[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Ingame DPS meeter ?

1789101113»

Comments

• SemetalSemetal ✭✭
    4R6HK4PK76 wrote: »
    Okay, it's been said multiple times but here I am going to reiterate it again. First off Third party programs were specifically said to be bannable offenses . In the terms of agreement. That you all accepted and clicked "I agree to these rules."in the first place. So people getting bent out of shape over "muh DPS recount removal."

Should honestly get over it because it was never allowed in the first freaking place. Yet, you people sighned the contract for the agreement saying, " I abide by these rules . I understand them and understand if I should break them I can be reprimanded for it." It's in the fine print in the contract that you hit yes to twice that "I agree to follow these rules." You hit yes you agreed now deal with it.
    Ok, let's clear that one up. When the DPS Meters initially came out there was this whole discussion about it and eventually we got an answer by a GM, saying that they will not ban players for just using a DPS Meter, as long as they are not used to harras other players and that enmasse is not responsible if you encounter any problems due to the DPS Meter as they haven't tested it.
    So basically: use on your own risk and don't be mean, but just utilising it is fine.
    That was their official stance, which btw under their ToS they should have never made that statement to begin with.
    Thats why people are freaking out
  • 4R6HK4PK76 wrote: »
    Okay, it's been said multiple times but here I am going to reiterate it again. First off Third party programs were specifically said to be bannable offenses . In the terms of agreement. That you all accepted and clicked "I agree to these rules."in the first place. So people getting bent out of shape over "muh DPS recount removal."

Should honestly get over it because it was never allowed in the first freaking place. Yet, you people sighned the contract for the agreement saying, " I abide by these rules . I understand them and understand if I should break them I can be reprimanded for it." It's in the fine print in the contract that you hit yes to twice that "I agree to follow these rules." You hit yes you agreed now deal with it.

2nd point Just because a few GM's turned a blind eye to it and went like " oh that's fine." Know that if they were actually following the contract as it should be and did not use their own personal beleif or ideaology or thoughts on the matter. Most of you who use third party programs such as injectors, DPS recount and other things such as mods. Would probably have been banned ages ago.

But do to the fact the GM's are human and they decided "well that's too harsh." Or simply did not care You're still here. Noesis is cleaning up the mistakes of those who said "yep you're okay because I say so." So those Trying to argue " a GM said it was okay." Should know they probably said it's okay because they personally thought it was okay.. or their law was stupid and you as a player should not be punished for it. It is not because the law said "It's a okay!"

A GM has that power to make that choice. Which at the end of the day brings up some really interesting and philosophical topics and idea's which can be argued for and against.

But for now you hit agree to it you accepted it and now they are cracking down on it. Some of you are arguing "we the players make the game listen to us you bastards!" Well I hate to tell you. Which, I very well know this whole post is causing some of you to bubble with rage. But here's the thing. no no you do not

You did not program Tera, you did not start the company, you did not get the BHS's approval to publish it you didn't invest money into it. And I'm fairly certain none of you own any part of it being as it's a private company..

You merely play it you are a customer.a customer in a free to play MMORPG. designed to get profit through people buying items and playing a game.

You are legally not entitled to anything. Enmasse and BHS own tera. By that right since you made the ac and agreed to it they own all your characters,all your costumes your mounts,your gold, your gear,your very right to play the game.

Thus they could do whatever they pleased with your account, and whatever exists on it. You are not entitled to anything you have no freedom and you do not own anything that exists in the game. Nothing.

You also don't get to make the rules you merely agreed to and accept them. As much as that sucks... Remember key thing here you said yes to this. You gave them your consent whether you knew it or you didn't. Only they can change the policy and rules and in order to do that they'd have to ask BHS to work up and entirely new contract.

I don't see that happening do you?

i dont think you get the purpuse of this thread.... we(atleast i ...) never questioned the rules...never sugested to change them.. these are perfectly fine.... but dont you think there is a reason why dps meeters existed for so long and EME didnt ban anyone for them untill now?... they saw the purpuse of it...
    so now that ppl got to use other 3rd party softwares that affect the game and give ppl ilegit advantages they started banning ppl (or atleast threatening that they will ).
    i dont think anyone who posted here are defending the ppl that used injectors and other softwares that affect the game .
    afaik the DPSmeeters that u find on sites allways mention that the tool is ilegal and that YOU take all the risks by using them.

