[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Ingame DPS meeter ?

17891012

Comments

  • edited May 2017
    > 3rd party app that serves zero purpose except to braggarts and elitists..

    What is wrong with bragging or being proud of their dps? I dont see how it is really harmful for anyone, its a natural human reaction if they are satisfied with what they are doing oO
    Cases where other players were mocked are reportedly very rare.
    And it does serve a big purpose of personal improvement. Even if you can not utilize it, a lot of other ppl do.

  • People against meters are why everyone calls millennials the everyone gets a trophy generation. Why actually try your hardest and push to succeed and compete when we can just people who are better carry the people who are worse and we just all get the trophy at the end and have ice cream.

    Like I said in a previous post meters give us data and that data makes us more knowledgeable about ourselves. the games mechanics, and those playing with us. At no time in history was having more knowledge a bad thing except apparently for some on these forums.

    There is literally one thing to do in Tera and that is run dungeons over and over and the only thing that makes that even palatable is the ability to improve and do those dungeons faster and more efficiently and dps meters make that happen.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    DeadX wrote: »
    you KNOW you're screwing up when you can't kill or your damage output is stupidly low.

    Excuse me, oh, wise one. But how do you know your damage output is "stupidly low" when you don't know how much damage you are doing or how much other people are doing or how much you are supposed to be doing?
  • MuerteDan wrote: »
    People against meters are why everyone calls millennials the everyone gets a trophy generation. Why actually try your hardest and push to succeed and compete when we can just people who are better carry the people who are worse and we just all get the trophy at the end and have ice cream.

    Like I said in a previous post meters give us data and that data makes us more knowledgeable about ourselves. the games mechanics, and those playing with us. At no time in history was having more knowledge a bad thing except apparently for some on these forums.

    There is literally one thing to do in Tera and that is run dungeons over and over and the only thing that makes that even palatable is the ability to improve and do those dungeons faster and more efficiently and dps meters make that happen.

    THIS!!!!!!! so much THIS!!!!!!
    you are RIGHT in every word!!!!
    ppl who don't agree on an official meeter are just the lazy guys who want to be carried... who don't care if someone in their party is smashing the keyboard with their face as long as the dungeon is finished in less then 2 hrs... and i bet most of them didn't do a single high end dungeon aka RMHM / HH in their life... because no one gets there with this attitude...
    At this point every counter argument cant even compete with what MuerteDan said... \
    PPl who would actually use the DPSmeeter wont harass ppl with it... cuz they DONT CARE ABOUT them.....
    the ones that rly would want that can do it already with the gear /rotations /mechanic knowledge.... which we can already SEE in game...
    THERE ALREADY ARE WAYS for PPL to harass others... another one is not going to change anything...
    THERE ARE NOT ANY OFFICIAL APROVED WAY to see ur objective contribution (as much as u can see in numbers) in a party
  • DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    DeadX wrote: »
    you KNOW you're screwing up when you can't kill or your damage output is stupidly low.

    Excuse me, oh, wise one. But how do you know your damage output is "stupidly low" when you don't know how much damage you are doing or how much other people are doing or how much you are supposed to be doing?

    when you die before you can kill something? i explained it quite clearly, and gave examples of players in game asking for help or complaining that they couldn't do something...learn to read. btw, have you ever noticed you can see your own damage? and health bars of enemies? that might be new to you but it's been a feature of the game since launch...
    MuerteDan wrote: »
    People against meters are why everyone calls millennials the everyone gets a trophy generation. Why actually try your hardest and push to succeed and compete when we can just people who are better carry the people who are worse and we just all get the trophy at the end and have ice cream.

    Like I said in a previous post meters give us data and that data makes us more knowledgeable about ourselves. the games mechanics, and those playing with us. At no time in history was having more knowledge a bad thing except apparently for some on these forums.

