[PS4/XB1] TONIGHT at 7:00 p.m. PDT, we will have maintenance for PS4 and XB1 NA/EU regions that should last approx. 6 hours. For updates, please visit the following forum thread: http://bit.ly/2X0dQ84

What exactly can you do for us the community?

Comments

• Wolf315 wrote: »
    Now do you guys also mind telling us why you guys can't be bothered to reply to any of the comments in your own made official 3rd party discussion thread?
    Can you give a very brief summary of the specific question you expect them to answer?

Obviously they can't tell people to violate the EULA, so allowing mods or third-party apps is out. The underlying issues that drove some people to use those tools are varied, and most are entirely in BHS's court. They could say they conveyed it to BHS, but it seems like people won't be satisfied with that answer.

...But anyway, maybe a clear succinct question (that doesn't ask the impossible) has a better chance.
  • edited May 2017
    Wolf315 wrote: »
    Now do you guys also mind telling us why you guys can't be bothered to reply to any of the comments in your own made official 3rd party discussion thread?
    Can you give a very brief summary of the specific question you expect them to answer?

Obviously they can't tell people to violate the EULA, so allowing mods or third-party apps is out. The underlying issues that drove some people to use those tools are varied, and most are entirely in BHS's court. They could say they conveyed it to BHS, but it seems like people won't be satisfied with that answer.

...But anyway, maybe a clear succinct question (that doesn't ask the impossible) has a better chance.

Yeah I can, since this is a very complicated topic I cannot summarize it in a few sentences.

https://justpaste.it/165y6
    Or, https://justpaste.it/15zsn
    OR https://komyou.tumblr.com/post/160137402960/the-fires-are-still-raging-and-plenty-of-people

The latter is obviously not short at all and only suggested to read if one wants to know as much as possible.

Obviously I can't speak for them, but I can say that if I were in their position, I would not be able to respond to any of that stuff. Most of it is about hurt feelings and perceptions, unsolicited opinions on how they should do their jobs, and attempts to justify/rationalize things that they must officially forbid. But anyway, up to them...
  • edited May 2017
    I edited my previous post with some questions, I hope these are proper and don't break any rules

Well, there's one point that even I can answer:
    What can be done moving forward? No false promises (https://www.reddit.com/r/TeraOnline/comments/523rwr/pay_to_win_dragon_mounts_on_krtera_discussion_for/d7h7qwg/ Straight up lying about the Dragons issue)
    This was not a lie. They had every intention of doing the dragon mounts with procs in-game and had it all programmed, but were forbidden from doing so at the last minute by BHS, who replaced it with the system we eventually got (which was also introduced in other regions). They explained this on the forum at the time. But the fact that people still hold this up as a "lie" (even though they laid out what happened, and even addressed it on stream) shows how low the trust has gotten.
  • edited May 2017
    I think you misunderstood the situation about that post, they told us both crit passives would become available without being forced to pay for them with real money, you can read more about that here: https://www.reddit.com/r/TeraOnline/comments/597epj/royal_dragons_unavailable_in_game_store_only/

Yes, I know what they said. That was the system they had in place and demoed on the stream (so it was fully working). And then, right before it was to be introduced on the live servers, they were told to pull it. The staff commented multiple times that they argued as much as they could to keep it the way they intended, but were denied. No one's immune from inner-office (and cross-office) politics.

Edit: Your edit resolves this.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    the day the dragons came out, they came to forums and said they didn't know why the dragon tokens weren't dropping but they would look into it. they had to have known that day 3-4 hours after maintanence that day, they made the announcement saying this. so you mean to tell me they didn't know that day what was going on? then people were mad and felt betrayed cause the 2 royal mounts were available in lootboxes. then when we asked they got mad at us and gave us warnings not to ask anymore about when the dragons and how they will be available in game for free.
    I remember this all too well cause I got a warning about speculating and possibly spreading rumors when I asked and gave suggestions on how they could be made available. many people have short memories here.
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    I think you misunderstood the situation about that post, they told us both crit passives would become available without being forced to pay for them with real money, you can read more about that here: https://www.reddit.com/r/TeraOnline/comments/597epj/royal_dragons_unavailable_in_game_store_only/

Re:editing my comment "Spacecats talked a bit about this in the TERA Discord -- basically it's not EME's decision, BHS told them it had to be this way. I'd guess Nexon influenced BHS in this decision but I don't know and Spacecats didn't elaborate on that when asked.
    He also said they wanted to do something cool for the next Kyra event and that they'd forward all of the player feedback re: this stuff to Bluehole."

