[PC] Maintenance is now complete! Thank you!
[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 7/24 at 7pm PDT. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/32JFI3j

is original island of dawn really returning?

ive watched the game trailer that was made for the consoles here on eme's home page and on facebook, and they had the original island of dawn in the trailer, the original opening scene where they are flying there and the original island itself.
so does that mean they are bringing back the original island of dawn? is it only going to be for consoles or both pc and consoles if they are?
that would be really great if the trailer is true.

Comments

• the original isle of dawn is what kept me in game in the first place. it was my first mmo and I suck and I spent 2-3 days to get out of it. I was just looking around I guess.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    it was what got me to play when i first saw it on my friends pc. it will be great if the trailer is accurate.
  • NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I believe that the trailer was just taking pieces from multiple promotions and cut-scenes they had for TERA and slapped it together. If you look up a couple of promotional trailers for TERA, you will notice that the console trailer is just a bunch of clips they've gathered. Even looking at it now, they even took a promotional video from beta and shoved it into the console trailer... I don't think they will ever bring back the Island of Dawn, but maybe one day.
    NPCPak wrote: »
    I believe that the trailer was just taking pieces from multiple promotions and cut-scenes they had for TERA and slapped it together. If you look up a couple of promotions, you will notice that the console trailer is just a bunch of clips they've gathered. I don't think they will ever bring back the Island of Dawn... but yes, I do have a small glimmer of hope as well.

i hope you are wrong on that about it just being a bunch of cut scenes slapped together. i saw that and my heart raced with excitement. so im hoping as well.
    hopefully we can get an official word on this instead of speculation
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive watched the game trailer that was made for the consoles here on eme's home page and on facebook, and they had the original island of dawn in the trailer, the original opening scene where they are flying there and the original island itself.
    so does that mean they are bringing back the original island of dawn? is it only going to be for consoles or both pc and consoles if they are?
    that would be really great if the trailer is true.

All the clips in trailer are just a mesh of old clips, nothing new has been released and most likely console will get the same content that is on PC.
  • GrievuuzGrievuuz ✭✭✭
    TL;DR - No.

Grievuuz wrote: »
    TL;DR - No.

no? and you know this how?
  • EllieChuEllieChu ✭✭✭
    TL;DR - No.

Because consoles gets a copy pasted version of our current build slapped on to them. If you check whats going on over on ktera, you'll know that they have the same hunting ground IoD as we do, and that wont change in the nearest future
  • NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    Here, I will give you a hand-full of some of the TERA videos that you might be interested in.

(TERA) Console Trailer

(TERA) Promotional Ads (+ Island of Dawn Cut-Scenes)
    (Island of Dawn) Introduction (P1) Cut-Scene/Cinematic
    (Island of Dawn) Introduction (P2) Cut-Scene/Cinematic

(TERA) Alpha/Beta Promotions (+ Alpha/Demo Gameplay)
  • NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    All additional clips can be found here:

(Playlist) En Masse Entertainment's Content Update
    EllieChu wrote: »
    TL;DR - No.

Because consoles gets a copy pasted version of our current build slapped on to them. If you check whats going on over on ktera, you'll know that they have the same hunting ground IoD as we do, and that wont change in the nearest future

in the near future , but what about later on this year when its time for the console version is to be released, then what? im just going by the trailer that is on tera's " official " website. we don't know for sure what bhs has in store. that is why i made a post asking for an answer from someone that actually knows and not just guessing.
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    TL;DR - No.

in the near future , but what about later on this year when its time for the console version is to be released, then what? im just going by the trailer that is on tera's " official " website. we don't know for sure what bhs has in store. that is why i made a post asking for an answer from someone that actually knows and not just guessing.

The grand answer to your question is:

NOPE!
    that second trailer you shared npcpak, was awesome. i had never seen that one before. and the one trailer at the end where the popori is crawling on his belly and the monster starts ripping into his back and all...that's stuff i would love to see in tera if they added this into the game.
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    TL;DR - No.

NOPE!

and again i ask this....how do you know?
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    TL;DR - No.

NOPE!

and again i ask this....how do you know?

because...
    TL;DR - No.

If you check whats going on over on ktera, you'll know that they have the same hunting ground IoD as we do, and that wont change in the nearest future

Everything else in development is in hush hush mode until it gets announced.