    There is literally one thing to do in Tera and that is run dungeons over and over and the only thing that makes that even palatable is the ability to improve and do those dungeons faster and more efficiently and dps meters make that happen.

    the only 'data' it gives you is damage...it doesn't tell you what you're doing wrong, it doesn't tell you how to move, what skill rotations, what crystals...NOTHING. lol millennials? i'm 51 kid. been gaming since pong. dps meters are pointless in this game as it's ENTIRELY based on rotations, movement and timing. you don't use a meter with a fighter like mortal kombat or GG eh? why not? because there's no POINT TO IT. it can't tell you what absolutely the most important factors in winning or damage output, knowledge of how to move, when to strike, what skill rotations, what crystals, NOTHING.

    i challenge you to the same thing i challenged the other idiot to
    take a newb and give them a meter and ZERO guidance
    take another newb and give them guidance and no meter
    which will do better? which would you rather have in your party?
    get the point?
    a meter is completely unnecessary. a third party program you have to install and provides nothing to you except a raw number...yeah...SO incredibly useful.
  • wait so we're not posting our dps meters?
    gBn4ykS.png
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeadX wrote: »
    when you die before you can kill something? i explained it quite clearly, and gave examples of players in game asking for help or complaining that they couldn't do something...learn to read. btw, have you ever noticed you can see your own damage? and health bars of enemies? that might be new to you but it's been a feature of the game since launch...

    Oh, I see, you only ever do IoD so you have no idea how party content works. That explains a lot. Go back to your corner, you can come out when you find 4 people willing to take you inside an actual dungeon.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite frankly, if I may get this crap back to topic:

    People against meters are not necessarily the ones who get carried. There were many valid points on which people battling for the highest DPS are detrimental to the party, like face tankers and people ignoring mechanics for the last bit of damage per second dealt. The whole bullying because one plays a more defensive strategy, and gets no hits at all at him but does less damage - and then the meters show this - is also valid.

    The whole point resumes in one thing tho: player.

    In my opinion at least, there are obviously advantages AND problems with the DPS meter being used. Like shown, people who just face tank and ruin runs for their own goal, instead of a proper team play, or the positives like everyone trying their hardest to get better and faster.

    So please, everyone has a view on the subject, cut that bull crap of "Meter users are elitist beatches" or "Whiners against meters are white knights/carried craps", valid points have been shown. It's up to the individual to chose if the pluses compensate the minuses or vice versa.

    Ye I know this is the Internet where calling out one's mom is proof of a big phallus but still, chill the crap out please.
  • I'll put this out there. Never have I as a party leader kicked a player for low DPS (I haven't had to kick anyone recently thank god), however, If I am a party leader, and you are being a [filtered], you are getting kicked. you get a warning, and if you do not listen to that warning, and hold up the party because of that, raid kick. my general rule is I will not give up on a run unless it has been made clear that we do not have enough DPS to clear. if that is the case I will either leave or disband the party, allowing a reroll, I will NEVER, kick a player for low DPS. mainly because I currently do not know what that looks like yet.

    HOWEVER, I can say that communication needs to happen more often, with or without DPS meters.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Bohba13 wrote: »
    HOWEVER, I can say that communication needs to happen more often, with or without DPS meters.

    Main issue here.

    Even without those tools what brings those kind of things are that some people don't want to bother to do teamwork on a dungeon. Either they prefer to kick a party member even if he is not at fault (ie. a healer kicked from party even if she was doing a good work but can't keep alive the members of the party becuase they don't know how to keep alive even for more than 10 secs) or those refusing to acknowlege their own faults and ignore their team mates when they told him how to do things better.

    Truth as you said is that lacking on how is best to reach the person you want to comunicate, is the most common thing in on-line games. Many people prefer to start their conversation with insults rather to try doing it in a kind tone which leads to an argument between party members and fanilly gotten someone kicked or the whole party disbanded.

    This is one of the things why those tools are not good when are handled as another way of harrasment and bulling. Those tools sure are great tools for min-maxers but are a double edge sword for casual players.

    So, even thought I am not in favor of unoficial 3rd party tools being used in a irresponsable way in the game, I am up for EME/BHS to adopt some treats from those tools for personal info in-game.

    Sometimes one want to compete even with ourselves and having more stats to do so are good to min-max skills.

    Lately new players are getting more troubles to get guidence throught the game and many people bash them in their faces to look over the internet what they need for improve themselves, that is not bad at all but not everyone can be autodidact and end up learning things the wrong way.

