[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

BHS/EME, hear my plea!

I put this in the bug reports (Minus the backstep bug), but I'll put it here, to see if @Spacecats, @Halrath, or another see it and give some answers.

"(Controller/Gamepad users) Issues with abilities hitting in the direction of the camera rather than character"

Please please PLEASE fix this(Possibly before any other honorbound bug 'cause it makes the game unplayable for me and possibly others who use a controller)! It's been almost a month since valkyries came out, and that's when this horrendous bug happened.

My valk and ninja are the only characters I feel decent playing with, 'cause I can just use the dodge skill to hop in the camera direction. Possibly slayer, I haven't tried, but I'm becoming bored with the game because of these bugs(Mainly the character direction)

Oh, and it doesn't really effect mystic all that much

Please, I don't want any harassment. I know there are many other gamepad users who feel this way and are getting tired of it. I don't even want to play the game that I've invested so much time into because of this.
«1

Comments

  • uh. the backstep its a recent change.. its on patch notes.. as a priest main i found it really good.. just need a bit of time for adjusting and you will be fine!
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Please don't act like that. Maybe I forgot.

    I can see why it would be good for a priest though

    Any reason why they changed that? It's kind of ridiculous. Why not rename it to like forward step or something

    What about the glacial retreat? Is it supposed to function like that?
  • yup! they changed all skills that work that way. it started with archer tho... so my theory is that they tested it out with one class and then decided to apply for every class xD
    like is said~ you just need sometime to get used to it and then you will start liking it a lot!
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tenshi1 wrote: »
    Please don't act like that. Maybe I forgot.

    I can see why it would be good for a priest though

    Any reason why they changed that? It's kind of ridiculous. Why not rename it to like forward step or something

    What about the glacial retreat? Is it supposed to function like that?

    Its all due to the Archer revamp, the same revamp that gave them a dash skill... But its not that hard to get adjusted to how Backstep and other skills work, you just have to keep it in mind at first and then you won't even have to think about it once you're used to it.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    They should have tested it with the other classes imo, not the best move. Like I said, I can see why it would help out a priest 'cause it gives you a better time to rush over a heal someone.

    I can probably get used to glacial retreat being that way IF they fix this gamepad bug. It's just too much right now.

    Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware it was permanent
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    Tenshi1 wrote: »
    Please don't act like that. Maybe I forgot.

    I can see why it would be good for a priest though

    Any reason why they changed that? It's kind of ridiculous. Why not rename it to like forward step or something

    What about the glacial retreat? Is it supposed to function like that?

    Its all due to the Archer revamp, the same revamp that gave them a dash skill... But its not that hard to get adjusted to how Backstep and other skills work, you just have to keep it in mind at first and then you won't even have to think about it once you're used to it.

    I suppose you're right, They really need to fix this controller bug though. I really wanna play my zerk D:
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks you two for clearing this up for me. Maybe I'll ATTEMPT to play again (Though I got super bored last night)
  • I always played Tera with gamepad controller and i noticed what you mention about cameras as well , what I do is to click the select or whataver button you have on your device it should pop up the Game controller configuration tab, I have it set to cam directed to char ao since not always work this way I set the camera on combat at max 100% so whenever i have the issue at some skills among classes during any fighti i go rotating the camera with the right stick fast to get in the position wanted in case some skill acts weird and leaves me for asecond lost and unprotected, it's helpful to me so i hope they adjust it and if not it's wise to adapt ourselves
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    I have made this whole post in bus about this, and @Spacecats indeed has noticed it. There are a bunch of people in that thread who notice it too, so I'm not the only one. And no, the setting it to character direction does not work. I'll try to do the combat speed things to see if it works better, but they really need to fix it

    Spacey did indeed say it's not an intended things, that it is infact a bug
  • Time to learn the keyboard :^)
  • We're discussing this with Bluehole. It came up after the last update and confused a lot of controller-wielding players. I don't have anything new to share but I'll keep the topic alive in the office so hopefully we can know what the intention behind the change was.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    If any change comes to the said problem, i'm guessing it will probably come along with the release of TERA on console.
  • If any change comes to the said problem, i'm guessing it will probably come along with the release of TERA on console.

    Mmm, not necessarily. Different dev teams work on each product.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Rionat wrote: »
    Time to learn the keyboard :^)

    Yeah thanks, but I can't 'because of reasons. I THOUGHT about giving it a shot, and I still might
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    We're discussing this with Bluehole. It came up after the last update and confused a lot of controller-wielding players. I don't have anything new to share but I'll keep the topic alive in the office so hopefully we can know what the intention behind the change was.

    Thank you spacecats for some feedback on this :)
Sign In or Register to comment.