[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Just to be clear

Welcome to hell
this patch was a complete disaster in my opinion. How many Valkyrie do you guys see around?
New players are being filtered by the impossible difficult grind and not welcomed to the game, one hour to complete one dungeon is not fun.
New players have no idea what they are doing most of the time still, feedstock drops are very low.
New dungeon resurrection fees require a lot of gold that new players simply can not afford.
Gold acquired from dungeons can not support skills learning prices.
The possible fixes.
The real Tera experience begins at lvl 65. If you want to teach players about mechanics you can out line danger zones for players or use the fairy to send messages telling players like Healer to cleanse poisoned players or to the tank to call agro when a boss shows up, or dps player to attack monster's behind xD.
Increase feedstock drops for characters under 65.
Lower dungeon difficulty again.
Lower price for resurrection.
Increase gold reward for dungeons and quests.

I understand that EME have little that they can do, I mean in my opinion they are nothing really. Just a delivery person, they are puppets who are told what to do. unfortunately we have no way of contacting the publisher and the illusion of forum is here to shut us up, and keep us happy and under the illusion that our voices matter :awesome:
nothing will change and nothing matters just keep playing till u hate the game like me. :awesome:
«1

Comments

  • Alec13Alec13 ✭✭
    Now En Masse have nothing to do with what changes in the game with every patch. Problem here comes from Bluehole. You cant have places to farm gold in the game because there is not any place that you have to spend big amount of gold every day.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alec13 wrote: »
    Now En Masse have nothing to do with what changes in the game with every patch. Problem here comes from Bluehole. You cant have places to farm gold in the game because there is not any place that you have to spend big amount of gold every day.

    they removed the old ways of farming for gold and drops because of bots in the game. I was really unhappy about that myself, but their game their rules. as for no place to spend the big amount of gold, go to the trade broker and try to buy cosmetics, pets and mounts and then tell us that.
    I think what you were trying to say was, that there is no real gold sink in the game. those that have millions of gold, have nothing to really spend it on except for trade broker items.
    hope this helps
  • Alec13Alec13 ✭✭
    They removing thing from the game so that people use real money to buy things. Also sometimes they are changing staff so that can realize new patch and make people return and spend real money. Many times they do not watch or care what they change and they kill crafting for example.
    I play Kritika on my phone there you have different ways to farm a lot of gold, but you can also spend that gold and you will not have enough gold and it will take you years to develop your character and there it comes real money shop to help you develop faster. Here things can be made thousand times better just no one cares.
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    Alec13 wrote: »
    Now En Masse have nothing to do with what changes in the game with every patch. Problem here comes from Bluehole. You cant have places to farm gold in the game because there is not any place that you have to spend big amount of gold every day.

    they removed the old ways of farming for gold and drops because of bots in the game. I was really unhappy about that myself, but their game their rules. as for no place to spend the big amount of gold, go to the trade broker and try to buy cosmetics, pets and mounts and then tell us that.
    I think what you were trying to say was, that there is no real gold sink in the game. those that have millions of gold, have nothing to really spend it on except for trade broker items.
    hope this helps

    Uh that's not how economy works.
    That gold you spend goes to other players, namely its not disappearing from the economy. We need a better gold sink where rich players can spend their money but the game fails to provide that even when there were times when that was the biggest problem of the community and we had countless threads asking for a gold sink... (bad management strikes back?)

    As for the leveling, you might feel its too hard some feel its still easier than it was when Tera was released.
    But I do agree the leveling system still needs more tweaking.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is at easiest status, easiest grinding status. I don't wanna move on. Mats are way cheap these days. I can go on .....

    You want them to hand over stuff, don't be shy.