We just suggest adding a feature to that game, a feature that is already in a lot of MMORPGs and that would :
    - make a big part of the comunity more happy
    - make less ppl using 3rd party softwares
    - give EME free hand on banning anyone who using anything that affects the game without second thoughts (so yeah that would actually help them respect the contract easily)
    - end a lot of the controversy in this comunity
    - make the game more enjoyable in the high-endgame phase

Have a good day! :).
  • edited May 2017
    Who was the GM that made that statement? I'm sorry to say if they just made that statement without freaking thinking then he deserves to be fired and someone else has to go back and tell the whole tera community "sorry guys I/he/she [filtered] up this is the official rule it has not changed. If you have ant 3rd device programs please get rid of them and if you don't starting on this day we will be handing out bans to players who refused to listen."
  • DeadX wrote: »
    the only 'data' it gives you is damage...it doesn't tell you what you're doing wrong, it doesn't tell you how to move, what skill rotations, what crystals...NOTHING. lol millennials? i'm 51 kid. been gaming since pong. dps meters are pointless in this game as it's ENTIRELY based on rotations, movement and timing. you don't use a meter with a fighter like mortal kombat or GG eh? why not? because there's no POINT TO IT. it can't tell you what absolutely the most important factors in winning or damage output, knowledge of how to move, when to strike, what skill rotations, what crystals, NOTHING.

i challenge you to the same thing i challenged the other idiot to
    take a newb and give them a meter and ZERO guidance
    take another newb and give them guidance and no meter
    which will do better? which would you rather have in your party?
    get the point?
    a meter is completely unnecessary. a third party program you have to install and provides nothing to you except a raw number...yeah...SO incredibly useful.

As spoken by someone who doesn't know what you can do with a number. And comparing TERA PvE to fighters ? Get real.

For the sake of entertaining your question, I'd rather have the newb without guidance using a meter, because this newb has the ability to see the hard numbers on how he's performing. This enables him to experiment, see the changes in his performance, improve, and eventually reach a conclusion as to which build/style performs the best, with the numbers to back up his findings. While he may not have the information from the get go, this newb is able to find out as a fact 1) which rotation is the most optimal, 2) which glyphs to use, and 3) which crystals provide the most DPS.

The newb with guidance, on the other hand ? He's blindly trusting his guidance. What else can he do ? Someone told him "this is what you should do," and that's what he'll do. He doesn't have a chance to improve on his own because he can't see how he's actually performing. Sure, he might try experimenting a bit, but without a DPS meter he won't be able to tell whether his experimenting is beneficial or not. Now, get this: This guy has no way of knowing which skill rotation is the most optimal, which crystals provide the most DPS, or which glyphs suit his class the best.
    Now, you might say that whoever giving this new all this guidance has already worked out what's best. But if they're not using DPS meters either, how would they know ? They have no info to back up their claims either.

You're right that a DPS meter gives you a raw number. And it happens to be that this raw number is all that is needed to learn what's going on. By observing this number, one can learn how any given class works and how to play it well.
    An ingame meter wouldn't need to show anything more than one's own DPS, though more advanced information such as crit rate, damage percentages for each skill, and suchlike, is quite welcome as well.

So, does a DPS meter tell you what you're doing wrong ? No, not exactly. Not directly, at least. It doesn't throw "stop using MP regen crystals" in your face. But given the information it provides, you can use it to figure out what you're doing wrong. At least assuming that what you're doing wrong is related to skills, glyph builds, and crystals, as opposed to standing in stupid [filtered].
    It also doesn't tell you how or when to move. The game already does that, so why would it ? This isn't the purpose of a DPS meter in the first place. That's stupid.

Bottom line is, a DPS meter is a tool, and the number it provides changes everything. For the better. Provided you have the mental capacity to use it.