You are right, I take my previous statement back.

Just a mention: you can get the 2.0 crit passive in game, is a rare drop of HH phase 4, i already saw a screenshot of that in the last week
  • AngelineAngeline ✭✭✭
    On a scale of 1-10, how hard is it to find time to fix the servers what with all these BHS videoconferences?
  • edited May 2017
    so you mean to tell me they didn't know that day what was going on?
    I honestly think they really thought at first they'd be able to get it worked out, and at first some EME people who didn't know the full story thought it was a bug (since it was supposed to be there) until they were filled in on what had happened. Since they don't want to throw anyone under the bus, I doubt they'll ever give the entire story, but it wasn't promised, programmed, and shown working with the intention of pulling it like that.

Anyway, don't want to derail the thread here. My purpose in trying to take this off the table was just so the other questions in that post could be approached in good faith without the "you lied to us!" accusation that they already explained. But if you think it requires more explanation (particularly the forum stuff), may be best to contact the Community Team privately to work it out.
  • ILikeTeddyBearsILikeTeddyBears ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

Even if they said they conveyed it to BHS, we don't ever see any change from either EME or BHS. People I know just stopped bothering with even saying that anything will change with TERA after this point.
  • Jordansb1Jordansb1 ✭✭✭
    ...oh... my god....

WE HAVE COMMUNICATION!!! SOUND THE ALARMS! SOMEONE INSERT IT'S HAPPENING MEMES! RUN AROUND IN CIRCLES AND PANIC! YELL AT ME FOR USING CAPS (sorry they're done now).

Seriously this is the largest amount of staff from EME I've seen post on a single thread. Good job guys.
  • KillstyleKillstyle ✭✭✭
    First I would like to thank @Geletron @Spacecats @Noesis @Denommenator for taking the time to respond. You guys are awesome and you also helped me understand what each of you does. I think I had a puffed up idea of what you could do and now I know what to actually expect.

@Geletron Thanks for helping Tera expand into other markets. I enjoy a lot of your events. I enjoyed Kyra's Potion Shack but never experienced the other events. More events like Kyra's would be nice.

@Spacecats I looked in forum search for this info but it didn't give me anything so thanks and sorry for posting a question that's been asked before. Your Twitch streams are definitely something to remember most of the time, lol. Thanks for those and the codes. =)

@Noesis Didn't know about the summer months making it hard to communicate. That's some info that will be helpful when summer roles around and I wonder why something isn't happening like I thought. So seems like events are Enmasse thing so we as the community should be coming up with ideas to make those great. That's most definitely very helpful for me. Thanks for all you do.

@Denommenator So you can influence some cosmetics. Hmmm, good to know. Events seem to be where we as a community need to focus with Enmasse. Definitely gonna be coming up with ideas and shoot them past the community in the hopes that we can get some awesome Tera events. Anything to help you guys make Tera better and more fun for all of us. Just looked up Velik's Grand Hunt and I'm sorry I missed it. Looks like it was fun and the rewards don't seem bad either. Keep those gems coming. I appreciate your hard work. Thanks.

Again I would like to say thanks to you all for your responses and all the hard work you put in to help make Tera. I now understand that the majority of my problems are with BHS and I might have to look into ways of contacting them and at least letting them know how some of the NA community feels, not that it will do any good even if they happen to read it. I got the answers I was looking for and if one of you guys could close this thread I would appreciate it. Thanks again. =)
  • @Killstyle This is how forum posts should be. Thank you for being a part of the community.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, it is only made possible because there wasn't any passive aggressive behaviour in his post at all. No need to defend when there is nothing to lol.

If only the community can sometimes make less bashy statements.

Or maybe I am actually sleeping and I am still dreaming. I don't know at this point.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Noesis and Halrath are the current Product Managers for TERA, [...] Primarily their job is to make sure updates are implemented in a timely manner, in-game events are planned/maintained, items are properly added to the game & store.

And between those 2 people they couldn't find a single calendar?
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Thank you to the staff for the responses, I know we as the community can be unreasonable with our requests for answers at times, knowing that from the business side you guys are bound to contracts and probably non-disclosure clauses and everything. If I could request something, I would ask that you sticky this thread for awhile, just so forum users can have an easy place to go to see what you guys do and get a feel for how the staff works.