    Yeah, as said, I miss old community more and more.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wish i could have my old ways of making gold again. it didn't break the economy, i just farmed stuff and sold to the merchant or on trade broker. i remember sitting outside of fort elena killing banana trees for the peels just to have a few gold, then when one of the cats came at me, i ran it to the guards and let them kill it lol. i would do that for hours just to make like 50 gold. then i found out about level 60 dailies from my guild mates, and i felt i was getting somewhere, i only did that on 1 person, i wasn't told you could make like 8 toons and run them until like a month before they nerfed the gold. but then i only ran 2 people. i remember the reason everyone gave about the gold nerf was that it was breaking the economy. i quit for awhile due to the fate of arune patch until reaper came out, but i became a casual cause i was upset. now everything is crazy exspensive in trade broker. so yeah i would like to see some good changes that doesn't hurt the little people like me that have less than 50k gold.
  • TankyHealerTankyHealer ✭✭✭
    1. Why does it take you an hour to clear dungeons? It usually doesn't take this long unless it's a trap run.
    2. New players are bound to not know what they're doing, in order to play this game well you need somebody to tell you how, whether from experienced players or guild or essential mana. Feedstock isn't hard to farm by the way.
    3. How much is neophytes again? 50g or something if I remembered correctly...
    4. You don't get gold from dungeons while leveling, period. But even without taking money out of bank when I try to level a new character, feedstock to enchant my avatar weapon is more of a struggle than gold, I don't remember not having enough to learn skills at all.
    5. Tera already paints the floor red for attacks that needs to be iframed and yellow for attacks that can be blocked. Tera is literally holding your hand to play the game. However I am with you for the cleansing part. I didn't know purple health bar = need a cleanse until somebody told me about it back in the days.
    6. Feedstock for below 60 would be more appropriate. To be honest they don't even need to increase the drops, just allow us dismantle old avatar weapons again and that would solve the issue.
    7. This game is easy enough already, if anything increase the difficulty.
    8. No.
    9. Vanguard gives like 200g or something for dungeon clears at 65, I think it's enough.
  • AetonaAetona ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    If it takes an hour to finish a leveling dungeon, then there's something wrong with the players themselves, not the game.
  • TheDarkWanTheDarkWan ✭✭✭
    @TankyHealer Hi sorry for the late reply, The way I play is very specific. Every character I have must carry it's own weight. So when I make a new character I simply use the gold and feedstock provided by the game to lvl up the character to 65.
    1- It takes over and hour to clear one dungeon even BOL because when you are lvling 2/5 or 3/5 players are new and have no idea what they are doing. Not only that the dps I do is no longer relevant due to change of dungeon difficulty.
    2- How about this sales pitch "Read about us before you play our game, (we are too complicated)" not really a selling point for Tera, and 90% of new players don't do it.
    3- it's lower than 50 gold in lower dungeons and obviously you did not make a Valkyrie yet so you did not endure the nightmare that was the first day launch. Te gold required was not the issue, the issue was the amount, I could not support learning skills and paying for resurrections. I found myself scrambling thought my other characters to get items to sell so I can lvl up one character.
    4- You say that feedstock farming is not hard, I did not know u can farm tier 2 feedstock and I would like to know how. I understand that Tera is moving away from dungeon power lvling to BG or story lvling but for the time being dungeons are still and option and should be optimized as long as it is still being used.
    5- Glade we agree on something.
    6- New players have no 200 gold.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheDarkWan wrote: »
    1- It takes over and hour to clear one dungeon even BOL because when you are lvling 2/5 or 3/5 players are new and have no idea what they are doing. Not only that the dps I do is no longer relevant due to change of dungeon difficulty.

    Sm to NT can still be solo'd in 20 minutes or so. Didn't really check the rest because lazy but if you are going baove 30min with a party, your dps doesn't matter because you are not doing any, not because of changes.
    2- How about this sales pitch "Read about us before you play our game, (we are too complicated)" not really a selling point for Tera, and 90% of new players don't do it.

    MMOs are always complex and you need to do some research and ask some questions.
    3- it's lower than 50 gold in lower dungeons and obviously you did not make a Valkyrie yet so you did not endure the nightmare that was the first day launch. Te gold required was not the issue, the issue was the amount, I could not support learning skills and paying for resurrections. I found myself scrambling thought my other characters to get items to sell so I can lvl up one character.

    The resses do cost a lot for a newbie without funding. You can either die less or just wait for the healer to resu you.
    4- You say that feedstock farming is not hard, I did not know u can farm tier 2 feedstock and I would like to know how. I understand that Tera is moving away from dungeon power lvling to BG or story lvling but for the time being dungeons are still and option and should be optimized as long as it is still being used.

    Dismantle tier 2 gear.
    6- New players have no 200 gold.

