Does EME even check their own ranks?

If I'm not mistaken, this post was made by a Player Council member [LINK REMOVED]

[LINK REMOVED]

And if I'm not mistaken, this Bitbucket is owned by the same Player Council Member. [LINK REMOVED]

[LINK REMOVED]

Considering EME's recent stance, I'm shocked this doesn't appear to have been looked into.

Kind Regards,

An Interested 3-rd Party.

Comments

• if it is the same person, they have taken a stance against injector but not against DPS meters, not really that much of an issue.
    It's like someone being against pot and enjoying an occasional beer, not really the same thing. Beer is much more harmful and damaging to society.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    Player council is not "EME's own ranks"
  • GrievuuzGrievuuz ✭✭✭
    Digivolve wrote: »
    Player council is not "EME's own ranks"

Being chosen and vetted by EME makes them so.

The playerbase doesn't elect them to represent us, EME does.
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    Is it MALICIOUS tho?
    :awesome:
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making new forum accounts to post stuff. And they are looking for logic.
    Grievuuz wrote: »

Being chosen and vetted by EME makes them so.

The playerbase doesn't elect them to represent us, EME does.
    Hardly. "Own ranks" would imply something as an employee. Which they're not. Nor do they do any other kind of work for EME other than looking pretty on forums
  • D4RK3Y3DLYNXD4RK3Y3DLYNX ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I think he's trying to point out that it's hypocritical of a member of the player council, a person specifically chosen by EME to represent the player base, to be against injectors while still using DPS meters when EME has explicitly stated that they were against both.

As far as I can tell, player council members are basically unpaid "employees" that act as a liaison between EME and the community. In a way, it's similar to work experience but without shifts or schedules.

<biased> Kinda like Youtube Heroes. :v </biased>

I know they have their own private forum where they can discuss things together with EME and themselves away from prying eyes.
    I think he's trying to point out that it's hypocritical of a member of the player council, a person specifically chosen by EME to represent the player base, to be against injectors while still using DPS meters when EME has explicitly stated that they were against both.

As far as I can tell, player council members are basically unpaid "employees" that act as a liaison between EME and the community. In a way, it's similar to work experience but without shifts or schedules.

<biased> Kinda like Youtube Heroes. :v </biased>

I know they have their own private forum where they can discuss things together with EME and themselves away from prying eyes.

Don't kid yourself. "Player council member" is just a fancy title for EME to show that they pretend to care what goes on in the forums. Never, ever has there been a change in the game because someone in the office said - "Hey, this player council person has a great idea, we should totes do that!"
  • D4RK3Y3DLYNXD4RK3Y3DLYNX ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    ... well, crap. I had a response but it got removed due to over-editing. I'm half asleep, so this may take a while.

Well, we have no proof either way on whether or not any changes are made based on player suggestions and I am well aware that it all comes down to the bottom line. But this does not change the fact that the player council was indeed chosen by EME to act as a pseudo customer support to answer community questions rather than EME having to answer them directly.

To be honest, I've never really liked the whole idea in general and considered them to be more like glorified white knights that only wanted the title for e-peen.

Out of curiosity, would you consider people who are part of the YouTube Heroes program to be unpaid "employees"?
    They're basically doing YouTube's job for them, for free.

Scratch that. I thought about it and they're called volunteers. Same thing with the player council. My bad.

I think they should be renamed to something else like "player support team", or "community representatives", anything but council.
    Council implies that they can make meaningful decisions that have some sort of influence, but this clearly isn't the case.
  • SquishiesSquishies ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    The player council consists of people with differing expertise, opinions and perspectives.

There's no point to having that many people if they were the type to be always on the same page.

Most likely not all of the player council members see eye to eye on the most recent issues, such as third party tool usage
  • This thread is really bizarre (except it's not given the on-going smear campaign). Player Council members don't all have opinions that agree with EME, not on this issue or any other. And being on Player Council does make it a requirement to agree with the "party line." Just because EME has their policy derived from the EULA, not everyone who is against the injector is against DPS meters (or UI tweaks, or ini mods, or using KR model files, etc.).

Most people on Player Council, even those who don't use a DPS meter, have argued that BHS needs to develop some sort of meter-like functionality in order to remove the need for this kind of third-party tool that people clearly want. And likewise with some of the other uses for tools that people agree are unequivocally useful and positive (and not what EME calls "cheating").

So no this thread isn't really some sort of big "gotcha." As EME made abundantly clear, they're not gunning down every single person who has ever used any mod or third-party tool ever in the past, and you need people who are familiar with these tools to some degree to be able to provide input about them.
  • edited May 2017
    Callouts are against the forum rules, so please don't start a witch hunt because of someone's opinions.

EME doesn't control what Player Council members say or think. They're players from different walks of TERA life and we encourage them to be themselves.

For a little more on the Player Council please see this comment I left in another thread.
This discussion has been closed.