    If something can be done about it I would love if guild try to teach new players how to understand their classes before jumping on min-max things as meters.
  • DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    DeadX wrote: »
    when you die before you can kill something? i explained it quite clearly, and gave examples of players in game asking for help or complaining that they couldn't do something...learn to read. btw, have you ever noticed you can see your own damage? and health bars of enemies? that might be new to you but it's been a feature of the game since launch...

    Oh, I see, you only ever do IoD so you have no idea how party content works. That explains a lot. Go back to your corner, you can come out when you find 4 people willing to take you inside an actual dungeon.

    where did you get that ASSumption at moron? since i do party content...every class at max level and some duplicate classes with diff races...idiot says what? you keep trying and keep embarrassing yourself. no choosing to go with out right lies to try and make some kind of point.

    give it up kid. i've given multiple examples, multiple scenarios, explained quite clearly why a dps meter in this game is useless. learn to accept reality k? living in a fantasy world is no way to live. you don't have a valid point same as anyone else who tries to claim a meter is necessary or useful...well except to braggarts and elitists.

    which are you?
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeadX wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    DeadX wrote: »
    when you die before you can kill something? i explained it quite clearly, and gave examples of players in game asking for help or complaining that they couldn't do something...learn to read. btw, have you ever noticed you can see your own damage? and health bars of enemies? that might be new to you but it's been a feature of the game since launch...

    Oh, I see, you only ever do IoD so you have no idea how party content works. That explains a lot. Go back to your corner, you can come out when you find 4 people willing to take you inside an actual dungeon.

    where did you get that ASSumption at moron? since i do party content...every class at max level and some duplicate classes with diff races...idiot says what? you keep trying and keep embarrassing yourself. no choosing to go with out right lies to try and make some kind of point.

    give it up kid. i've given multiple examples, multiple scenarios, explained quite clearly why a dps meter in this game is useless. learn to accept reality k? living in a fantasy world is no way to live. you don't have a valid point same as anyone else who tries to claim a meter is necessary or useful...well except to braggarts and elitists.

    which are you?

    If you did party content, you'd know that "you die before the mob dies" is not even in the general vicinity of "ways to tell if your damage is good". And I wish you were a kid, then maybe your parents would teach you some manners. But I guess it's too late at this point. Here's a challenge for you: Make a comprehensive argument without having an insult in every sentence. Can you do it?

    I do have a valid point. You just need to be somewhat decent at this game to grasp it. But when all you are capable of doing is IoD low tier quests and think that outliving the BAMs makes you good dps, it's hard to understand how a party works or what the potential of any given class is. Now, be a good little puppy and go sit n the corner until you are ready to learn. While you are there, read "manners for Dummies 101". Until you do those things, don't show up here and spout your "informed" opinions and demonstrate how much everyone has failed you when you were a child.
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Bohba13 wrote: »
    HOWEVER, I can say that communication needs to happen more often, with or without DPS meters.

    Main issue here.

    Even without those tools what brings those kind of things are that some people don't want to bother to do teamwork on a dungeon. Either they prefer to kick a party member even if he is not at fault (ie. a healer kicked from party even if she was doing a good work but can't keep alive the members of the party becuase they don't know how to keep alive even for more than 10 secs) or those refusing to acknowlege their own faults and ignore their team mates when they told him how to do things better.

    Truth as you said is that lacking on how is best to reach the person you want to comunicate, is the most common thing in on-line games. Many people prefer to start their conversation with insults rather to try doing it in a kind tone which leads to an argument between party members and fanilly gotten someone kicked or the whole party disbanded.

    This is one of the things why those tools are not good when are handled as another way of harrasment and bulling. Those tools sure are great tools for min-maxers but are a double edge sword for casual players.

    So, even thought I am not in favor of unoficial 3rd party tools being used in a irresponsable way in the game, I am up for EME/BHS to adopt some treats from those tools for personal info in-game.

    Sometimes one want to compete even with ourselves and having more stats to do so are good to min-max skills.

