[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance for EU servers at 2:00 UTC. We will be entering into maintenance for NA servers at 1:00 AM PDT. We appreciate your understanding, and ask that you plan accordingly.

Letter to EME

Let's start a friendly conversation.

First I would like to approach EME about problems in TERA.

Have you ever wondered why players are looking for additional programs to play TERA? Why the DPS METER? Why PROXY?

I have the answer: TERA is an international game, yes, the gaming community is split between Latinos, Europeans and North Americans, because the game is interesting, however, because of the server location the ping difference is too great for anyone Lives in the US and who lives in other countries.

The DPS METER: As we are talking about an MMO - Massive Multiplayers Online, we are facing several players who are looking for a dispute between themselves, often in the PVE to see who is really "strong hit".

Why the boycott attempt?

Because we are tired of posting, suggesting and not knowing if BHS will at least listen to the suggestions, unfortunately we are facing a terrible developer, forgive me the criticism, but it is the only company I know that does not listen to its customers. Yes we are all customers of EME and BHS, we allocate time to the game for fun and if you tell me that you do not spend real money buying EMP, I will say that players who do not spend or have money for it are just as important.

Anyway, I have seen that a board is going to be created, this board has to be impartial and have to really think about events that are attractive.

We would like you to understand, because players use certain programs to play better, which is the only thing they want. I still dream of playing with a ping with at least 100ms is not possible at the moment but still dream about it. I would like the game to be optimized, I would like the game to have pvp event in the open world, I would like at least to be heard.

thanks for listening

Knouer

Comments

• Takeso wrote: »
    I have the answer: TERA is an international game, yes, the gaming community is split between Latinos, Europeans and North Americans, because the game is interesting, however, because of the server location the ping difference is too great for anyone Lives in the US and who lives in other countries.

You forgot the Aussies, even though they get 40ms :p , the kiwis, and people who play from South East Asia.
  • Please direct discussion related to 3rd party programs to this thread:
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/14059/the-3rd-party-thread

Discussing these programs is against the forum rules, with this one temporary exception ^
  • Tera needs optimization. it is the only reason I am part of the boycott that is going on right now. I agree with removing the scripts especially the DPS meter that many use simply to bad mouth newer players not to help with anything. There is a lot of content in Tera I cannot enjoy because it is not optimized. So my dream is that this works and we get that optimization Tera so badly needs.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Please direct discussion related to 3rd party programs to this thread:

Discussing these programs is against the forum rules, with this one temporary exception ^

Yes, I understand, I'm not saying that this type of program should be used, so much that I have never used and need to use it.

What I said is that if you want to solve the problem, you should go to the source of the problem, because then the player will not be able to complain about a possible BAN.

The tera has several problems, several, several, unfortunately, because it is a masterpiece, the best MMO ever created, however is not used.
  • MuerteDan wrote: »
    Takeso wrote: »

You forgot the Aussies, even though they get 40ms :p , the kiwis, and people who play from South East Asia.

Wow, you live far away. Hahahahahahaahah!

It is good to show that the amount of international players on the American server is great and should be heard as well.
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Please direct discussion related to 3rd party programs to this thread:

That thread kinda died because of lack posts from En Masse.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could a petition for things actually be taken in consideration if there is a lot of players signing it and demanding the same thing ( also being sent out to BHS ? ) ? Just asking purely for information
    Depends on BHS mostly, although in the current situation you're not going to get everyone to agree on the same thing anyways. The current 'petition' strictly started over using extra stuff, this means not everyone that would want something being done about the client or connection issues won't participate because that's not the real focus. You would also have to have it typed out in Korean, seems a lot of them either don't know English or choose not to speak it.
  • Could a petition for things actually be taken in consideration if there is a lot of players signing it and demanding the same thing ( also being sent out to BHS ? ) ? Just asking purely for information

Petitions are against the forum rules, but there is a suggestions thread that we do look at and do pass on to BHS.
  • SeikilosSeikilos ✭✭✭
    Noctiv wrote: »
    Halrath wrote: »
    Could a petition for things actually be taken in consideration if there is a lot of players signing it and demanding the same thing ( also being sent out to BHS ? ) ? Just asking purely for information

Petitions are against the forum rules, but there is a suggestions thread that we do look at and do pass on to BHS.

@Spacecats I'm honestly curious and you'd probably know better than we do. What has BHS actually listened to and tweaked for our region. I believe "loyalty" rewards tiers is NA specific, but that isn't something that was really asked for as far as I know. If you could give us a few examples, our outlook wouldn't be so bleak.

This.

People are vocal and have been even more the last 1-2 years, especially after the incident in the old forums. But that means nothing if our words go in vain. Is there any way to know for sure that bhs listens or that EME listens and everything we say doesn't become a local joke in the fora, not reaching the higher in command? For all we know BHS could be thinking that we are all happy and content if everything we say doesn't reach them.

P.S.: I think i would lose all hope if they do listen and still do nothing. At this point , after 4 years i almost hope that it's just that they don't listen. :(
  • Seikilos wrote: »
    Noctiv wrote: »
    Halrath wrote: »

@Spacecats I'm honestly curious and you'd probably know better than we do. What has BHS actually listened to and tweaked for our region. I believe "loyalty" rewards tiers is NA specific, but that isn't something that was really asked for as far as I know. If you could give us a few examples, our outlook wouldn't be so bleak.

This.

People are vocal and have been even more the last 1-2 years, especially after the incident in the old forums. But that means nothing if our words go in vain. Is there any way to know for sure that bhs listens or that EME listens and everything we say doesn't become a local joke in the fora, not reaching the higher in command? For all we know BHS could be thinking that we are all happy and content if everything we say doesn't reach them.

P.S.: I think i would lose all hope if they do listen and still do nothing. At this point , after 4 years i almost hope that it's just that they don't listen. :(

We submit regular reports, both from the Product Manager side and the Community team, giving the latest player feedback and concerns from our end. A lot of the larger player demands are things that require development work and are impossible to address as publishers. Even the things that have been on the community's mind for a while still get passed on, and we rely pretty heavily on what we see in the forums when it comes to what gets included in those reports. For my part, I like to quote and occasionally link to especially constructive threads both here and in the suggestions forums so that the Bluehole team can see player opinions first hand.
  • BonbonnieBonbonnie ✭✭✭
    Darling, with EME it's just in one ear and out the other. Let them ruin their rep and business.