    The amount of gold you get scales with the level of the content you are doing and is quite OK for that level. You'll obviously need to restrain yourself from making expensive purchases and make do with gear you get from quests(those tokens are so good, so very good). You don't need to be handed 200g every 5 minutes at level 30.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with Vi on that. I've mostly sucked on the game because I barely cared much more than just doing BGs, really, I love BGs. But recently got into the dungeons and... yes gearing got SO MUCH EASIER.
    I gotta say I took a lot longer to make my full Schisma set for healer and Archer than I did to make Guile for healer, archer, Lancer and if I recall even Ninja. And I'm barely playing anything other than that Priest for that matter, so ye I just geared 3 characters for the heck of it, faster than I did 2 sets, not too long ago.

    People talk like you should get a "Congratulations for booting your PC!!! Here's your free Behemoth +15 perfect rolls and T4 etches and 100K EMP to buy your costumes!" Gearing is grindy by nature in TERA, and it's been dumbed down times and times again. Heck I was almost considering making myself a VM set even tho I'm THAT lazy.

    There's various tiers of grind, the leveling one is the fastest by game focus on endgame. The second one is initiation into endgame - this patch this one is Slaughter, super easy too but well... a tad harder than leveling... maybe? Third one is mid tier, Guile, harder but still easy enough to get into the harder stuff and make the mid tier stuff easily. Then comes the 2 last steps, the best gear sets, on the hardest content of the game. These shouldn't be easy at all honestly. What's the merit of getting stuff easily frankly? I don't think it should be made any easier to get top tier gear or even mid tier one for that matter.


    Keep in mind I'm an alt maniac with 16 characters in AV and some more spread around the other servers, a lazy one at that, playing every 2 days or so, and I'm still on the "this game shouldn't get any easier" crowd. Just to situate a bit, to not think you're dealing only with HH clear freaks that are on the high billions of gold
  • My replies in bold. Promise I'm not trying to be snarky, but I just honestly don't think that these are changes that need to be made.
    TheDarkWan wrote: »
    New players are being filtered by the impossible difficult grind and not welcomed to the game, one hour to complete one dungeon is not fun.

    Leveling dungeons should never take an hour. One good DPS is enough to carry the party.

    New players have no idea what they are doing most of the time still, feedstock drops are very low.

    Feedstock has currently saturated the market IMO. Look at how much prices have fallen with all of these events.

    New dungeon resurrection fees require a lot of gold that new players simply can not afford.

    This is a good way to teach them not to die.

    Gold acquired from dungeons can not support skills learning prices.

    It can if you're not spending all of your gold on res.

    The real Tera experience begins at lvl 65. If you want to teach players about mechanics you can out line danger zones for players or use the fairy to send messages telling players like Healer to cleanse poisoned players or to the tank to call agro when a boss shows up, or dps player to attack monster's behind xD.

    New players need to pay attention to what they're doing. I like the fact that the game doesn't hold your hand through every little thing.

    Increase feedstock drops for characters under 65.

    No, they're dropping like water as it is.

    Lower dungeon difficulty again.

    Nah.

    Lower price for resurrection.

    Nah.

    Increase gold reward for dungeons and quests.

    Nah.

  • TankyHealerTankyHealer ✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    TheDarkWan wrote: »
    1- It takes over and hour to clear one dungeon even BOL because when you are lvling 2/5 or 3/5 players are new and have no idea what they are doing. Not only that the dps I do is no longer relevant due to change of dungeon difficulty.

    Sm to NT can still be solo'd in 20 minutes or so. Didn't really check the rest because lazy but if you are going baove 30min with a party, your dps doesn't matter because you are not doing any, not because of changes.
    2- How about this sales pitch "Read about us before you play our game, (we are too complicated)" not really a selling point for Tera, and 90% of new players don't do it.

    MMOs are always complex and you need to do some research and ask some questions.
    3- it's lower than 50 gold in lower dungeons and obviously you did not make a Valkyrie yet so you did not endure the nightmare that was the first day launch. Te gold required was not the issue, the issue was the amount, I could not support learning skills and paying for resurrections. I found myself scrambling thought my other characters to get items to sell so I can lvl up one character.

    The resses do cost a lot for a newbie without funding. You can either die less or just wait for the healer to resu you.
    4- You say that feedstock farming is not hard, I did not know u can farm tier 2 feedstock and I would like to know how. I understand that Tera is moving away from dungeon power lvling to BG or story lvling but for the time being dungeons are still and option and should be optimized as long as it is still being used.

