[PS4/XB1] Maintenance has completed! Thank you for your patience!

Remove Power Hour

2»

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    9LWPWJK9D9 wrote: »
    a) some dungeons in pve is popping 24/7

b) dead times is dead because the system and the game sucks, are you telling me if the rewards is x100 during dead times, people wont login and play it?

c) anyway thats it for me not gonna help this community anymore

d) the bg can stay dead during non power hours :)

a) 90% of the dungeons have a very long time queve to get a party complete ie. KC, LKNM, LKHM, VoK, DFHM, RMNM, SCHM, SSHM, RMHM; and there are a wide day time that does will get you for hours in waiting, so what is your point?

b) dead times is because the amount of players that runs bg's are a small amount from the total player base, and even the queves on battleground varies depending on your class also, not only the time you try to queve (on every battle arena is h-ell as DPS on queve times and that is on every pvp game with treats like ours). Dead times are also because ppl need to eat, work, go to school, do some exersices, sleep and many more things, so that obviously will give you specific day times when we are going to have much less population on-line and that will cause having less ppl queving = longer queve times.

c) If you don't care then why to argue in the first place?

d) If we have full day power hours this is going to be the same becuase real ppl are bound to do things a mentioned in point b.

Cya and good luck.
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    Fixed, scheduled Power Hour won't help due to *ahem* low population and Tera has somewhat lots of people with active Real Life Role quests to do because the actual problem is total population x active time is the main factor of any queue to happen.

Here's one example: it's Friday, you live in Chicago, and trying do to CS.
    The Power Hour for it are on Friday and Sunday; 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM.
    Typical working people gotta work from 8:00 AM to 4:00+ PM. Sure you can take 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM Power Hour but you just get back from work and there is pretty much many things to do. By the time when your chores done, there is not much time in Power Hour left and the queue takes even longer to complete.
    It is however, different story on Sunday where CS literally popup instantly during Power Hour but still dead outside Power Hour because you know, its Sunday...

CS is a daily quest but now you can only get its reward box twice a week per character you have. How I miss that time where you can do every battleground and able to get win its reward box everyday without worrying what time you are online.
  • NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    As Grievuuz said before, there are patches coming to TERA where power hours will no longer work, so there is no point to change things now. When these patches come, you will no longer be able to earn KS/BC reputation and credits, and instead will earn a victory box. You can earn a victory box any time of the day, as many times as you like, and the rewards inside the box will change counting on your participation. Seeing how Gameforge is already on the boat with preparing articles for this upcoming change, it would mean that this patch will be coming fairly soon.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    And I will officially turn into a permanent BG farmer.
  • berrymilkberrymilk ✭✭✭
    FYI bg rewards getting change there will be no killing spree or bell instead where gunna get box's wit etchings,alk,feed,mats so it doesn't matter any more the only thing they need to change is how many dgs you can quse up for at one time.
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    PvP Leaderboards yes yes yes~
  • Moving to the PvP section.

Since this thread is about Power Hours specifically, please stay on that topic and don't turn the thread into a laundry list of different topics.
  • We don't often get requests to turn Power Hours into day-long rewards, so I'm sorry if it's something you've requested before and didn't get a response on.

From what we've been able to measure in the past, any kind of day-long power hour won't spur players to join the queue the same way a burst of extra reward time does. The start and end time for each Power Hour window is designed to encourage more queues to pop within a window, not just reward regular BG players with higher than usual rewards.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    We don't often get requests to turn Power Hours into day-long rewards, so I'm sorry if it's something you've requested before and didn't get a response on.

