[PS4/XB1] Maintenance is now complete!
Watch the En Masse Entertainment stream right here at 2pm PDT!

EME - Diagnostic DNS: Fail Ports: Fail

...But Why!? Q.Q

=================================
=== OVERVIEW
OVERALL RESULTS:
Your system meets the recommended system requirements.

DETAILS:

NETSTAT: OK
DNS: FAIL

Our tests indicate that you might be experiencing internet connectivity issues. Below are some steps you can take to resolve common internet connectivity issues.
1. Restart your computer.
2. Make sure the network cable is correctly plugged into your computer and router.
3. Reset your router by unplugging the power cable, waiting several seconds, and then plugging it back in. Once completed, restart your computer.
4. Contact your internet service provider for assistance if you think the problem may be related to a service outage.

PORTS: FAIL

We were unable to connect to our servers in a timely manner from this computer. Please check your internet connection is active and functioning.

CPU: OK
RAM: OK
HD: OK
DIRECTX: OK

=== CONNECTIVITY TESTS
google name lookup - 0.034 seconds
google port 80 connect - 0.048 seconds
google port 443 connect - 0.001 seconds
enmasse port 80 connect - 0.154 seconds
enmasse port 443 connect - 0.059 seconds
enmasse port 600 connect - 0.138 seconds
enmasse port 2110 connect - 0.034 seconds
enmasse port 3000 connect - 0.024 seconds
enmasse port 10001 connect - 0.052 seconds

Comments

• Any else experiencing these results? Any Possible Fixes?
  • Still hoping for a fix if anyone has any idea's i could try im willing to give it a shot
  • W7GNYAP55AW7GNYAP55A ✭✭✭
    Just looks like a router issue, DNS issue, or just ISP. I would consider testing without a router if you can, if not, try a different router. If you're on Wi-Fi, try using the cable instead to make a direct connection from your PC to the router. Other than that, I would call your ISP to ask to help resolve the DNS issue.
  • Nyanta1177Nyanta1177 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    doesn't really cause any issues, 7+ people I've had test all get this same error, as do I. Everything is still functioning. "servers working as intended" :^)

EDIT: let me clarify, "Everything is still functioning" and "doesn't really cause any issues" = still lags to [filtered] daily cause "servers working as intended"
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    Nyanta1177 wrote: »
    doesn't really cause any issues, 7+ people I've had test all get this same error, as do I. Everything is still functioning. "servers working as intended" :^)

sometimes when you dont have private ip static lease, you have more lag
  • UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    Are your ports forwarded in your router? If they aren't that's why you're seeing this. Shouldn't affect connectivity to the game.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I've had seen promblem before...They set up port forwarding etc etc...laptop fixed....but all you have to do is *run your banned 3rd party program which you don't have cause you're a loyal and responsible TERA player* and everything is fine
    Edit: this stopped them playing for 2months and it was really stupid
  • The port fail error is just a diagnostic error and will not cause you problems because your router/firewall will allow the connection anyway. Whether your ports are open or not should not have any impact on your in-game performance.

The DNS fail may or not cause a problem, but it depends on if there are other symptoms. Are you able to load the launcher? Are you able to connect to the game servers? If so, then it's probably another diagnostic error that can be ignored.

Really, I would start the other way and ask what is the underlying problem that you're trying to solve in the first place, and that may help to determine if the diagnostics could be the root cause.
  • A quick power cycle might actually resolve this. Try unplugging for 60 seconds or so - both routers and modem. It's the basic "have you turned it off and on again?" routine, but it may be all you need in this case.
  • JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    If he's talking on this website by URL he does not have a dns problem ...
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    Have u tried flushing your DNS?
    Click on windows button, search for cmd.exe or command prompt, and type
    ipconfig/ flushdns
    U should also check whether u use a custom DNS or auto DNS at your network card settings.

I usually just check all these when the DNS starts messing up.
  • Thanks so much for the replies,
    I've contacted my ISP and the signal in my area is stable but a bit weaker then normal there sending a tech to add a filter to boost signal strength which should fix the most net issues, i flushed my DNS and refreshed my IP, I've unplugged/Plugged, i've allowed all of tera's ports through firewall, im connected directly to the modem (its comcasts modem/router box) and everythings up to date on my pc as far as software/drivers go....

after i get this filter installed from my ISP then ill run the tests again and see how it goes, just on standby till then! :pleased:
  • LEEEEEEEEEEEEEET UUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSS KNOOOOOOOOOO! Really, I'm interested.
  • Sorry for LATE response but, cable guy came out installed stuff better net..... still no change.... same results, Except in-game tera runs smoother then butter spread :pleased: , 40+ fps in battle/out of battle, 1920 x 1080 res.
This discussion has been closed.