[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

is original island of dawn really returning?

13»

Comments

• allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Halrath were you working on the storyline during the time on the second video that npcpak has listed? the bodies floating in the water and abandoned boats...that is so cool. I would love to see that stuff in the game. then tht popori getting mauled while he is face down by that monster.
  • KillstyleKillstyle ✭✭✭
    Norvindr wrote: »
    I miss the original Island of Dawn :( Stepstone Island is boring and lame and ugly

I agree. I prefer the old Island of Dawn to the new starting area. And the new Island of Dawn is a blasphemest monster. I do love that there are Island of Dawn achievements though that hint at the past.
  • NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    I miss the old content TERA used to have early in the game, I really do... but I'm happy with what I got. I want to enjoy the moments I have playing TERA before it's gone, you know?
  • Halrath wrote: »
    I miss the original Island of Dawn :( Stepstone Island is boring and lame and ugly

Plus, it had a Tainted Gorge. I loved that place!

I loved the whole Island! It was so pretty and fun. Could there be a way to switch IoD back to the starting Island and make Stepstone Island into what Island of Dawn is now? xD And bring back the FULL Island of Dawn?! D: This stream-lined stuff is making Tera so boring and you don't get to experience the game anymore as a new player.
  • Norvindr wrote: »
    Halrath wrote: »

I loved the whole Island! It was so pretty and fun. Could there be a way to switch IoD back to the starting Island and make Stepstone Island into what Island of Dawn is now? xD And bring back the FULL Island of Dawn?! D: This stream-lined stuff is making Tera so boring and you don't get to experience the game anymore as a new player.

Probably not. Sorry. I appreciate your perspective, and I loved the old content, but games evolve. It would be fun to have a time-travel mode, though. I'll add it to my wishlist.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not. Sorry. I appreciate your perspective, and I loved the old content, but games evolve. It would be fun to have a time-travel mode, though. I'll add it to my wishlist.

Hey Halrath.

Could we have some kind of feedback to know if BHS would willingly to develop starting areas for every class and adding the previous IoD as one for the original classes?

Won't you think that could be really cool?
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    NPCPak wrote: »
    I believe that the trailer was just taking pieces from multiple promotions and cut-scenes they had for TERA and slapped it together. If you look up a couple of promotional trailers for TERA, you will notice that the console trailer is just a bunch of clips they've gathered. Even looking at it now, they even took a promotional video from beta and shoved it into the console trailer... I don't think they will ever bring back the Island of Dawn, but maybe one day.

That's what I was thinking unfortunately
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

Hey Halrath.

Could we have some kind of feedback to know if BHS would willingly to develop starting areas for every class and adding the previous IoD as one for the original classes?

Won't you think that could be really cool?

That'd be AWESOME!!! Kinda like they have a backstory for the valk

Almost all my chars will be the same class XD
  • Halrath wrote: »

The game devolved when BAMs became worthless. Grinding on BAMs for argon essence back in the day and actually getting money from monsters was a great way to reward the people who would grind. Now it's do 10 dailies and log off for the day pretty much.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭

The game devolved when BAMs became worthless. Grinding on BAMs for argon essence back in the day and actually getting money from monsters was a great way to reward the people who would grind. Now it's do 10 dailies and log off for the day pretty much.

its sad to say but its the truth. I log in, do my 10 each bams, run arcane, try for maybe an achievement and then log off. back when iod was still here, I could sit there all day and never get bored. I helped new people, giving them advice from what I knew, basically the basics. I don't see why iod couldn't be back in, poro elinu for reapers is in the game with regular non damged one. just make it to where if you go to new iod you use your vanguard thing or a teleporter, and let people fly or whatever to original iod , or code it in like when we would leave the alliance hall to go to the alliance territory and have a list to where and which one you want to go to.
    too much lore has been lost over the past year or 2. you leave stepstone and see sameal, he talks about what you did on iod....well I didn't do anything lately on iod lol. it messes up the story. have step stone a place to go to right before you fight sameal near cut throat harbor, and you start back in iod like before. then it would make more sense.
    what do you think halrath? since you were here in the beginning and worked on the story.
  • I remember the days when i saw the guild's flying castle when i flew to velika.