[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 7/23 at 7am PDT, and have an expected downtime of approx. 4 hours. For details, visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/2Ocm9O4

is original island of dawn really returning?

Comments

• NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    and again i ask this....how do you know?

Here's a video of one of the En Masse staff being interviewed at PAX about TERA Consoles.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    so in the video, the guy with the short hair said they are planning on bring back some older content....original island of dawn is older content...so that leads me to believe even more that they are bringing back original island of dawn..thank you npcpak for sharing that with us.
  • NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    so in the video, the guy with the short hair said they are planning on bring back some older content....original island of dawn is older content...so that leads me to believe even more that they are bringing back original island of dawn..thank you npcpak for sharing that with us.

Would you mind quoting the time of when you heard that? I only heard "... bring back true action combat later this year" at 0:26 of the PAX video.
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭

So far the only old content that has ever been brought back is old dungeons, so old Island of Dawn is not confirmed with that statement from the guy with the short hair.
    i misunderstood something he said later on in the video. it was really hard to hear him. but still no official word yet if it is or isnt
  • EllieChuEllieChu ✭✭✭
    EllieChu wrote: »
    Grievuuz wrote: »
    TL;DR - No.

no? and you know this how?

Because consoles gets a copy pasted version of our current build slapped on to them. If you check whats going on over on ktera, you'll know that they have the same hunting ground IoD as we do, and that wont change in the nearest future

in the near future , but what about later on this year when its time for the console version is to be released, then what? im just going by the trailer that is on tera's " official " website. we don't know for sure what bhs has in store. that is why i made a post asking for an answer from someone that actually knows and not just guessing.

im not guessing tho. I've played this game since the game went f2p. I've seen all the trailers that EME has shoved out, and i can cleary tell when they reuse old clips from older videos, lol
    im not saying that they didn't use older clips, im asking if they are bringing it back since they are using those clips to promote it for the consoles. and if it is, will it just be for consoles seeing how they never got to experience the original island of dawn and the older content. like is there going to be 2 different versions of the game. 1 for console and 1 for pc.
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not saying that they didn't use older clips, im asking if they are bringing it back since they are using those clips to promote it for the consoles. and if it is, will it just be for consoles seeing how they never got to experience the original island of dawn and the older content. like is there going to be 2 different versions of the game. 1 for console and 1 for pc.

Looks like we're back to where we started! But just in case you missed it, here it is again:
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/140429/#Comment_140429
    who officially said that?
  • TERA console content will all be confirmed/announced/etc. in the future. There is no official word about it right now.
    Halrath wrote: »
    TERA console content will all be confirmed/announced/etc. in the future. There is no official word about it right now.

thanks halrath.
  • KillstyleKillstyle ✭✭✭
    I want to know what the "Exclusive Rewards" mentioned at 2:14 are. Guess I'll have to wait for the anniversary to find out.
  • I miss the original Island of Dawn :( Stepstone Island is boring and lame and ugly
  • Norvindr wrote: »
    I miss the original Island of Dawn :( Stepstone Island is boring and lame and ugly

Plus, it had a Tainted Gorge. I loved that place!