There will be no maintenance for TERA on 11/21.

Velik's Hold - IMS Only

WoXGbCe.jpg

IMS only?
Comon EME do we have to tell you every patch to fix it to non ims only every single patch?
If this is a actual intended change a lot of people will be very angry.
@Halrath @Noesis

Comments

• I think this is a great idea! I'm sure all of us casual players can now get carried for free gear and roll on mats. Also, since 3rd party programs aren't allowed anymore, it's not like your dps matters! I love casual Tera! Thx for letting me queue IM and afk for free mats and clears!
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    edited May 8
    I hope the achievements is not as similar as Demokron's Factory.
    Because DFNM/HM have achievements that requires u to explore...
    And u can't go in by normal teleporter with your pre-made group..
    :scream:
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭
    Velik's Hold Normal Mode is a gearing dungeon as well. If I'm not mistaken (from EU experience), it drops the weapon. This is going to cause conflicts for guild/groups of friends that want to do gearing runs.

Also, sidn't we have this with the FIHM patch, when Kallvan's first appeared? This has definitely happened before and it did upset the community then...
  • While we're on the subject...
    The achievement. What is the number 6 and 8 for?
    Is it seconds, minutes, hours? 6 wrist slaps on Lakan??

There are 6 achievements for Normal Mode. There are 8 achievements for Hard Mode, including one that grants a title. Hope that helps.
  • SalvatoriSalvatori ✭✭✭
    > @clfarron4 said:
    > Velik's Hold Normal Mode is a gearing dungeon as well. If I'm not mistaken (from EU experience), it drops the weapon. This is going to cause conflicts for guild/groups of friends that want to do gearing runs.
    >
    > Also, sidn't we have this with the FIHM patch, when Kallvan's first appeared? This has definitely happened before and it did upset the community then...

Kallivan never went as 7-man to NA. That was a KTERA thing only.
  • XristosxXristosx ✭✭✭
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    Velik's Hold Normal Mode is a gearing dungeon as well. If I'm not mistaken (from EU experience), it drops the weapon. This is going to cause conflicts for guild/groups of friends that want to do gearing runs.

Also, sidn't we have this with the FIHM patch, when Kallvan's first appeared? This has definitely happened before and it did upset the community then...

Yeah it happened in FIHM patch for kalivans, happened in SSHM patch with demekron factory, happened in RMHM patch with LKNM
    When i say happened, it happened like for the first few days/week because people rage about it right away.
    Halrath wrote: »
    While we're on the subject...

There are 6 achievements for Normal Mode. There are 8 achievements for Hard Mode, including one that grants a title. Hope that helps.

So gonna ignore the actual topic of the post? @Halrath
    Salvatori wrote: »
    > @clfarron4 said:
    > Velik's Hold Normal Mode is a gearing dungeon as well. If I'm not mistaken (from EU experience), it drops the weapon. This is going to cause conflicts for guild/groups of friends that want to do gearing runs.
    >
    > Also, sidn't we have this with the FIHM patch, when Kallvan's first appeared? This has definitely happened before and it did upset the community then...

It did for a brief few days/week until they fixed it, but it shouldn't be a thing that happens when its a NA specific localization that EME is supposed to do to make it NON IMS only.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭
    edited May 8
    Salvatori wrote: »
    > @clfarron4 said:
    >

Yeah, I know that, but there was a short time when it was IMS-only. I actually think the same happened to AI as well.

EDIT: See the above post.
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    edited May 8
    Halrath wrote: »

Thanks for the clarification. I apologize for my derpness..
    I realized the answer to that question as I was brushing my teeth.
    My bad for not properly reading that. Should have brush my teeth first..
    :sweat:
  • Halrath wrote: »

i like how you answer something complety out of the post question and ignore the main thread :)
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭
    On dungeons and IMS, I hope that an IMS-only restriction is not happening to BRNM as well, because that is another mid-tier gearing dungeon.
  • 5H96Y49G6D5H96Y49G6D ✭✭✭
    I think this is a great idea! I'm sure all of us casual players can now get carried for free gear and roll on mats. Also, since 3rd party programs aren't allowed anymore, it's not like your dps matters! I love casual Tera! Thx for letting me queue IM and afk for free mats and clears!

ppl will sync qs no biggy
  • XristosxXristosx ✭✭✭
    5H96Y49G6D wrote: »
    I think this is a great idea! I'm sure all of us casual players can now get carried for free gear and roll on mats. Also, since 3rd party programs aren't allowed anymore, it's not like your dps matters! I love casual Tera! Thx for letting me queue IM and afk for free mats and clears!

ppl will sync qs no biggy

Your probably right, if it does pop they probably will chain kick people until the correct people are found, causing more anger on the forums from new players being kicked, because this is a damned if you do and damned if you dont situation, so they should just not make it IMS only.
  • Halrath wrote: »

@Spacecats @Halrath @Malrok @CobaltDragon @Noesis This is an issue that has happened every major update since Kalivan's Challenge was released and it STILL happens, and then this guy, a representative of your company, comes into the thread and doesn't even address the issue that this thread was made about. The staff at EME are (collectively) a bunch of incompetents, coasting along on the minor success of Tera. If any other dev and publisher made a game that carbon copied the combat of Tera, with cute races and updates with actual substance, BHS and EME would be done for. Even with no alternative on the market, after the years of poor management, the community is fast approaching a breaking point where they will no longer tolerate it. After the recent uproar, Tera and its community are in a critical period, and passive aggressive selectively ignorant posts like this that address NOTHING important are NOT helping the situation. Unless of course, you want your company to die and leave you jobless, then by all means, continue this [filtered].
  • shOxXxshOxXx ✭✭
    I love IMS only dungeons,i had such great time back in past with akeron's inferno NM,is much better than toxic LFG + 15 /skilled/dragon ONLY
  • MinileeMinilee ✭✭
    shOxXx wrote: »
    I love IMS only dungeons,i had such great time back in past with akeron's inferno NM,is much better than toxic LFG + 15 /skilled/dragon ONLY

lol no . Plus most LFG arent that elitist to start with lol. Or else, just get a guild or friends.

IMS is cancer , end of the story