    Lately new players are getting more troubles to get guidence throught the game and many people bash them in their faces to look over the internet what they need for improve themselves, that is not bad at all but not everyone can be autodidact and end up learning things the wrong way.

    If something can be done about it I would love if guild try to teach new players how to understand their classes before jumping on min-max things as meters.

    This is why a not in-game dps meter is the best option.
    Casual players don't install it, they don't harrass each other with it because they never bothered to install it in the first place.
    Or if they did harrass others they can be banned or the distribution should come with a warning so they know.
    While those who are interested in every detail and want to analyze their fights and wants to min-max can install and use it, but they still are not allowed to harrass others.

    The only thing we need here is EME/BHS drawing the lines or officially introducing a dps meter as a game add-on, not something that comes with it.
    Or continuing what they did so far, keep quiet about it, ban harrassers and do nothing about users who use it for their own purpose. It results in the same outcome.

    Other problem is that they discontinued in-game reporting, yes it prevents people abusing it and reporting each other over nothing, but many many real harrassers and botters are left running around.
    People use reporting as an avanging tool and thats why exploits and real problems in this game are unnoticed by EME... but I guess its just an other problem of this game.
    They expect us to behave like adults, while knowing the community can't, not bashing EME, not using tools for our own improvement yet they never bother to read bug reports or take necessary actions against players who harrass others and are generally toxic for the community. :shrug:
  • Okay, it's been said multiple times but here I am going to reiterate it again. First off Third party programs were specifically said to be bannable offenses . In the terms of agreement. That you all accepted and clicked "I agree to these rules."in the first place. So people getting bent out of shape over "muh DPS recount removal."

    Should honestly get over it because it was never allowed in the first freaking place. Yet, you people sighned the contract for the agreement saying, " I abide by these rules . I understand them and understand if I should break them I can be reprimanded for it." It's in the fine print in the contract that you hit yes to twice that "I agree to follow these rules." You hit yes you agreed now deal with it.


    2nd point Just because a few GM's turned a blind eye to it and went like " oh that's fine." Know that if they were actually following the contract as it should be and did not use their own personal beleif or ideaology or thoughts on the matter. Most of you who use third party programs such as injectors, DPS recount and other things such as mods. Would probably have been banned ages ago.

    But do to the fact the GM's are human and they decided "well that's too harsh." Or simply did not care You're still here. Noesis is cleaning up the mistakes of those who said "yep you're okay because I say so." So those Trying to argue " a GM said it was okay." Should know they probably said it's okay because they personally thought it was okay.. or their law was stupid and you as a player should not be punished for it. It is not because the law said "It's a okay!"

    A GM has that power to make that choice. Which at the end of the day brings up some really interesting and philosophical topics and idea's which can be argued for and against.

    But for now you hit agree to it you accepted it and now they are cracking down on it. Some of you are arguing "we the players make the game listen to us you bastards!" Well I hate to tell you. Which, I very well know this whole post is causing some of you to bubble with rage. But here's the thing. no no you do not

    You did not program Tera, you did not start the company, you did not get the BHS's approval to publish it you didn't invest money into it. And I'm fairly certain none of you own any part of it being as it's a private company..

    You merely play it you are a customer.a customer in a free to play MMORPG. designed to get profit through people buying items and playing a game.

    You are legally not entitled to anything. Enmasse and BHS own tera. By that right since you made the ac and agreed to it they own all your characters,all your costumes your mounts,your gold, your gear,your very right to play the game.

    Thus they could do whatever they pleased with your account, and whatever exists on it. You are not entitled to anything you have no freedom and you do not own anything that exists in the game. Nothing.

    You also don't get to make the rules you merely agreed to and accept them. As much as that sucks... Remember key thing here you said yes to this. You gave them your consent whether you knew it or you didn't. Only they can change the policy and rules and in order to do that they'd have to ask BHS to work up and entirely new contract.

    I don't see that happening do you?
  • On the topic of argument for and against recount? Yes it does have both good and bad arguments for why it should exist but at the end if the day the contract says "any and all 3rd person programs." Recount should not be excluded from this clause simply because people wish it to be or it has helped people. A law is a law and what the law says is it's not legal to use said program.
Sign In or Register to comment.