Player Council B4 Final Decisionz

124»

Comments

• ChrisehChriseh ✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    The main issue with the PC appears to be that they are nothing more than an avatar icon. I don't know how direct their contact with GMs is(sounds like just a hidden forum which, well, would be stupid...there needs to be a discord and a direct line of communication where it's harder for GMs/CMs/whatever to ignore them). And there seems to be a bit of a trust issue going on. You see, for the PC to do the job a lot of people seem to expect from them(namely, prevent stupid decisions like the calendar and the current anniversary fiasco), they need to get information in advance so the EmE team can take full advantage of a group of people with vast game experience. But it doesn't look like EmE trusts them to keep the information to themselves until the official announcement which is...sad. They fix these 2 issues and things can get a lot more interesting.

It seems there's a lot of misconceptions about the level of interaction we have with EME and that it's just a private forum. We do have a private forum and initially that's all we had, aside from private messaging on forums, we have for a few months now been using a messaging service called Slack. As with anything you don't just start with an improved system, you gradually build up to it, that's why patches exist.

Communication has improved from the earlier months of PC. Transparency of how much they can discuss with us prior to doing things is always going to be a problem, too little and we can't provide accurate feedback, and with too much they risk a leak. We haven't signed NDA's, so the line on how much information is too much is always going to be an issue.

Again, we're players, no different to anyone here, the only difference is that we have streamlined communication with EME staff.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chriseh wrote: »

Communication has improved from the earlier months of PC. Transparency of how much they can discuss with us prior to doing things is always going to be a problem, too little and we can't provide accurate feedback, and with too much they risk a leak. We haven't signed NDA's, so the line on how much information is too much is always going to be an issue.

Again, we're players, no different to anyone here, the only difference is that we have streamlined communication with EME staff.

Can you explain how the calendar thing happened? Did they not ask you(plural) about it or did they not listen to the feedback you gave them? And I mean all 3 times.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    @CarnalCherry145, I always said I am not important, but you players that were using 3rd party programs against TOS thought you were so important, you people boycotted the game and some even boycott forums, nothing happened, game was still moving forward and now you come back to forums and keep doing what you were doing, spreading toxicity.

When I made threads against EME/BHS you same people attacked me, why? you thought you were safe back then, that safety is fragile now, you are changing your stance.

And oh, you players personally attacked Player Council, @kamizuma, @Yamazuki and some others. Don't act like so innocent, you players couldn't behave in a single thread.

If I am not important,Why I got hateful pms from you and some others, all hateful messages and also talking about me on Tera discord? You players made a fuss about me and @Yamazuki, see hypocrisy. When I am just a player which could be ignored easily.

I made that reply to say Player Council is doing what they need to do, they don't have a say on changes, when you can't understand this and start your hate, it means your intentions is not about making Tera a better game. And this intention alone ruined any points given by those honest player.

You can keep crying and see if this crying and name calling and hateful responses get you somewhere.

PS: I don't run late game, fine, but a question, Can you run it normally? Like many people? Yeah, I can bs you too. It is easy.

• I know a lot of council members have been posting in here in an attempt to defend themselves, but reading the initial post this thread really seems designed to flame and attack the members of the Player Council because, in short, "they don't do/say what I want."

I'll answer a few questions regarding the council but I'm going to keep this thread closed because it has generated more attacks and insults than actual conversation over the purpose of the council. If you're frustrated at the state of the game, En Masse, or your neighbor's dog, please don't take it out on them. I'll say more as new members are brought on this month, and try to reset the general community's expectations when it comes to the Player Council and what they're here for because as time goes on it really seems like more and more people misunderstand what their focus is.

Player Council members are:
    • Active TERA players who have volunteered their time to help
    • Encouraged to be themselves and do what they enjoy in TERA
    • Players from various servers, guilds, and playstyles.
    • Points of contact for players to share ideas, events, and community activities
    • Points of contact for En Masse, because it's impossible to constantly be on every server, guild chat, message board, etc...
    • Occasionally asked for feedback by the En Masse staff

They are NOT:
    • Responsible for making changes or improvements to TERA (That's En Masse and Bluehole's job)
    • Community punching bags
    • Forum moderators
    • Under any sort of NDA
    • Super villains

Blaming a Player Council member for something not going your way in TERA is no different from blaming any other player (or yourself for that matter, you are on equal ground). If there's something about the game you don't like, and you feel something should be done about it, direct your feedback to the En Masse team. Please don't harass or call out Player Council members for not agreeing with you. They're here to listen and help raise the awareness of the En Masse team. They should be allowed to say what they feel.

Multiple members of the Player Council have been removed in the last couple weeks since applications re-opened. This was largely due to inactivity, and there are zero hard feelings when it comes to those members. Life happens, and other priorities come up. I'm really looking forward to getting new members on the council so that it can continue to be an active and diverse group. In fact recruitment has been pretty slow in the year following the creation of the Player Council, and I think we should bring in new members much more often going forward.

Applications for the next around are closed, but here are some things we look for when recruiting members:
    • Strong knowledge of the game
    • Constructive attitude, able to discuss and analyze feedback
    • Has some history working with fellow players to accomplish an event or activity
    • A passion for helping their fellow players and improving the TERA community
This discussion has been closed.