[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Lancer Backstep Nerf

So are we just going to let this one slide?

Backstep now uses so much resolve they might as well remove the skill altogether. I guess this issue affects PvP more than PvE, but it's still a pain considering how key backstep was to lancer play. I don't understand why they changed what wasn't broken....

Comments

• AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Just remove backstep from your hotkey now, otherwise you'll permanently have no resolve to block. LOL ridiculous nerf.
  • +1 this nerf is wildly unnecessary lol
  • SawaoSawao ✭✭
    Fundamentally, completely stupid. Can't even enjoy 1v1 anymore because after two Backsteps I'm completely unable to block anymore. BHS proving yet again they can't do anything right for lancer aside from Riposte crit chance. This may be great for PvE since you're constantly waling away on a boss but it's otherwise the dumbest choice they could've made. Least they could've done was make it 500-600 RE or something. And increasing the iframe duration and distance is surely still in order. 700 is just stupidly excessive. And warrior still needs resolve regen buff.
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Makes you wonder if Wallop will start taking resolve soon :^)
  • senormudkipsenormudkip ✭✭✭
    Welcome to BHS PVP developer team; clashing with PVE with PVP attempts. They are accepting applications for experienced PVPers for pvp balancing. I wish I could apply but its korea only, it's honestly not that hard to fix pvp but korea just doesn't get it
  • AxylusAxylus
    edited May 2016
    seriously what the [filtered] [filtered] is [filtered] [filtered] with that [filtered] [filtered] change i swear to [filtered] if they dont [filtered] change it back im gonna [filtered] [filtered] [filtered] my own [filtered] [filtered] [filtered]
  • Dyne81Dyne81 ✭✭
    main reason why I stopped playing as lancer. this nerf is so moronic...
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Axylus wrote: »
    seriously what the [filtered] [filtered] is [filtered] [filtered] with that [filtered] [filtered] change i swear to [filtered] if they dont [filtered] change it back im gonna [filtered] [filtered] [filtered] my own [filtered] [filtered] [filtered]

RIGHT?
    Dyne81 wrote: »
    main reason why I stopped playing as lancer. this nerf is so moronic...

I come back from hiatus, and wondered why my resolve is permanently 0.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't see it so much as a nerf. If you rely solely on Backstep to get away from attacks, then is the same as staying on Stand Fast the whole time. Before, you may have run into those situations where you used your backstep to avoid a powerful move, just to seconds later finding yourself spamming the Backstep key to get out of yet another powerful attack. Relying on Backstep alone to move away from danger is what seems moronic to me. Stop playing lancer because of a small change on Backstep is what seems moronic to me, the change is not so much of a game changer (at least for me) to stop playing one class.

The issue is more severe on pvp than pve, but then again, the same applies, if you rely too much on backstep for pvp, then i'm not sure why you have a shield for.

Either get better at Resolve management or just wait for BHS to deploy a "fix" for it, when the Korean lancers start to complain about it.
  • SawaoSawao ✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    I personally don't see it so much as a nerf. If you rely solely on Backstep to get away from attacks, then is the same as staying on Stand Fast the whole time. Before, you may have run into those situations where you used your backstep to avoid a powerful move, just to seconds later finding yourself spamming the Backstep key to get out of yet another powerful attack. Relying on Backstep alone to move away from danger is what seems moronic to me. Stop playing lancer because of a small change on Backstep is what seems moronic to me, the change is not so much of a game changer (at least for me) to stop playing one class.

The issue is more severe on pvp than pve, but then again, the same applies, if you rely too much on backstep for pvp, then i'm not sure why you have a shield for.

Either get better at Resolve management or just wait for BHS to deploy a "fix" for it, when the Korean lancers start to complain about it.

I can tell you don't PvP. No one thinks the change is bad for PvE, but if you don't have a need to rely on Backstep in PvP you're playing lancer wrong. The problem is that the resolve is just too costly. Even when it didn't consume RE to use, running out of resolve wasn't uncommon. Block one Whipsaw or an onslaught of slayer attacks and watch how poorly you do at maintaining it without Second Wind.
  • YesunaYesuna ✭✭

Korean lancers don't PvP, how are they going to complain about it?

Also how do you get better at resolve management when literally you're being forced to pick between blocking now and being unable to backstep a desyncy skill that goes through block (sorry "desync management" not a thing), or backstepping the skill and unable to block the followup. You do realize that blocking in PvP is extremely resolve costly already right?

This was a nerf that wasn't needed and shouldn't be here. Why gimp lancer play even more but leave brawler virtually untouched?
  • BlergBlerg ✭✭
    Unless Korean lancers raise a big enough stink about it or BHS randomly decides to throw PvP lancers a bone, nothing will change. I wish you poor souls luck.
  • TimesNewRamenTimesNewRamen ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016

I don't think you PVP enough. Even with a glyphed Backstep, you literally used up 3/4 of your Resolve with just 2 Backsteps. How is this even a buff.
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016

"Get better resolve management" - 2 backsteps = 0 resolve. :^)

Since all of us 4 year lancer mains are in dire need of resolve management tips, please do tell us of your ever-so successful adventures in PVP.
  • NataxieNataxie
    edited May 2016
    There are not enough lancers to complain anymore, most of them quit a while ago. They can keep nerfing and ruining lancers but it will only affect 0.0001% of tera population.

Lancer was my dear first character but I was slowly parting with it. This change was last nail in it's coffin. "But hey, you can play new elin ninja, so shut up, you whiny kid." :cry: