[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Less Lag Confirmed

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glac wrote: »
    MaelSlayer wrote: »
    I don't wanna seem a buzzkill Glac I really like that picture especially those 3 minions remind me cute paporis but i can confirm velika, highwatch , the global chat and my server mount tyrannas was as populated as always during all that thingy you call boycott ,therefore what you suggest with that picture is simply not true

Those hanging out in Highwatch, Velika, and spamming Global chat probably aren't doing anything that would cause any type of latency anyhow. Glad you counted those you see to determine server load.

While I am not saying the theory on the boycott being a lightened server load causing the less lag is 100% true, what I am saying is that it is the strongest possibility, seeing that there have been no launcher game updates today and no announcements of any type of latency fix. By default, you have to credit it to a lightened load. Pulling any other theory out of thin air is just silly.

Sadly for you, the people participating in the boycott are not that happy with how is it going, and most are that people like you aren't helping them at all.

If those who agree with the devs and players in the boycott would stop making personal attacks or derailing threads, and even making multi accounts to harrass other users, that would have helped them a lot, but becuase of many people trolling on forums claiming being part or siding with them many people let things go as always and ignored the whole objective of the boycott.

Hope the people siding with the devs give a thought about not being the same as this time so your claims can be taken seriously. I insist that their are not being helped with the attitude of many people breaking havoc on forums.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    A good question to ask is, why does a large majority group need forum alt accounts to agree with themselves?
  • nhatnhat ✭✭
    Being in game it's the same like always, global still spewing out memes, getting the same rate for queues and bit less lag now
  • Cankizu what I don't understand is why you arent happy as well If they didn't accomodate the players by that time they are doing it now,
    About what you mention that was popular for too long and you know it and during HH and valkyrie what you really experienced was a massive creation of chars simultaneously and using what you mention causing a server havoc
    So let me tell you what happened in a clear way for you all to understand once and for all, EME didn't want to do this, EME didin't want to risk to lose any players EME didn't want to ban anyone but you guys forced their hand making the situation unbareable for us all so they had no choice cause all was getting unplayable,
    Anyone still don't get it , doubts? Don't worry i'll explain again in a way easy to understand.
    Let's do a little sesame street here ... Imagine a car , Me and you and 3 people (a total of 5) driving peacefully down the road all is good all is fine but.. suddenly those 3 people in the back seats decide to drink a potion and become baby kumas , what would you think it would happen? hmm Poor car can barely move now.. Correct!
    And that isn't all cause 2 of the kumas farted and me and you wich didn't turn into anything are suffocating because of them.

Let's go back to the topic The Lag decreased I can confirm it I was and im There.
    edited May 2017
    nhat wrote: »
    Being in game it's the same like always, global still spewing out memes, getting the same rate for queues and bit less lag now

Then HH is the real issue for the lag since it arrived to NA?

Edit: Confirmed, HH is the Dreamstorm 3.0 |0|
  • FulzoidFulzoid ✭✭✭
    > @ElinLove said:
    > lemme make it easy for you to understand:
    > They scared out the injector users and scripters = less lag.
    > Population stays the same, sorry to burst your bubble on the so called huge gigantic astronomical event

1st, people sees it as a challenge, most modders loaded more, started to post it publicly. So far, only 5 bans were confirmed... You say to stop being delusionnal... Please be aware of facts. People aren't scared, they putting effort into making it change. I'm just sad that people like you will be able to enjoy the changes we'll make happen, while all you do is bitc-hing on forum against who actually do effort, sacrefice themselves for the community...
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz ✭✭✭
    Pfffttt... Boycott...

You all in the boycott may be the ants but Tera isn't going to play the rubber tree plant for you. Your high hopes will amount to nothing.

Then again, if your boycott by some twist of circumstance led to less lag for Tera players not on your pointless crusade, by all means continue to support the rest of the community with your absence.
  • FulzoidFulzoid ✭✭✭
    > @KnightFalz said:
    > Pfffttt... Boycott...
    >
    > You all in the boycott may be the ants but Tera isn't going to play the rubber tree plant for you. Your high hopes will amount to nothing.
    >
    > Then again, if your boycott by some twist of circumstance led to less lag for Tera players not on your pointless crusade, by all means continue to support the rest of the community with your absence.

