[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Why is it so hard to join guild?

I was a shitter=nobody took me in

I was lv65=nobody took me in

I was lv65 schisma=nobody took me in

I was lv65 dread=nobody took me in

I was lv65 +12 starfall=nobody took me in

I was lv65 +15 starfall= and still nobody takes me in

Like what crazy a*s gear do you need for anyone to even accept you in this game? I just want a good pvp/pve guild interested in competitive play and the only time i ever got an invite was from the great kaahn guild that kicked me out 2 hours later ;(

And the whole Guild Finder feature is not working out for me because there are only Latino speaking guilds advertising on them.

Comments

• Unstoppable is top and ez to join, talk to naiki idunno if they still accepting tho.
  • AetonaAetona ✭✭✭
    Then you have to actually look for a guild. If you're an actual skilled player, a lot of top guilds might take you in.
  • JuudeJuude ✭✭✭
    I was lvl 1, nobody took me in.
    I was lvl 65 with schisma, nobody took me in.
    I was lvl 65 with dread, nobody took me in.
    I am lvl 65 with slaughter mixed with dread, strong guild in pve and pvp took me in.

Why? Because i beat the [filtered] out of their members in pvp.
  • CutechanCutechan ✭✭✭
    Dont worry m8. Ive been guildless since I came to MT like 5 months ago. And Im full +15 as well.
    OrionLoic wrote: »
    Unstoppable is top and ez to join, talk to naiki idunno if they still accepting tho.

KEK
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    Decore wrote: »
    I just want a good pvp/pve guild interested in competitive play....
    OrionLoic wrote: »
    Unstoppable is top and ez to join, talk to naiki idunno if they still accepting tho.

They require you to get ranked though.

Um..... You DO realize that 'competitive' and 'ranked' are pretty much mutually inclusive of each other right? You can't really expect to join a competitive guild and not be ranked. Just saying...

That and people may recognize you from the forums, and you may be seen as kind of whiney, especially with that whole 'proof lancers are more broken than brawlers' thread you did recently.
  • Jerichow wrote: »
    That and people may recognize you from the forums, and you may be seen as kind of whiney, especially with that whole 'proof lancers are more broken than brawlers' thread you did recently.
    LOL omg
  • AlexZandriaAlexZandria ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Like what crazy a*s gear do you need for anyone to even accept you in this game? I just want a good pvp/pve guild interested in competitive play and the only time i ever got an invite was from the great kaahn guild that kicked me out 2 hours later ;(

Idk me and a few of my guildies are ranked in crusade despite us being a small guild with a priest in +0 dreadnaught and an archer who still has 2 mutinous cruxes (despite me handing her proper cruxes). We accept anybody active who is interested in learning mid-higher up end tier content or just mid tier content + achievements.
    They require you to get ranked though.
    I'm just saying getting ranked is pretty easy. Having a high rank isn't more than just running KDHM 2-4 times on a character a day and running DFHM + doing your achievements is enough to get you ranked. Being ranked doesn't necessarily mean "guiz I'm in the top 10 of SSHM" in fact after 24 hours of coming out my server still only had 1 party with an SSHM clear. I'll have to check if that's still the case but it was before I went to work at 4pm central.

also

I was a shitter=nobody took me in

I was lv65 +15 starfall= and still nobody takes me in

These 2 things aren't mutually exclusive anymore. A week before Ninja patch my BF joined a TSNM LFG advertised by someone in +15 SF who died to [filtered] and then died attacking the dragon in the middle of the room with his shield up. You can run CS/FWC and get SF. Last patch you could have ran CW and KDNM and FWC for feedstock to +15 your SF. So being +15 didn't mean you were good. I have a friend who is full SF on her main. I asked her to heal FINM for me when our healer left at last boss and she said she "couldn't" heal FINM. I mean she came in and with a few neophytes we cleared it, but full SF Priest, priest main can't heal FINM...when the mats are supposed to drop from FINM/FIHM.

+15 Starfall doesn't mean good. Proving yourself and looking for smaller competitive guilds based on people you meet in LFG runs instead of assuming the best guild will take some person they don't know in...is what gets you a guild and gives you a chance to become good.

• A lot of top guilds are extremely selective when it comes to recruiting. They're competitive for a reason and it's not unreasonable to get ranked or skilled in a dungeon before applying to them. It's not really typical for them to take on new people. Try finding a more casual guild that shares the same interests as you, pvp or pve, and see if you can't build up your skill level with them and then try again.
  • Dyne81Dyne81 ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I joined a guild when I'm not very good. But, I said I am active. That alone got me in the guild. I do runs with them a lot and have proved to be a decent player. Now, I also received tips from them, improving and wanting to improve will get you far.

in this new guild I got skilled in FI, when before I would be a nice floor mat. Now, I do that for fun and don't die even once.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Honestly, you should consider making one. Heck, I'm surprised the official forums don't have their own server guilds on each world. Like an MT guild just for people from this forum, and a similar guild in CH, and so on and so on.

But yeah, there are a bunch of people in similar situations so you should consider taking advantage of that and starting your own guild. Give it a good name and advertise it as an inclusive place that takes in English speaking players who want to enjoy the game among sane/like minded individuals and you'll probably have a flood of level headed players trying to get in. If you manage to keep a group of civil people around and everyone's asking in gchat if anyone would like to come on content runs before they go and IMS it alone, then you'll already be better than 90% of tera guilds. Just food for thought.
  • LoculiLoculi ✭✭
    The best guilds on your server aren't the only guilds that exist. Maybe you're the one being too selective.
  • PascallePascalle ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Loculi wrote: »
    The best guilds on your server aren't the only guilds that exist. Maybe you're the one being too selective.

This, and just be sociable. I can't play on a new alt long enough at 65 without getting invited to a guild. Just be nice.
  • SinastriaSinastria ✭✭✭
    Maybe you should try a different server. On CH i'm in a very nice guild since day 2, people are awesome and i'm learning to play at a really fast pace.

Take in account even your social attitude anyway, sometimes when you give a bad image of yourself that doesn't help. For example someone could think "overcompetitive=troublemaker", when a good and enjoyable guild is all about a decent and friendly environment among guildies.
  • berrymilkberrymilk ✭✭✭
    Cause alot of people on MT are very picky and elitist xD the reason some people can't find guilds and some guilds just reach caps