[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 1/28 at 8:00am, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

The boycott is a myth

Those same people who said they won't play today, all got on for x2 battleground annnnnddd played today. Don't kid yourself with the boycott nonsense.

Comments

• I am a member of 3 guilds with mean online 30-40+ i did not boycott as other players and i logged in for ~30 mins for daily reward and saw just 3 members! the wots online for that guild that i have ever seen. I relogged to my other char there i saw the same story. The third guild had noone online, moreover LFG was just with one run
  • MinimanaMinimana ✭✭✭
    There was a boycott? lol didnt even notice.
  • W7GNYAP55AW7GNYAP55A ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I don't think those players understand how a real boycott works. Not logging on one day doesn't do anything.
  • SemetalSemetal ✭✭
    Have you guys been in Highwatch or looked at the LFG?
    Could just be the time at which i was online, but even then there were very few people around compared to how many people are normaly around.
    In short: It's not that the entire playerbase boycotted the game, but some definitely did. Not as many as some people want you to believe, not as few as others want you to think.
  • SeikilosSeikilos ✭✭✭
    Minimana wrote: »
    There was a boycott? lol didnt even notice.

Same here.

I didn't hear anything about a boycott.

But what's so important to drive people to boycott the game???

(on a sidenote do people really think that a boycott would work? i mean there have been server merges which signifies the population problem. of this little population we have a % speaks a foreign language, be it spanish,rushian, etc, so they wouldn't even notice, another % is underage that probs don't even know what boycott means, another % doesn't even care, which leaves us with an even lower % that would actively take part in such a thing and from that % some didn't even hear a thing. So this means that an even lower %, if any, really took part in this boycott. the population is too diverse to unite it for a common cause. heck, yesterday i almost got wiped on demokron factory normal mode while trying to do an achievement, that says it all.)
  • RolyRoly ✭✭
    That boycott was unsuccessful hahahaha!!!.... why ain't surprise losers?
  • Ain't ain't a word
  • Jordansb1Jordansb1 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Umm...do you even have any evidence of it "being a myth"? I know I'm doing it, and people in my guild are doing it. Looking at the steam charts (which isn't an accurate representation of the TERA community, but it's the only information out there) looking at the average population every day in the previous week (after valk release that is) the playercount has dropped roughly 200-400 players. That's about 20% of the population.

This of course doesn't mean that all of those players are boycotting, maybe they just couldn't make it on that day, but that's why we're monitoring the data as it comes out; we want to see if the population had any kind of noticeable drop.

Please do some research before calling things a myth. Not trying to flame, just presenting a constructive argument.
  • Jordansb1Jordansb1 ✭✭✭
    Wolf315 wrote: »
    Actually, there were 200-700 less players online compared to the respective times of last weeks monday/tuesday http://steamcharts.com/app/323370#1m

Yes these are only the numbers from Steam so it does not show the full playerbase of Tera NA but a 20-30% loss of players on steam is definitely significant.

how did you and I post the exact same thing at the exact same time? :P
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a myth, there are players in fact doing the boycott and hence it's a fact.

It's just small and useless
  • I don't care tbh.It looks "dead" to me still with or without boycott. Probably because end of patch.
    Wolf315 wrote: »
    Actually, there were 200-700 less players online compared to the respective times of last weeks monday/tuesday http://steamcharts.com/app/323370#1m

Yes these are only the numbers from Steam so it does not show the full playerbase of Tera NA but a 20-30% loss of players on steam is definitely significant.

You forgot to factor in exam dates for most universities, colleges, summer vacations starting, longer work hours due to no school, maintenance, players not wanting to try other new games, people getting old, lack of events, etc...

When new dungeon and events come about Tera, and summer is on the way. Then you can measure rather or not some sort of boycott will work and how much percentage of players will drop off. Until then, most of those numbers you're posting is just random numbers that fluctuates up and down and has no real correlation with the "boycott."
    Jordansb1 wrote: »
    Umm...do you even have any evidence of it "being a myth"? I know I'm doing it, and people in my guild are doing it. Looking at the steam charts (which isn't an accurate representation of the TERA community, but it's the only information out there) looking at the average population every day in the previous week (after valk release that is) the playercount has dropped roughly 200-400 players. That's about 20% of the population.

This of course doesn't mean that all of those players are boycotting, maybe they just couldn't make it on that day, but that's why we're monitoring the data as it comes out; we want to see if the population had any kind of noticeable drop.

Please do some research before calling things a myth. Not trying to flame, just presenting a constructive argument.

Haha. Laughable. You really think not logging on for one day, let alone one month will actually do anything? Somebody ought to teach you guys how boycott actually works and what makes it successful.
  • I just returned to Tera 2 weeks ago, after an extended 1 and 1/2 year break. The triple drop event was terrible in regards to latency and bad mannered players. Global chat was full of players bad mouthing one another. EME dropped a bomb on people with the removal of players using third party programs. After much tantrum throwing and an eventual "boycott" idea this is what I noticed.

There were more people in the guild I have been in logged in on a Monday then there has ever been, veterans and new players alike. I had the best ping I have ever experienced in Tera, ever. Global chat was used far less to degrade people and talk about "non Tera things" then I have ever seen it. Each and every level 65 dungeon I did were cleared without any complaints of bad DPS/Tanking/Healing. People just wanted to clear the dungeons. No reports of insignificant damage meter numbers in any dungeon.

My opinion, EME did something right with the stance on the third party software. It was probably an issue that was a long time coming. Those players that boycott the game in response to EME stance on 3rd party were the part of the community, again from what I can see, that make the game worse for other. No please, if you can extend the boycott indefinitely the community in Tera can recover to what it should be, and not what it became. Thank you.
  • W7GNYAP55A wrote: »
    Haha. Laughable. You really think not logging on for one day, let alone one month will actually do anything? Somebody ought to teach you guys how boycott actually works and what makes it successful.
    If it fails the scripters win, EME loses and the community loses. I don't really want that outcome.
    Nathynn wrote: »
    I just returned to Tera 2 weeks ago, after an extended 1 and 1/2 year break. The triple drop event was terrible in regards to latency and bad mannered players. Global chat was full of players bad mouthing one another. EME dropped a bomb on people with the removal of players using third party programs. After much tantrum throwing and an eventual "boycott" idea this is what I noticed.

There were more people in the guild I have been in logged in on a Monday then there has ever been, veterans and new players alike. I had the best ping I have ever experienced in Tera, ever. Global chat was used far less to degrade people and talk about "non Tera things" then I have ever seen it. Each and every level 65 dungeon I did were cleared without any complaints of bad DPS/Tanking/Healing. People just wanted to clear the dungeons. No reports of insignificant damage meter numbers in any dungeon.

My opinion, EME did something right with the stance on the third party software. It was probably an issue that was a long time coming. Those players that boycott the game in response to EME stance on 3rd party were the part of the community, again from what I can see, that make the game worse for other. No please, if you can extend the boycott indefinitely the community in Tera can recover to what it should be, and not what it became. Thank you.

Totally agree.
This discussion has been closed.