Sorry to hear that you're hopeless. Anyhow, 12 hours yet, and you keep telling us "it won't work". Keep your encouragement for yourself. I pity you, really... Plans get bigger, if wallet isn't enough, we'll strike on the name. That's the very next step, so for the 4th time, stay in your corner, and watch it happen.
    Noctiv wrote: »
    It's good that the lag has decreased for someone, but I had trouble mounting and de-mounting doing IOD. I also spent 5 seconds trying to pick up a keen mote. Unfortunate.

True enought, there are some issues for several players that need to be fixed and that is the sad thing about the boycott not doing great.

They were unorganizated and making this boycott out of a rage/whimp and not thinking calm about the best course of action to take.

The boycott was asked to the users having almost no time to prepare for that. This king of things need to be done with calm and thinking throught every single posibility.

If the first day of the boycott brind us to see vx7PI99.jpg that the population is the same with or without them then the points claiming the end-game user comunity that they were represented was a tiny fraction holds a lot of meaning.

Medium population is what I got after loggin in on all servers throught all day on the same hours that I am always on-line.

This game will be as lively for those who thinks is it and this game will be as death for those who thinks is it. Truth is that the first day of the boycott has no impact on most of players log-in and playing the game as intended.
  • canikizucanikizu ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    MaelSlayer wrote: »
    Cankizu what I don't understand is why you arent happy as well If they didn't accomodate the players by that time they are doing it now,
    About what you mention that was popular for too long and you know it and during HH and valkyrie what you really experienced was a massive creation of chars simultaneously and using what you mention causing a server havoc
    So let me tell you what happened in a clear way for you all to understand once and for all, EME didn't want to do this, EME didin't want to risk to lose any players EME didn't want to ban anyone but you guys forced their hand making the situation unbareable for us all so they had no choice cause all was getting unplayable,
    Anyone still don't get it , doubts? Don't worry i'll explain again in a way easy to understand.
    Let's do a little sesame street here ... Imagine a car , Me and you and 3 people (a total of 5) driving peacefully down the road all is good all is fine but.. suddenly those 3 people in the back seats decide to drink a potion and become baby kumas , what would you think it would happen? hmm Poor car can barely move now.. Correct!
    And that isn't all cause 2 of the kumas farted and me and you wich didn't turn into anything are suffocating because of them.

Let's go back to the topic The Lag decreased I can confirm it I was and im There.

What are they doing now though? All i see they are doing is banning people, not fixing server. I still have server lag spike since the announcement of banning people was made. I still have hard spikes in yesterday RMHM, hell even IoD bams teleporting and charging to nowhere everyday.

I've been playing the games through multiple dungeon release patches, multiple class release patches since gunners. This is not the server havoc and temporary spikes we used to experience and speak of. It's clearly server couldnt handle the population.

Not talking about banning/leaving/scripting, I hope people just look at the situation and admit that EME has been neglecting with the server optimization and upgrading, and they still dared to say somethingl ike this https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/102078/#Comment_102078 .

For example, if everybody were angels and don't script/cheat/hack and still play the game RIGHT NOW, do you think you would experience less lag? or you would still get the same lag spike like every single day before today? I'm not talking about the moral of scripting/hacking, that's another problem, another thread, I'm talking about server overloading issue which has been around for a while and EME shows no sign of fixing.

I don't get your analogy at all btw, still trying to figure out what is what.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz ✭✭✭
    Fulzoid wrote: »
    > @KnightFalz said:
    > Pfffttt... Boycott...
    >
    > You all in the boycott may be the ants but Tera isn't going to play the rubber tree plant for you. Your high hopes will amount to nothing.
    >
    > Then again, if your boycott by some twist of circumstance led to less lag for Tera players not on your pointless crusade, by all means continue to support the rest of the community with your absence.

Sorry to hear that you're hopeless. Anyhow, 12 hours yet, and you keep telling us "it won't work". Keep your encouragement for yourself. I pity you, really... Plans get bigger, if wallet isn't enough, we'll strike on the name. That's the very next step, so for the 4th time, stay in your corner, and watch it happen.

Heh. If you keep your campaign at this calibere I'll watch as it happens alright. I'll watch it crash and burn just as I have every other immature foot-stomping, corner-pouting, tantrum throwing attempt to affect an MMORPG company has in the past.

If you want a chance to succeed you are going to have to elevate your approach and demeanour. Otherwise you'll never appeal to a large enough group so that your movement can grow to a size where it might have an impact.
    > @KnightFalz said:
    > Pfffttt... Boycott...
    >
    >

And this is the kind of post that won't help at all to the boycott, you are only lossing face making claims as some kind of delincuent, it seems that if no more people are joining your cause you will resort now to "threats and unethycal actions".

