Auto accepting bids on broker

13»

Comments

• Yithar wrote: »
    ElinLove wrote: »
    kamizuma wrote: »
    kamizuma wrote: »
    what if I don't want to sell an item for the price I list it at?

that's some pretty big case of insanity, but to each their own eh?

not really. There's many strategic reasons you wouldn't want to sell at the price you list at.

I'm curious frankly. I can't think of any except for "Heyya, pay me the demn broker tax bud"

Well, unless it's heavily downpriced and you don't wanna remove the listing. But that's really player's fault, and then there's the "buy now", or... other players selling at same price.

Now really, why would you deny a 100% offer?? I'm genuinely curious

kamizuma's probably the richest person on TERA just saying lol.

why is that a probably :thinking:
  • FulzoidFulzoid ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    @ElinLove Kamizuma's strategy is basicly easy. He put a big stack of items at low price, so people that actually don't look at it, put at that very price, so he buys and resell. That's mostly the reason why he don't want auto-nego at 100%, since many people could make him go bankrupt.

Example: 150x character slot at 14k. Total: 2 100 000 to nego, 2 310 000g to buy now. This way, he raise profit by 10% pretty much, unless event happen.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fulzoid wrote: »
    @ElinLove Kamizuma's strategy is basicly easy. He put a big stack of items at low price, so people that actually don't look at it, put at that very price, so he buys and resell. That's mostly the reason why he don't want auto-nego at 100%, since many people could make him go bankrupt.

Example: 150x character slot at 14k. Total: 2 100 000 to nego, 2 310 000g to buy now. This way, he raise profit by 10% pretty much, unless event happen.

Yes, in the end I remembered this, I actually do it too hehe
    Yithar wrote: »
    kamizuma's probably the richest person on TERA just saying lol.

ye I was asking one thing not saying he's stupid
  • Fulzoid wrote: »

the buy now is a broker tax; a gold sink if you will. the extra money doesn't even go to him lol
  • FulzoidFulzoid ✭✭✭

the buy now is a broker tax; a gold sink if you will. the extra money doesn't even go to him lol

read up till the end... "he buys when people list it that price" and sell individual for more.

Yes, in the end I remembered this, I actually do it too hehe

It's actually very unprofessional and bad mannered to do so, and yet I gotta say, he's not actually wise and doesn't control [filtered] ;).

• I've forwarded your request for improved broker negotiation to Bluehole, citing the for auto-acceptance and delayed (instead of cancelled) requests when the seller is in a BG. This is one of those small aspects of the game that comes up every once in a while, usually in the middle of a related conversation. Hopefully it's a quality of life change the dev team is willing to spend time making.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    > @Fulzoid said:
    > @ElinLove Kamizuma's strategy is basicly easy. He put a big stack of items at low price, so people that actually don't look at it, put at that very price, so he buys and resell. That's mostly the reason why he don't want auto-nego at 100%, since many people could make him go bankrupt.
    >
    > Example: 150x character slot at 14k. Total: 2 100 000 to nego, 2 310 000g to buy now. This way, he raise profit by 10% pretty much, unless event happen.

I remember I did the other way with Insanity Badges.

I bought about 1 million gold of insanity badges on broker around 2k-3k each and then put them at 5k.

At the moment thise badges hit the price of 3k I already make 2 million gold.

Sadly I used 800k gold on designs and resizing tools and 900k on 15 30day elite vouchers.

All of that in the same day.

Edit: That say I was like 12 hours on-line non-stop like mistern burns from sympsons monitoring about every change on market about insanity badges so the price didn't drop for I was aiming.
  • canikizucanikizu ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Spacecats wrote: »
    I've forwarded your request for improved broker negotiation to Bluehole, citing the for auto-acceptance and delayed (instead of cancelled) requests when the seller is in a BG. This is one of those small aspects of the game that comes up every once in a while, usually in the middle of a related conversation. Hopefully it's a quality of life change the dev team is willing to spend time making.

While you are at it, can you make NPC broker available for free for Elite? It can create many benefit:

- A nice addition that benefits for Elites, which is in dire need of some kind of revamped perks to be worth the money.
    - Make it easier for people to have access to broker, which in turn push economy faster.
    - Eliminate the use of a certain "mods", which is better for EME.
    - Modern MMORPG have been letting people access auction house/broker at ease with one click of the button. Tera is one of the game that make it a nuisance for players (teleporting around to get to npc)

The cooldown can be just 15min or 30min to avoid spamming or something.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, that's exactly the case. The "tax" is the convenience fee for being able to bypass manual negotiation (even if it's just tedious and takes a few seconds). And as Kamizuma says, this can actually be a deliberate part of someone's listing strategy (make people pay the tax or offer more than list).

Make it optional.
    It's also a deliberate part of the game's strategy for the market/broker system, and one of the few gold sinks we have. Taking this aspect out of the game may be a "quality of life improvement" to some, but it would change the market dynamics. Some inconveniences are by design and not a bug.

Yeah, you know, when they remove gold sinks in order to create inconveniences, I can't take this argument seriously.
  • FulzoidFulzoid ✭✭✭
    > @canikizu said:
    > Spacecats wrote: »
    >
    > I've forwarded your request for improved broker negotiation to Bluehole, citing the for auto-acceptance and delayed (instead of cancelled) requests when the seller is in a BG. This is one of those small aspects of the game that comes up every once in a while, usually in the middle of a related conversation. Hopefully it's a quality of life change the dev team is willing to spend time making.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > While you are at it, can you make NPC broker available for free for Elite? It can create many benefit:
    >
    > - A nice addition that benefits for Elites, which is in dire need of some kind of revamped perks to be worth the money.
    > - Make it easier for people to have access to broker, which in turn push economy faster.
    > - Eliminate the use of a certain "mods", which is better for EME.
    > - Modern MMORPG have been letting people access auction house/broker at ease with one click of the button. Tera is one of the game that make it a nuisance for players (teleporting around to get to npc)
    >
    > The cooldown can be just 15min or 30min to avoid spamming or something.

You know we talking about an item that cost 60g-100g here that already exist and that any broker player(and many more) has ~100 of these permanent on?