    Dismantle tier 2 gear.
    6- New players have no 200 gold.

    The amount of gold you get scales with the level of the content you are doing and is quite OK for that level. You'll obviously need to restrain yourself from making expensive purchases and make do with gear you get from quests(those tokens are so good, so very good). You don't need to be handed 200g every 5 minutes at level 30.

    Exactly.
  • My replies in bold. Promise I'm not trying to be snarky, but I just honestly don't think that these are changes that need to be made.
    TheDarkWan wrote: »
    New players are being filtered by the impossible difficult grind and not welcomed to the game, one hour to complete one dungeon is not fun.

    Leveling dungeons should never take an hour. One good DPS is enough to carry the party.

    New players have no idea what they are doing most of the time still, feedstock drops are very low.

    Feedstock has currently saturated the market IMO. Look at how much prices have fallen with all of these events.

    New dungeon resurrection fees require a lot of gold that new players simply can not afford.

    This is a good way to teach them not to die.

    Gold acquired from dungeons can not support skills learning prices.

    It can if you're not spending all of your gold on res.

    The real Tera experience begins at lvl 65. If you want to teach players about mechanics you can out line danger zones for players or use the fairy to send messages telling players like Healer to cleanse poisoned players or to the tank to call agro when a boss shows up, or dps player to attack monster's behind xD.

    New players need to pay attention to what they're doing. I like the fact that the game doesn't hold your hand through every little thing.

    Increase feedstock drops for characters under 65.

    No, they're dropping like water as it is.

    Lower dungeon difficulty again.

    Nah.

    Lower price for resurrection.

    Nah.

    Increase gold reward for dungeons and quests.

    Nah.

    I agree with most of this post, but you've got a couple things wrong. Gold acquired from dungeons is not enough to fund skill learning prices. It just isn't.
    If leveling only through dungeons and killing bams while waiting for your queues, you will find yourself running out of gold to pay for skills around level 50-55, and that's if you never spend gold on anything else. I say this as a fact based on very recently having leveled 6 characters from 1-65, all of which ran into the same problem around level 50-55.
    To clarify, what I do while leveling is simple: I do dungeons and kill BAMs while waiting. Ignore all quests between 20-60. As far as gold goes, I make a point not to withdraw any gold from my bank until I find myself unable to pay for skills. I never pay for a noob res while leveling, and I have more tier 1-4 feedstock readily available in my bank than I could ever need so there's no paying for dismantling gear here either.
    Now you might say something along the lines of "just do some quests when you run out then," and you'd be right. The red story quests give more than enough gold to learn skills, but this is purely about dungeon gold.

    That said, dungeons could use an increase in gold drops. Specifically, Golden Labyrinth, Saleron's Sky Garden and Labyrinth of Terror. Increasing gold drops in those three would help get rid of the wall players might run into in that level range as the price for skills increases dramatically there. Quests and other dungeons are just fine as is, though.
  • YitharYithar ✭✭✭
    Shikine wrote: »
    Uh that's not how economy works. That gold you spend goes to other players, namely its not disappearing from the economy.

    At this point, kamizuma is sort of like a gold sink. He sells stuff and the gold goes to him. Of course if he uses that gold then it doesn't fix the problem.
    ElinLove wrote: »
    People talk like you should get a "Congratulations for booting your PC!!! Here's your free Behemoth +15 perfect rolls and T4 etches and 100K EMP to buy your costumes!" Gearing is grindy by nature in TERA, and it's been dumbed down times and times again. Heck I was almost considering making myself a VM set even tho I'm THAT lazy.

    There's various tiers of grind, the leveling one is the fastest by game focus on endgame. The second one is initiation into endgame - this patch this one is Slaughter, super easy too but well... a tad harder than leveling... maybe? Third one is mid tier, Guile, harder but still easy enough to get into the harder stuff and make the mid tier stuff easily. Then comes the 2 last steps, the best gear sets, on the hardest content of the game. These shouldn't be easy at all honestly. What's the merit of getting stuff easily frankly? I don't think it should be made any easier to get top tier gear or even mid tier one for that matter.

    Yeah, honestly, as far as I can tell, things have been dumbed down. +15 is easier to get now than back when it first came out. I did the VM2 PvP grind via Alliance BAMs and I lost track of how many I killed.
Sign In or Register to comment.