...ow btw before u report me for calling outs..i dont cos shitpai is a code name i use just for hem
  • Dhrizzit wrote: »
    LTLTW3RELG wrote: »

false accusation i dont use dps "xxxxx" and if u check the img you posted i didnt uploaded that info about dmg its another name

so, double report

1) for callouts in forums uploading images with the part you want, and not everything what happened, just what you want
    2) for accusation telling im using that soft when in the img shows its another person

@Spacecats
    dont cry pls.ur the one whos being toxic..i saw ur video not a single rmhm cleared...and calling all ur members trap
    [/quote]

"not a single rmhm cleared" another proof u are here for troll and stalking

u didnt see all the video, im watching now all the video, how the healer likes put balder even saying " ok " and how him likes heal all the match

oh well, but you are here, just to write what you want, and troll and stalk and bully

all the people can enter to the video just typing the name of the video in that img

but the point here its if people watch the video, and later read your comment, they can understand u are trolling and stalking and bullying ;)[/quote]

Can we please just not hijack this thread, the one place EME has allowed us to voice concerns for legitimate 3rd party discussion...
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you people stop? Can you grow up once and stop quoting each other and hijack threads. Players here try to accomplish something and get over with this problem and players. Jesus. Please, stop posting none-sense and let those players from each server try to work this out.
  • Can you guys do not mess up this thread? Thank you.
  • u can ask the guy who jumped into this thread to seek for attention i believe he/she already had a thread for his drama
  • edited April 2017
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Would you people stop? Can you grow up once and stop quoting each other and hijack threads. Players here try to accomplish something and get over with this problem and players. Jesus. Please, stop posting none-sense and let those players from each server try to work this out.

I read plenty of threads before about third party programs and ui tweaks and bla bla, and usually your posts were not what i and some players think, but i have to agree on this 100% here ppl is trying to discuss how to implement mechanics on game so everyone can play on the same balance, yet we have the trolls doing memes for fun, ppl who actually tries to work it out, and white knights just calling everyone cheaters just for even existing, i belive that this community has more to offer than just "you cheater scum you want to get advantage on the game get banned" when many players already said "it's not using a cheat, we are on 2017 with advance technology, holograms and many other good things, why we still suffering the ping difference as when internet just came out, many games already have something similar to skill prediction" we dont want to break the game, we just want to be able to chain a skill, at least from my side, i play tera since it was beta, i have to say that before this wasnt so much of a problem, why? because new classes came out with a lot of CC, too much knock up, stagger stuns and things that we need to counter somehow, why is this a problem you ask? because we lack what ktera has, a balanced skill chain system as the skill prediction, talents system, and many other things that left high ping users in disadvantage, it's not the modders fault, nor eme, and purely bhs for not allowing eme to not do such optimization on the game, this was said and explained longway better than i do, my english is poor and my intelligence even more, but it would be nice to have a little more of support for what we are trying to make like something fair instead of calling us "cheaters" nobody wants free runs on dungeons or gold or w/e, just a proper game optimization and skill prediction, nothing else! Let's focus on the main subject again, leave white knighting away, and get into this like we should of from the beginning, wise words from you LesbianVi!