WAKE UP, YOUR SERVERS ARE DOWN >:C

12346»

Comments

• @xChiharaMinori - Good Morning. Apparently we posted at the exact same time. ;)
  • edited May 10
    Really liking this transparency, Cobalt. Keep it up! :+1:
  • Resetting dungeon cooldowns now that servers are back up.

The product team is still looking into why some things are not resetting as usual. It's something Bluehole will have to advise us on because it appears to be a server-side issue introduced with the latest update. Hopefully we have an answer soon.
  • Vanguards dind't reset yet
  • edited May 10
    It only got worse. Server is up but I keep disconnecting. Now its 4 disconnect! I assume server can't hold players?? :anguished:
    Ping 700+
  • FYI - the Vanguards daily (which should have resetted around 4 hours ago) have not reset as well.
  • 400ms ping... No dailies reset.
  • Montblanck wrote: »
    FYI - the Vanguards daily (which should have resetted around 4 hours ago) have not reset as well.

I'm getting confirmation on this (and an updated chart of the times, if I can), but it looks like the daily times have unexpectedly changed for VG resets.
  • > @Spacecats said:
    > Montblanck wrote: »
    >
    > FYI - the Vanguards daily (which should have resetted around 4 hours ago) have not reset as well.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm getting confirmation on this (and an updated chart of the times, if I can), but it looks like the daily times have unexpectedly changed for VG resets.

Thank you for keeping everyone posted, dear. I figure the reset times with the update simply weren't switched to NA time zones. Wish the tech support team all the best for speedy resolutions.
  • Right now, it looks like all the reset times were switched to UTC-9 (Pacific Standard Time) instead of just plain UTC. So everything appears to be happening 9 hours later, except for things in the "event" system (like Fed Bills).
  • edited May 10
    Right now, it looks like all the reset times were switched to UTC-9 (Pacific Standard Time) instead of just plain UTC. So everything appears to be happening 9 hours later, except for things in the "event" system (like Fed Bills).

Sounds like a fun time bug. Isn't Korean Standard Time = UTC + 0900? or put another way, KST - 0900 = UTC?

Wasn't the Civil Unrest issues at the start a time bug?
  • clfarron4 wrote: »
    Right now, it looks like all the reset times were switched to UTC-9 (Pacific Standard Time) instead of just plain UTC. So everything appears to be happening 9 hours later, except for things in the "event" system (like Fed Bills).

Sounds like a fun time bug. Isn't Korean Standard Time = UTC + 0900? or put another way, KST - 0900 = UTC?

Wasn't the Civil Unrest issues at the start a time bug like this?

Yeah, Korean time is UTC+9, but the other thing is that they don't have Daylight Savings. But yeah, it does seem to somehow all tie back to time zones in the end. For some reason they must have changed the way something was aligned for whatever reason and neglected to mention it. (And yeah, Civil Unrest was also related to time, but unlike this one it wasn't merely offset, but plain didn't work.)

I mean, in the grand scheme of all the issues, it's probably not the brightest-burning fire right now, but still -- a fascinating study on the perils of delivering software for various markets (and why *all* servers and all time settings should always be in UTC).
  • But this still does not fix the issue many ppl have atm. they did a manual reset yesterday so why not do that so ppl can actualy play while they figure out the problem and fix it
12346»