From what we've been able to measure in the past, any kind of day-long power hour won't spur players to join the queue the same way a burst of extra reward time does. The start and end time for each Power Hour window is designed to encourage more queues to pop within a window, not just reward regular BG players with higher than usual rewards.

wow spacecats replied!

ok yes, the power hours have done a great job of letting new players experience and get addicted to the bg which is great! and definitely i agree was a necessary first step towards improving the situation.

but currently outside the power hours, there's absolutely no chance of a bg popping. players are actually looking at the power hour schedule now and will only queue during the power hour time and stop almost exactly at the end of power hour. the queue can be slow but it must not be totally dead.

i wont ask for much, but request that BABY steps be taken to improve the situation and working towards a 24/7 bg popping for world global domination.

for now i'd like to request an extension of the power hour by just 1 hour and see how things work out.

currently - its 8am to 11am and 4pm to 10pm local eme time

proposed change extension of 1 hour - make it 8 am - 12pm and 4pm to 11pm local eme time

if possible for testing purposes, from 1am to 5am triple the rewards + bonus item (my recommendation is goddess blessing for a win)
    i mean this wont be game changing and the queue might not even pop in the first place, but we have to find a balance and not allow the bg to be dead for too long hours as well as it being playable around the clock (this can relate to off peak promotion like how sometimes fast food restaurant have 1 for 1 meals during weekdays/ off peak hours)

just trying to help here, not break the game, power hour is great and necessary but there has been no improvements ever since

• edited April 2017
    NPCPak wrote: »
    As Grievuuz said before, there are patches coming to TERA where power hours will no longer work, so there is no point to change things now. When these patches come, you will no longer be able to earn KS/BC reputation and credits, and instead will earn a victory box. You can earn a victory box any time of the day, as many times as you like, and the rewards inside the box will change counting on your participation. Seeing how Gameforge is already on the boat with preparing articles for this upcoming change, it would mean that this patch will be coming fairly soon.

for all you know when the knew patch comes, we might just still need power hour couple weeks later.
    or even worst, if the rumours are right, bg totally dies when the new patch hits
  • PlagueFWCPlagueFWC ✭✭✭
    The rewards are based on participation? So on individual score. Healers gonna get screwed again. No healers queue = dead bgs.

Great ideas from bhs as always
  • NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    PlagueFWC wrote: »
    The rewards are based on participation? So on individual score. Healers gonna get screwed again. No healers queue = dead bgs.

Great ideas from bhs as always

Well not quiet, this was fixed for Corsairs' Stronghold, where the contribution score doesn't count, but the rest of the battlegrounds... stayed the same. However, as a healer, I don't really mind. I'm still going to queue for every battleground, everyday. That's what I've been doing for the past 3 years being a full-time healer. Also seeing how it has high-tier items as prizes, it would make it a LOT easier on players. They could earn Superior Etching Boxes, Dyads, VM Materials, and even Mid-Tier Gear all while being in Idoneal... so I expect a lot of players to queue.
  • thank you @Spacecats for trying to improve the battleground queue times

at least for corsair stronghold now, the queue is popping 24/7!

for non dungeon players, at least there's a bg popping outside of previous power hours!
    it has been quite a Looooooooong time since i could queue a bg anytime of the day/night.

I'll keep this post positive and end it with another Thank You.

• 5H96Y49G6D5H96Y49G6D ✭✭✭
    Grievuuz wrote: »
    Do you even patch notes bruh?

The BG reward system is being overhauled - you'll be able to literally do a random BG at any point during the day, win it and get VM9 crafting mats or another goodie in the reward bag.

January 12th Ktera patch notes
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tG334aCCL2L9uiRsv18ZF2MQ_OIvf5rmS_WHdXtMJdg/edit

January 25th Ktera patch notes
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gnhwa_kgIwXeMudbpthI29IcP_YeN7gmBifzI5bWEjY/edit

These are the changes we'll see in the upcoming patch (both of these patches are being consolidated in one update)

EU already posted them over here
    https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/patch-55-velikas-secrets

"Patch 55 includes the Korean updates from 12th and 25th January"

TL:DR, you're getting exactly what you want, next patch, put a little effort into your research pls.

will we be able to convert current credits?