You are making clear that you are not making the boycott for the mayority of players on Tera but for personal gains on the matter that 3rd party tools are the main issue.

If you claim to make that boycott for the player comunity you should delete the point about 3rd party software and focus on the points to bring optimization on Tera.

Even now most of the players don't care about your boycott but you either way want to force your ways in a private bussiness as if that was some kind of communist society. It is not, is a bussinees with honests happy customers and angry customers and the most annoying thing for a happy honest customer is when an angry customer try to make some kind of harm to the services he get from their provider.

EME provides entertainment for many ppl if you are bored with what EME is offering you then go away, there are lots of options out there, however you are resorting to try to get to decided how things must be done when you are not anything but a customer. EME nor BHS are impeding you to go away nor they are forcing you to be in the game but you all are trying to force your ways and claim to have no selfinterest on them.

You are really sad and you are only losing posible simpatizants with your way of doing things.
  • LessiemLessiem ✭✭✭
    Can confirm, no lag at all:
    1zx5thc.png
    giphy.gif
  • TeajTeaj ✭✭
    it's still laggy AF. And I never heard about anyone getting banned beside the dev M, dev P, dev B. or w/e their names are.
  • FulzoidFulzoid ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    > @KnightFalz said:
    > Pfffttt... Boycott...
    >
    >

And this is the kind of post that won't help at all to the boycott, you are only lossing face making claims as some kind of delincuent, it seems that if no more people are joining your cause you will resort now to "threats and unethycal actions".

You are making clear that you are not making the boycott for the mayority of players on Tera but for personal gains on the matter that 3rd party tools are the main issue.

If you claim to make that boycott for the player comunity you should delete the point about 3rd party software and focus on the points to bring optimization on Tera.

Even now most of the players don't care about your boycott but you either way want to force your ways in a private bussiness as if that was some kind of communist society. It is not, is a bussinees with honests happy customers and angry customers and the most annoying thing for a happy honest customer is when an angry customer try to make some kind of harm to the services he get from their provider.

EME provides entertainment for many ppl if you are bored with what EME is offering you then go away, there are lots of options out there, however you are resorting to try to get to decided how things must be done when you are not anything but a customer. EME nor BHS are impeding you to go away nor they are forcing you to be in the game but you all are trying to force your ways and claim to have no selfinterest on them.

You are really sad and you are only losing posible simpatizants with your way of doing things.

So much assumption. I use no mods at all nor losing the face. We had top 3 days to prepare something and we did great. Now, leading a group through success will require more than 12 hours. People have so many false ideas that, for example, boycott happenning on day 1 will have any effect on a publisher. My post litterally said that his negativism harrassment wasn't welcome nor needed. IF people actually notice less lag, it means the boycott is actually working. Enough people are offline to make the selfish one enjoy their playtime. (Here speaking of selfish one being those who [filtered] on forum against the boycott group, but deeply wish it succeed but refuse to lose game time).

As any movements, we start on step 1, then step 2 and it goes on. Many ideas have been brought to us, from people supporting us either by giving us their support, or actually being part of the boycott itself. EVERYBODY has the right to choose if they wish to boycott or not, if you're in game but not buying Elite/EMP, you're sort of in that movement. All my dedicated EMP vendor agreed to wait, but they're still playing. Here, we talking of 200-300$ daily that has stoped, waiting for me to comeback. I didn't expect EME to show up on first day of boycott either, fact is, they gotta prepare on their side. I hope they start a dialog within the first 4 days (half way through first week), so things can be fixed without so much dmg on either side.

I claim to make that boycott for the player community, my very thread is still up, and I point that out very clearly, I don't agree with many mods. "Most players" care about their game, I've spoke with A LOT of people, and I can easily classify them in 5 category:
    1: Boycott group, that wish to make thing change.
    2: The supporters
    3: Clueless people about current situation (dunno what/why/how)
    4: These against the boycott
    5: The trolls.

Miss information about the subject comes obviously from group #5 and that's the group that should remain in a corner, since we're mostly doing it for them. As for the clueless people, either cuz they careless about the situation and just wanna play the game peacefully, or cuz they've read the trolls post that get deleted/closed everydays...
This discussion has been closed.