About the Anniversary Tokens

Comments

• GrievuuzGrievuuz ✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    Grievuuz wrote: »
    Will there be ways to obtain these tokens outside of dungeons, battlegrounds and the quiz event?

They are desperate to shove the dungeons and battlegrounds down our throats, so I highly doubt they will offer the tokens for anything else. Whenever they offer any type of prizes to players not playing dungeons or battlegrounds, the elitists get all bent out of shape.

Which defeats the purpose of the events to begin with. Events are supposed to break up the monotony and let us do something else, if all it does is enhance the rewards from doing the same thing we normally do, then you can't call it an event.
  • Grievuuz wrote: »
    Events are supposed to break up the monotony and let us do something else, if all it does is enhance the rewards from doing the same thing we normally do, then you can't call it an event.

Totally agree with you. The event should be something in open world not dungeons runs. And should be something that everyone can do from level 1 to level 65.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    Events are supposed to break up the monotony and let us do something else, if all it does is enhance the rewards from doing the same thing we normally do, then you can't call it an event.

Totally agree with you. The event should be something in open world not dungeons runs. And should be something that everyone can do from level 1 to level 65.

not everyone likes to do dungeons or bg. I know people will be like then whats the point of playing the game...but everyone has different playstyles, and tera should have something for everyones playstyles.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    Will there be ways to obtain these tokens outside of dungeons, battlegrounds and the quiz event?

They are desperate to shove the dungeons and battlegrounds down our throats, so I highly doubt they will offer the tokens for anything else. Whenever they offer any type of prizes to players not playing dungeons or battlegrounds, the elitists get all bent out of shape.

The "Elitist" profit off of open world stuff more so than anyone else especially with multiple accounts being used. A lot of the rewarding events the last few months weren't even for dungeons/bgs either, they were mostly open world based (or there was both with open world being far more rewarding...). I'm not really sure everyone should constantly be highly rewarded for either killing mobs that die in a single hit, hitting a boss once, or smacking a mob that won't kill you even if you're level 1 makes sense as an "event" almost every single time.
  • Halrath wrote: »
    We've told you Anniversary Tokens are coming, but not what they mean for you as players, so here we go!

Starting next Tuesday (5/9), highlighted dungeons, battlegrounds, and community events will drop Anniversary Tokens. Right-clicking on these tokens will open up an in-game shop like Spacecats tokens or IoD tokens, where you can buy cool stuff.

Edit: The battleground highlights are already on the calendar. The dungeon highlights will be announced each week, so stay tuned.

The in-store inventory will change each week, so check them often!

Would be awesome if they could be had from BAMs. The once amazing creatures of Tera but now just red headed step children.
    getting tokens from bam killing would be a nice way to earn them.
  • i think they can put behemoth corversion itens buyable with this tokens for people who had no luck in the rolls and failed to finalize their set before HH was removed
  • getting tokens from bam killing would be a nice way to earn them.

How so? We all farm BAMs on IOD daily without issue. There's NO CHALLENGE in it anymore. As things are now, getting XXX kills is a bigger challenge than farming BAMs.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vix wrote: »

How so? We all farm BAMs on IOD daily without issue. There's NO CHALLENGE in it anymore. As things are now, getting XXX kills is a bigger challenge than farming BAMs.

There's no challenge in anything so let's call the whole thing off then. An OW component is needed so people have something to do while waiting for queues to pop not because it's hard.
  • VixVix
    edited May 2017
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    There's no challenge in anything so let's call the whole thing off then. An OW component is needed so people have something to do while waiting for queues to pop not because it's hard.

I never said no because it's not challenging, but large kill counts are more challenging that BAMs. Open world component? I agree, however BAMs are a terrible way to do that for an anniversary event. Players will PK others who encroach on "their" areas, and many people will never have an opportunity to work it. Again, only select individuals will get the goodies, and everyone else will be left poorer and without anything to show for it. Open world raids to take down summoned bosses? YES. BAMs? NO.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Vix wrote: »
    Players will PK others who encroach on "their" areas, and many people will never have an opportunity to work it.

In order for anyone to be PK'd they'd have to 1) play on a PvP server, 2) be level 65 and 3) Not be in a lvl 65 zone. If you managed to tick all those boxes, I'm not sure you deserve loot anyway.

What do you mean by large kill counts?
    don't make it level restricted for bam kills. yes it may be easier and no challenge, but it would help people get tokens
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    don't make it level restricted for bam kills. yes it may be easier and no challenge, but it would help people get tokens

I agree.

Also not everyone is the same skill level so some people it's harder. I fight with 300+ ping at time so I get hit a lot more often then someone with below 80-100 ping. Just make it so higher level bams have a higher chance of a token
  • ElyannElyann ✭✭✭
    Merkraad wrote: »
    I am loving those wing's they look great on my Valkyrie.

Same here, the wings looks FANTASTIC. I love how one half is white and the other dark. Thanks EME, this is a great start for the 5th anniversary!!! :)

I like wings but they clip through my hair as they don't fix them unlike for the other back accessories.
  • ElyannElyann ✭✭✭

There should be some tweaks to it though ~
    Tokens from bams means healers will have a harder time farming for them ( cause lower dps objectively....and no one needs a healer to farm bams now )...and they should make sure that high level people don't just go killing low level bams for profit as that would ruin the event for the new players.